degreed - The World We Knew

Stefan

Ok tune I guess.

My problem I think though is that I'm so damn sick of this year that I don't want to listen to a song about it.  So don't realyl see myself getting into this song much even though I dig these guys and it's well done.

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Ok tune I guess.

My problem I think though is that I'm so damn sick of this year that I don't want to listen to a song about it.  So don't realyl see myself getting into this song much even though I dig these guys and it's well done.

4 hours ago, Glen said:

great song as always from these guys and a nice reflection on the year that's been with a positive uplifting message 

I agree with both of you. Glen is correct that it's a great song with a positive message. And I share tts' discomfort with reflecting on this year. I just watched the Big Fat Quiz last night, and was mostly depressed looking back at the year that was 2020.

This song's saving grace--apart from it being excellently crafted--is it never mentioned Covid-19, Coronavirus, epidemic, or pandemic, so you could listen to this ten years from now and not immediately recognise what it was referring to. Apart from covered faces, which could just as well be a metaphor, there's no clear indication of "what happened to the world we knew." 

The pessimist in me says we might need songs like this to get through 2021, because I don't think it's gonna be a whole lot different than 2020. 

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony
12 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I will never tire of laughing at official lyric videos that have misspellings in them.

Yeah. Fan made lyric videos are one thing, but official... It's embarrassing. 

• Like 1