Lillian Axe

AlphaMale

Insomnia led to me spinning their first 4 discs in succession last night.

What a band they were!! For me at least, I don't think I skipped a single song.

Their debut was solid but it's "Love + War" where they really started to be killer. This is a case where each release absolutely got better.

"Love + War"  was better than the debut. "Poetic Justice" was better than "Love + War". "Psychoschizophrnia" was better than "Poetic Justice".

I really wish we would have gotten one more Ron Taylor fronted disc after "Psycho". A real shame.

I do love most of "Field's Of Yersterday" too.

Stevie was a blazing mfer on those first 4 discs.

Awesome band!

Love + War is my favourite (Show A Little Love, Down On You, She Likes It On Top, My Number.. so good) closely followed by Poetic Justice. Took me a while to appreciate that album but yeah, it rocks. Great live band too. 

Killer song -

• Like 1

Lillian Axe was at the time my favourite band. Poetic Justice might be the best produced and greatest guitar sound on any album I’ve ever heard. Love & War was a bargain bin purchase in 1990...based only on the cover. Turned out to be one of the greatest releases ever...like Hysteria this album has so many epic classic tracks, this album deserved to be a massive hit. The debut was solid, sounded like a Ratt album especially with Robyn Crosby’s involvement. Psycho...was the bands last great release...a change in sound to what we see today from them started on this release. Like Poetic Justice such a well produced and beautifully sounding album...which includes two of the best ballads ever. 

In my eyes and to my ears, only Metallica with Lightning, Masters and Justice has another band released such a massive trifecta of releases like Lillian Axe did with Love & War, Poetic Justice and Psycho...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Lillian Axe was at the time my favourite band. Poetic Justice might be the best produced and greatest guitar sound on any album I’ve ever heard. Love & War was a bargain bin purchase in 1990...based only on the cover. Turned out to be one of the greatest releases ever...like Hysteria this album has so many epic classic tracks, this album deserved to be a massive hit. The debut was solid, sounded like a Ratt album especially with Robyn Crosby’s involvement. Psycho...was the bands last great release...a change in sound to what we see today from them started on this release. Like Poetic Justice such a well produced and beautifully sounding album...which includes two of the best ballads ever. 

In my eyes and to my ears, only Metallica with Lightning, Masters and Justice has another band released such a massive trifecta of releases like Lillian Axe did with Love & War, Poetic Justice and Psycho...

You mean these?

Sublime songs.

Love & War is one of my favourite albums ever , such a great disc with so many great songs , my favourite by Lillian Axe for sure ,like the 3 others from their first 4 but after Psycho I lost interest...still have Fields Of Yesterday but the change afterwards in style didnt appeal to me nor the change of singer...but Love & War is a classic...picked it up on cassette just after release for about £7 for the same reason as some...the cover...which I also have the tshirt for  :)

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, lettard said:

picked it up on cassette just after release for about £7 for the same reason as some...the cover...which I also have the tshirt for  :)

Yeah.... that cover defintely one of my favorites. She was hot! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, Stefan said:

You mean these?

Sublime songs.

Ah man, chills sent rippling down the spine listening to 'The day I met you.' Been probably over a year since I've spun that - regrettably. Such an amazing tune. 

As is 'World stopped turning' above - one of my personal favourites too. 

Anyway, I can only echo what everyone's said here. Four killer albums and a band that were completely unstoppable in their prime. Nothing that's happened since will ever be able to take the gloss of how awesome these guys were. While we're dropping killer tunes;

• Like 1