Jump to content

Jon Schaffer-Iced Earth


Recommended Posts

He seems to be getting a lot of hate directed towards  himself.While I've seen pics of him at the Capitol in Washington DC I haven't seen any pics where he's being violent,damaging things,etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a new band in my top 5, and they just sold themselves about 100,000 more cd's, what a genius PS, thats marketing.

Edited by Leykis101
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

😂

8232CBB6-C80F-450F-AA50-712659008064.jpeg

Funny how all the trump supporters(who probably don't work) all bragged about going to the capitol and stopping the steal are now saying it was Antifa !

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

(CNN)A heavy metal guitarist with ties to the Oath Keepers will plead guilty Friday to two crimes related to the Capitol insurrection, according to court documents, making him the first rioter to plead guilty.

Court documents indicate that Jon Ryan Schaffer, from the heavy metal group Iced Earth, will plead guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a deadly or dangerous weapon. He brought bear spray into the Capitol.
A hearing is currently underway in Washington, DC, federal court.
Schaffer, in jail while he awaits trial, has distanced himself from the Oath Keepers and has been speaking with prosecutors already.
 
 
He participated in "debrief interviews" starting in March, according to a court filing, which prosecutors intended to share in court confidentially and mistakenly made public.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Sounds like he's ratting people out

You just might be the dumbest idiot this board has ever seen. 

Wow

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Ryan Schaffer pleaded guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a building with a dangerous weapon. He admitted to carrying bear spray into the Capitol complex during the formal certification of the Electoral College votes.

One hundred days after the January 6 attack, Schaffer is now the first pro-Trump rioter to plead guilty and admit his crimes. His plea was in the works for at least a few weeks, and recent court filings revealed that he met with federal investigators for several "debrief interviews" last month.

Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government. The sentencing decision will ultimately be made by federal Judge Amit Mehta, who is overseeing the case.

Investigators likely asked for information about the Oath Keepers, the far-right paramilitary group with a dozen members facing conspiracy charges. Schaffer wore an "Oath Keepers Lifetime Member" hat inside the Capitol, but his defense attorneys have distanced him from the group, saying he bought the hat from a fan and doesn't know anything about the organization.

Many of the Capitol riot defendants have expressed interest in pleading guilty and attempting to move on with their lives. But those plea deals - and potential cooperation deals - have been slowed down while prosecutors waited for sign-off from senior Justice Department officials.

Schaffer's plea was made official during a hastily arranged hearing Friday in DC District Court.

As part of the plea deal, Schaffer agreed to cooperate with investigators and potentially testify in related criminal cases, according to the court proceedings. In return for Schaffer's assistance, the Justice Department might later urge the judge to show leniency during his sentencing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

entering a building with a dangerous weapon. He admitted to carrying bear spray

:screwy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Twisted Sister star Dee Snider has ripped into guitarist Jon Schaffer for his role in the riot at the U.S. Capitol in January, calling the Iced Earth star an “embarrassment to the metal community.”

Schaffer pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress and trespassing on restricted grounds of the Capitol while armed with a deadly or dangerous weapon during a hearing on Friday, as part of a plea deal to minimise his jail time.

He has also entered into a co-operation agreement with government agents.

On Sunday, We’re Not Gonna Take This singer Snider took aim at his fellow rocker, calling him a “PIECE OF S—” on Twitter.

“First he shames us with his terrorist actions in DC, and THEN he becomes a rat to his own people for a lighter sentence!” Dee raged. “MAN THE F— UP! Own your s—! If you do the crime, do the time!”

And when one of Dee’s Twitter followers defended the guitarist, writing, “At least he had the balls to stand up for what he believes in!!!!!” Snider fired back: “How do you feel about him being the first to plead guilty and co-operating with the Feds to lessen his sentence? Not what I call stand up. 

Schaffer was initially charged with six crimes, including engaging in an act of physical violence and targeting police with bear spray. In his plea agreement, Schaffer acknowledged he is a founding lifetime member of the Oath Keepers, a group of U.S. patriots associated with militias.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Twisted Sister star Dee Snider has ripped into guitarist Jon Schaffer for his role in the riot at the U.S. Capitol in January, calling the Iced Earth star an “embarrassment to the metal community.”

Schaffer pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress and trespassing on restricted grounds of the Capitol while armed with a deadly or dangerous weapon during a hearing on Friday, as part of a plea deal to minimise his jail time.

He has also entered into a co-operation agreement with government agents.

On Sunday, We’re Not Gonna Take This singer Snider took aim at his fellow rocker, calling him a “PIECE OF S—” on Twitter.

“First he shames us with his terrorist actions in DC, and THEN he becomes a rat to his own people for a lighter sentence!” Dee raged. “MAN THE F— UP! Own your s—! If you do the crime, do the time!”

And when one of Dee’s Twitter followers defended the guitarist, writing, “At least he had the balls to stand up for what he believes in!!!!!” Snider fired back: “How do you feel about him being the first to plead guilty and co-operating with the Feds to lessen his sentence? Not what I call stand up. 

Schaffer was initially charged with six crimes, including engaging in an act of physical violence and targeting police with bear spray. In his plea agreement, Schaffer acknowledged he is a founding lifetime member of the Oath Keepers, a group of U.S. patriots associated with militias.

Your last two posts in this thread have been very well written. Nice job mate.

I'm assuming you wrote them yourself as you haven't cited any sources. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Your last two posts in this thread have been very well written. Nice job mate.

I'm assuming you wrote them yourself as you haven't cited any sources. ;)

Thank you, compliments are always appreciated and so hard to come by....:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

And when one of Dee’s Twitter followers defended the guitarist, writing, “At least he had the balls to stand up for what he believes in!!!!!”

Schaffer's beliefs are based on bullshit lies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.