Sleaze/Glam Song of the Day

Darkstone

23 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Love this album

Yeah love that disc...pity they ventured off on the follow up...they had potential,still listen to this quite a bit...in fact i'm gonna spin it now after my lunch break when I return to work  :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah love that disc...pity they ventured off on the follow up...they had potential,still listen to this quite a bit...in fact i'm gonna spin it now after my lunch break when I return to work  :)

I’m going to spin it this afternoon too.. as you say the follow up is hit and miss. I actually dig the new singles they put out. One band I’d love to tick off the bucket list :D

• My Little Pony
On 2/11/2021 at 4:17 AM, Aordave89 said:

One band I’d love to tick off the bucket list :D

Me too. And I think they're from my neck o' the woods. 

17 minutes ago, lettard said:

Until after Sultans ;) lol...for me anyway :drink:

I hear you mate.. I’m a huge fan of both musical eras, they do the heavy stuff incredibly well. 

Sultans is a killer album! Bastards Of Rock N’ Roll :headbanger:

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

A band who have evolved musically but never put out a poor album. Love the debut. 

Re-visiting this one after your post. Cheers.

I may have mentioned this before, but we have a Domestic Cricket team down here called the "Sydney Thunder".

Everytime I hear this one I think of what a great track it would be as a TV promo for those guys or any other sporting team called the "Thunder".

Edited by Darkstone

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Re-visiting this one after your post. Cheers.

I may have mentioned this before, but we have a Domestic Cricket team down here called the "Sydney Thunder".

Everytime I hear this one I think of what a great track it would be as a TV promo for those guys or any other sporting team called the "Thunder".

I’m going to revisit their earlier albums next week. Knock You Down is a winner too. 

Imagine that blasting out as the guys enter the field.. definitely a good idea there mate. 

Do you dig their current heavier stuff? If so they brought out a re-recording of ‘Bring The Thunder’ as a bonus track for Renatus - heavy as hell. I love it. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

I’m going to revisit their earlier albums next week. Knock You Down is a winner too. 

Imagine that blasting out as the guys enter the field.. definitely a good idea there mate. 

Do you dig their current heavier stuff? If so they brought out a re-recording of ‘Bring The Thunder’ as a bonus track for Renatus - heavy as hell. I love it. 

Yes, I love their heavier stuff. 

Um..No, I didn't know about that bonus track and I can't find it on youtube. That's one that fell through the cracks.

23 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Yes, I love their heavier stuff. 

Um..No, I didn't know about that bonus track and I can't find it on youtube. That's one that fell through the cracks.

I’ll send it over when I’m on my laptop later.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Fucking awesome band.. shame we never got more from them. Any love for Grayson Manor??

The first track strayed a bit too much into the "Punk" territory that I dislike and I thought, nope, but they redeemed themselves with the second one. These guys definitely straddle that Punk/Sleaze line. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

The first track strayed a bit too much into the "Punk" territory that I dislike and I thought, nope, but they redeemed themselves with the second one. These guys definitely straddle that Punk/Sleaze line. 

I hear you, they definitely ride that line between glam/sleaze and punk. They only have one album and 2 EP’s, well worth checking out. I think you’ll dig the ‘Return To The Manor’ EP, it was their comeback and it’s a touch more.. mature. 

Other 2 tracks..

Edited by Aordave89
  • Like 1