Lets talk sadly underated shall we

Leykis101

Does anyone know why Mark Rankin seemingly disowned them? what he does now or anything??

Yeah great band,don't know what happened,saw them several times live up to and including supporting Def Leppard on the Adrenalize tour in Belfast when Mark fell on his arse after introducing Steal Your Fire and lay on his hole to sing the entire song and when I say sing he basically laughed through the first part as the band played on  :) first three albums are brilliant...best for me being Gallus with the aforementioned Steal Your Fire along with Welcome To The Real World & Higher Ground being fav tracks but together with Swagger for me both great albums,Taking On The World was ok but not on the same level for me.

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony

Swagger is the only album I have and have listened to, and it's great. Their cover of Cameo's "Word Up" is far better than it has any right to be, but the best track on the album is "Don't Say It's Over." Fuckin' brilliant!! "Crying Over You" is a close second. 

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I see in the main page comments the debut (the one I had) being called pop and not hard rock. Comparisons to Simple Minds and U2. :puke:

No wonder I hated it. 

Maybe those are good comparisons, and fair, that is if simple minds and U2 WERE GOOD!!!! I think a more realistic comparison would be to someone like Gutterboys but even Taking On The World their debut is on the lite side of rock, calling Swagger and Gallus pop rock is disingenuous and would be like comparing Saraya to Tina Turner or Amy Grant

Edited by Leykis101

59 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Maybe those are good comparisons, and fair, that is if simple minds and U2 WERE GOOD!!!! I think a more realistic comparison would be to someone like Gutterboys but even Taking On The World their debut is on the lite side of rock, calling Swagger and Gallus pop rock is disingenuous and would be like comparing Saraya to Tina Turner or Amy Grant

I bought Taking On The World out of a $1 budget bin. Once I spun it one time, I realized I just wasted a dollar.

20 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Does anyone know why Mark Rankin seemingly disowned them? what he does now or anything??

From what I remember reading in interviews etc, Rankin was the one pushing for the more pop sound on the awful phone number album and the brothers were hugely against it, which is pretty much what lead to them splitting up.

Then when they reformed, Rankin was just no longer interested in performing anymore and was working as a promoter with Mercury records for new bands based in London.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PeterS said:

That truly as a dreadful album. 

Up there with Crisis Party in my book, I cant even think of 1 good song on it, even one i can remember.

Edited by Leykis101