Sleaze/Glam Song of the Day

On 2/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, Aordave89 said:

Agreed, they lost a lot when he left. 

Did you check out guitarist Dennis Post’s new band Flush The Fashion? Debut came out a couple of years back called ‘Failure Is Totally An Option’.

Checked out Flush The Fashion and I'm totally digging it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.. I'll play A little known song by my favorite sleaze band of all time.. wonder what happened to these guys Erotic Suicide - What Did You Get Me    

MONSTER album...  

Tora Tora - Guilty. Alpha mentioned this one the other day. A very cool track.     

• 2020 Gold Donors
7 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

MONSTER album...

Yep, I really love this album. Definitely one of my favourites. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Yep, I really love this album. Definitely one of my favourites. 

The Edge.. One of the best intros surely?! Stunning album with Steve Stevens cutting loose. 

Assuming you like Crue.. where would you slot this one amongst their discography? 

• 2020 Gold Donors
50 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

The Edge.. One of the best intros surely?! Stunning album with Steve Stevens cutting loose. 

Assuming you like Crue.. where would you slot this one amongst their discography? 

If this was a Crue album, then I would have it as number one. No question. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Good question-I'd definitely put it ahead of the self titled 1994 release

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Good question-I'd definitely put it ahead of the self titled 1994 release

Me too - I like Corabi and I don’t dislike the album, but it’s just not Crue. I always rated New Tattoo but opinion seems split between the fans. 

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

If this was a Crue album, then I would have it as number one. No question. 

I’m still thinking about this one haha.. It would definitely be in my top 3 but there’s something about Shout and Feelgood. I’ll have to settle with those as a top 3. 

6 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

MONSTER album...

Agreed...

pity he followed it up with that Carved In Stone shite...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, lettard said:

Agreed...

pity he followed it up with that Carved In Stone shite...

Amen to that.. bloody awful wasn’t it. Think I played it twice and have zero desire to play it again. Tattoos & Tequila on the other hand.. despite being a cover album barring a couple of originals is a solid effort. 

Same question as above - Where would Exposed fit in with Crue’s discography for you? 

• 2020 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

MONSTER album...

Listening to this track again. It's an old line, but I always have a laugh when I hear,

"liquor in the front and poker in the rear". 

I'd love to own a bar just so I could display that sign.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Listening to this track again. It's an old line, but I always have a laugh when I hear,

"liquor in the front and poker in the rear". 

I'd love to own a bar just so I could display that sign.

Classic Vince isn’t it :lol:

I always imagined it above the door at the Titty Twister (From Dusk Till Dawn)..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Same question as above - Where would Exposed fit in with Crue’s discography for you? 

Hmmm,well Dr Feelgood is my number one,in fact Im a fan of the first five releases,but i'd put it in 3rd behind Dr Feelgood & Girls Girls Girls

Love that disc...its just so duuurty..but its sleaze its supposed to be like that..great stuff

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, lettard said:

Love that disc...its just so duuurty..but its sleaze its supposed to be like that..great stuff

I hear you.. songs like Whip, Little Dove and Slip Of The Tongue.. I think they confirm Taime Downe is worthy of his name! 

• 2020 Gold Donors

Tora Tora - Guilty.

Alpha mentioned this one the other day. A very cool track. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Awesome song fron and Awesome album...

Awesome album indeed. Follow up wasn’t as strong but still some great moments on there. 

• 2020 Gold Donors

Pure Sleaze. Great video, Killer track and Killer intro!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• THE OFFSPRING – Let the Bad Times Roll (2021) April 12, 2021     from various sopurces: Working with mega producer Bob Rock (Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi) THE OFFSPRING are back next week with their new album ”Let The Bad Times Roll”: twelve tracks that are drenched with shades of their previous offerings, while delivering a vibrant modern sound that’s seen the title track ‘Let The Bad Times Roll’ elevated to high rotation on rock radio with its commercial polish, while keeping the attitude of the band intact. With ”Let The Bad Times Roll” The Offspring provide a refreshing soundtrack to your own personal apocalypse. Sugar-coating nothing with a satisfyingly merry acknowledgment that everything currently sucks, this is the perfect album to crank the volume on when you’re content just to watch the world burn for a day… Returning to their signature blend of jovial rock n’ pop-punky with a cheeky twist, the album kicks off without foreplay. “This Is Not Utopia,” a rhythmically palpitating opener led by power chords and gang chants, denounces modern-day America from being the Promised Land it monikers itself to be. It might seem a curious move from a band that doesn’t consider itself political, but it sets the tone perfectly for what follows. The title track and lead single, “Let the Bad Times Roll” is a near-perfect return to form. Its aggressive, guitar stabbing verses coupled with its poppy, acoustic-based chorus, and weighty lyrical undertones make it a perfect fit for the playlist to Satan’s spin class. And yet, the lazy fade-out that tags on to the end of the song is unforgivable, rendering its built-up momentum impotent. One of the most enjoyable things about ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is every member is clearly heard, feels completely present, and sounds wholly invested. Even on the reimagined Offspring milestone” Gone Away”, stripped back to a piano and vocal rendition with hints of strings that is as beautiful as it is haunting. A result in no small part due to another return from legendary producer, Bob Rock (Metallica, Motley Crue), who clearly knows what fans want to hear on a great Offspring record. Traits such as the dynamic duo of vocalist Dexter Holland and guitarist Noodles being a sonic force throughout. Especially evident on more moving numbers such as “Behind Your Walls,” which sees Holland cater to the verse with a seldom heard, lower register to his vocal delivery. Again with “Coming for You”, which is brought to life by drummer Pete Padara and newcomer Todd Morse on bass. Morse makes a great impression on this record, particularly on what is sure to become an instant Offspring classic, the satirically, and joyously depressing, “We Don’t Have Sex Anymore”. Led by a bass line that sounds like a nod to The Cure’s “Lovecats”, everything about this piece, from the horn section to the playful piano and painful, yet hilarious storytelling delivered by Holland, catapults this tale of sexless woe into the stratosphere. The album’s standout track, it achieves its own kind of happy ending, even if no one else does. Despite what it might initially allude to, ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is not the overtly political statement it might suggest itself be. The narrative is one of reflections, not criticisms, observations as opposed to opinions, while musically the energy, thankfully, is as dynamic as ever. A fun and entertaining shot for this lock down era. Tracklist: 01 – This Is Not Utopia 02 – Let The Bad Times Roll 03 – Behind Your Walls 04 – Army Of One 05 – Breaking These Bones 06 – Coming For You 07 – We Never Have Sex Anymore 08 – In The Hall Of The Mountain King 09 – The Opioid Diaries 10 – Hassan Chop 11 – Gone Away 12 – Lullaby Dexter Holland – lead and backing vocals, guitar Noodles – guitar Pete Parada – drums Todd Morse – bass guitar Bob Rock – producer, mixing, engineer   Pre order: www.target.com/p/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-82383162 theoffspring.concordrecords.com/products/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-cd/
    • I'd rather you go to the "I Love Geoff Tate" forum and post all you want there.  
    • Think I should post about Sweet Oblivion in the prog rock and metal section ? It’s difficult to categorize this great music !
    • People can do whatever they want with their own fiction, it's the people who subscribe to it that are weeding each other out, sadly some of us who dont, are also caught in the crossfire
    • I love the music. The vocals....... not so much. I agree musically it sounds like FarCry but a drastic change in vocal style. Maybe it will grow on me.
    • Never even knew this existed until today. Vinyl only release limited to 500 copies. Band was still in Canada at this time before moving to the US. Anyone ever heard this? April 12, 2021     Now very rare, this was a limited 500 copies – vinyl only – press via Precision Records. This was the time when the band rocked in their native Canada before moving to USA. Musically, they were much more raw, with a glam punky sleazy sound which was instantly adored by headbangers for their adrenaline charged, wasted tunes like “Nuclear Attack”, “I Do What I Want” and “Here Comes The Night”. Almost impossible to find vinyl. Tracklist: 01 – Here Comes The Night 02 – She’s So Pretty 03 – Everybody’s Gonna Have A Real Good Time 04 – I’ll Do What I Want 05 – Oh Love 06 – Nuclear Attack 07 – I Was Gonna Ron Sweetheart Collie – lead vocals Jeff Campbell – guitar, vocals Michael Lotimer – bass, vocals Peter Lotimer – drums, vocals   Out of print          
    • Lady Blue - Von Groove

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.