new Frontiers supergroup

AlphaMale

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/new-supergroup-feat-members-of-whitesnake-stryper-inglorious-to-record-album-in-early-2021

New supergroup feat. members of Whitesnake, Stryper, Inglorious to record album in early 2021

file.jpgc4c526_0383dbf816bb437f906536bd1e6cbb4e~mv2.webp

Frontiers ltd. have announced the formation of a new musical supergroup featuring Nathan James of Inglorious on vocals, Michael Sweet (Stryper) and Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake,Night Ranger) on guitar, Marco Mendoza (The Dead Dasies,Whitesnake) on bass, and Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy,Whitesnake,Driver) on drums. The yet to be named project is set to hit the studio in early 2021.

Tags:

17 hours ago, Glen said:

I predict medium paced boring songs. 

I hope I'm wrong 

Probably the former.

18 hours ago, Doggy said:

What  no Romero or Del Vecchio ?

Del Vecchio involved. Everybody will be happy :P

From Serafino Perugino/Frontiers:

MICHAEL SWEET / NATHAN JAMES SUPERGROUP – While this “thing” still has no name, everything is planned in early 2021 for the production. The lineup will include none other than Michael Sweet of Stryper on guitars and co-production, Nathan James of Inglorious on lead vocals, Joel Hoekstra on guitars, Marco Mendoza on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums with Alessandro Del Vecchio on keyboards and co-production. Saying that I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this would be an understatement!

• My Little Pony
23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Sounds great, but aren't most Frontiers releases "Super Groups"?

That term gets splashed around quite a bit.

The term is overused. Kevin Shirley said, in reference to Black Country Communion, that nobody in the band was a household name, and therefore it shouldn't be called a supergroup. 

So, if that's the standard...

• 2023 Gold Donors
46 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The term is overused. Kevin Shirley said, in reference to Black Country Communion, that nobody in the band was a household name, and therefore it shouldn't be called a supergroup. 

So, if that's the standard...

If that's the standard, then "The Traveling Wilburys" probably come the closest off the top of my head. Although, I'm not sure if Jeff Lynne could be considered a "household name".

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

If that's the standard, then "The Traveling Wilburys" probably come the closest off the top of my head. Although, I'm not sure if Jeff Lynne could be considered a "household name".

Jeff Lynne was big seventies with his band Electric Light Orchestra. Band had cellos and violins .

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 minute ago, Doggy said:

Jeff Lynne was big seventies with his band Electric Light Orchestra. Band had cellos and violins .

Yeah, I was well aware of who Jeff Lynne was and although ELO were huge, I don't necessarily think that he was that well known personally. 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:56 AM, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I was well aware of who Jeff Lynne was and although ELO were huge, I don't necessarily think that he was that well known personally. 

I would say if there were in a band that was a household name at the time of their peak, then they qualify.

I mean, while Eddie and Dave were the household names, I would not say Michael Anthony not being a household name makes him any less of a supergroup contender. Same as Alec, Tico or David in Bon Jovi.

A lot of people do not take time to learn band member names, but that does not make any member of the band any less famous.

Not every band can be a John, Paul, George and Ringo level of everyone knowing their names.