Midnite City - Itch You Can't Scratch

tts42572

On 2/2/2021 at 6:09 PM, The Rocker said:

Just listened to the 1 minute samples on itunes, another hit album coming from them!

Just got around to listening to the samples also.  Hell yeah, gonna be great!

Think what stood out to me was there seems to be a bit more variety than maybe they've had on their previous albums.

Sounding excellent to me!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Won't be the best song on the album, but I like it well enough. Can't wait to hear this album. 

• Like 1

Decent enough song. Catchy with a nice solo. Not a fan of some of the synth parts however, just sound like they’ve been put in for the sake of having them in. 

I dig that one.  Very catchy....reminds me a bit of Unskinny Bop Poison combined with Hysteria era Def Leppard.

Nice hearing them mix it up a bit and doing something totally different than anything else in their catalog also.  In listening to this song and the album samples, it does sound like they are trying to expand their boundaries a bit on this album and not just do all the same things as they did on the first 2 albums.       

Very Crazy Lixx, nice!

• 2 months later...

These guys have a formula that just fucking works. Nothing Earth shattering, but one of those bands that just don’t release bad songs.

58 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Not a bad song but nothing amazing either. Cool idea for a video. 

Definitely a different music video.....cool concept.  Don't see too many videos these days with that degree of thought and effort into them.

As for the song, basically agree.  Nothing amazing but still a solid tune.  I kind of like that it's a little bit different in terms of the vibe and subject matter for them compared to most of their other songs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Definitely a different music video.....cool concept.  Don't see too many videos these days with that degree of thought and effort into them.

As for the song, basically agree.  Nothing amazing but still a solid tune.  I kind of like that it's a little bit different in terms of the vibe and subject matter for them compared to most of their other songs.

I agree - Especially for a more smaller band on the rock scale. I do enjoy a good video, most these days seem to be fairly uninspired. 

I thought the same, it is cool to see them push the boundaries and do something different than the usual break-up songs (although I’m sure there will still be a few), plus I personally enjoy a horror vibe within songs (Crazy Lixx - XIII etc). The song itself isn’t bad but I highly doubt it will be the best on the album. 

• Like 1

Cool.
Very nice $1000 clip, shows a great idea can be better than an expensive production.
I like the song. I like the tame gang vocal thing, like the bridges, like the chorus, song changes around enough, some nice melodies and hooks.
Ticks all the boxes, like this band always does.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is out in Japan.

Gave it a listen and absolutely loving it.  Basically just follows the formula of the first 2 albums only I think they've added quite a bit more variety here.  I've only been through a couple times so far but it's already feeling like their strongest album top to bottom to me.

I'm having a tough time even picking a favorite song. Maybe Fire Inside or Darkest Before The Dawn....Or possibly I Don't Need Another Heartache...Basically I dig every tune here though.

Need more spins but pretty sure this will be moving to my top spot for 2021 after the dust settles.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

This is out in Japan.

Gave it a listen and absolutely loving it.  Basically just follows the formula of the first 2 albums only I think they've added quite a bit more variety here.  I've only been through a couple times so far but it's already feeling like their strongest album top to bottom to me.

I'm having a tough time even picking a favorite song. Maybe Fire Inside or Darkest Before The Dawn....Basically I dig every tune here though.

Need more spins but pretty sure this will be moving to my top spot for 2021 after the dust settles.

What's the bonus track?

45 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

What's the bonus track?

Original tune called Girls of Tokyo.  

It's a pretty good tune and can't complain about an original song as a bonus...beats having some acoustic or remix of a song already on the album.

Yeah got an email from Roulette,something about the pressing factory and covids affect on it has pushed it back...  :( ah well...11th June it is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah got an email from Roulette,something about the pressing factory and covids affect on it has pushed it back...  :( ah well...11th June it is

Surprised they still kept the 5/26 release date in Japan when they changed it for the rest of the world.  I ordered the Japan CD this time for the jewel case and bonus track and happy now I did.

16 hours ago, tts42572 said:

beats having some acoustic or remix of a song already on the album.

Especially when it's an acoustic version of a song that's already a slow ballad and practically acoustic to begin with.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Surprised they still kept the 5/26 release date in Japan when they changed it for the rest of the world.  I ordered the Japan CD this time for the jewel case and bonus track and happy now I did.That getting a Japanese copy.

Tthe breakfast club entertainment GIF by Desus & Mero

Edited by Doggy