Most Disappointing "Comeback" Album

AlphaMale

• 2023 Gold Donors

Sadly, it's a very common thing. I know it must be hard to recapture the early magic, but I think a lot of these comebacks are just cash grabs unfortunately. 

Off the top of my head,

Steelheart, Riverdogs, Giant, Lynch Mob :doh: , Tyketto, Hericane Alice, to name a few.

Although, the recent "Hittman" album shows that they can sometimes be a triumph. 

28 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Sadly, it's a very common thing. I know it must be hard to recapture the early magic, but I think a lot of these comebacks are just cash grabs unfortunately. 

Off the top of my head,

Steelheart, Riverdogs, Giant, Lynch Mob :doh: , Tyketto, Hericane Alice, to name a few.

Although, the recent "Hittman" album shows that they can sometimes be a triumph. 

I agree with those bands too.

Even Kix, my hometown heroes were less than impressive on Rock Your Face Off.

13 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Off the top of my head,

I've never been a huge Steelheart fan, but I do like some of the early stuff.

But I thought Through The Worlds Of Stardust was an amazing album.
Is that the comeback album you referred to?
Aside from that, he was never going to be able to sing like he did. I mean he still does well given his age, but what he used to do was never going to stand the test of time.

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I've never been a huge Steelheart fan, but I do like some of the early stuff.

But I thought Through The Worlds Of Stardust was an amazing album.
Is that the comeback album you referred to?
Aside from that, he was never going to be able to sing like he did. I mean he still does well given his age, but what he used to do was never going to stand the test of time.

Yeah,  it's not a bad album. The problem with comebacks or reunions is that expectations are high, sometimes maybe too high.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Only Aussies will be familiar with this one. It was a huge disappointment at the time.

During the 70s "Skyhooks" was a massive Australian band. Pure Glam/Pop, although they could be quite edgy at times. I think they may have had a couple of songs banned.

The first four clips are from the mid 70s when they were in their prime.

However, in 1990 they reunited for an eagerly anticipated comeback album and tour. 

The final clip is the single (Jukebox in Siberia) from that album. It was very, very bad.

20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Off the top of my head,

Yeah we (used to) get excited when they were announced,now not so much,just take the new news about Giant here on the board...no-one is exactly besides themselves waiting for that...although I actually thought the new Hericane Alice ep  was good ;)

Edited by lettard

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 12/31/2020 at 11:44 AM, Darkstone said:

Off the top of my head,

For me Steelheart had a few good songs on it but the rest I agree with you on.

I would add Spread Eagle to this list as well. When I heard the samples of their comeback, I steered clear of it. Sounded nothing like their first two albums. I also wasn’t a fan of the Tora Tora comeback.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, headbanger4life said:

For me Steelheart had a few good songs on it but the rest I agree with you on.

I would add Spread Eagle to this list as well. When I heard the samples of their comeback, I steered clear of it. Sounded nothing like their first two albums. I also wasn’t a fan of the Tora Tora comeback.

Yup.... both of those were duds. Tota Tora I kinda expected but I was surprised how bad the Spread Eagle is.