Crowne (feat. Alex Strandell) - Kings In The North

Stefan

3 minutes ago, lettard said:

Probably my fav from the  thus far

I'd agree.  I haven't really cared much for the previous tunes.  Music in all sounds great but just didn't care for the songs themselves and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Strandell is a guy that is just can be hit and miss for me.

This one is more of a hit and sounds pretty good.

Don't think I'll be buying this album though as it's basically 1 for 4 for me.  But I'll probably find a few tunes from it to add to my playlists.

New video for "Unbreakable".  This is nitpicking to the highest degree but...

I could not help but notice that Alex isn't looking at the camera the entire time.  He's looking off to the side - the way people do when they look at a phone's screen instead of its lens when being recorded.  

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

New video for "Unbreakable".  This is nitpicking to the highest degree but...

I could not help but notice that Alex isn't looking at the camera the entire time.  He's looking off to the side - the way people do when they look at a phone's screen instead of its lens when being recorded.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wasnt really a fan of the stuff id heard but took a chance on this,its actually quite good first time around,even the above tracks that I wasnt keen on,it is what it is though not mind blowing but im enjoying it.

I gave this a shot this morning and really didn't grab me at all.  

It's okay and the music itself is cool.  But my main issue remains Strandell's vocals.  I've just soured on him for some reason.  I just hear his accent coming through frequently and his annunciation sometimes makes me cringe.  I did kind of like One In A Million and Set Me Free but that's about it.

It's something I should like as the musical style is right in my wheelhouse.  But for me there are plenty of other Euro bands doing this stuff way better and I guess I'd rather just listen to those bands.

Just gave this album a listen and I mostly liked it.  However, the whole thing sounds like the same song over and over.  And, really, sounds like an Art Nation album.  That's not a bad thing but the sameness definitely gets old after awhile.

Any fans of the aforementioned Art Nation and H.E.A.T are gonna get  quite a lot out of this. Nothing groundbreaking style wise, but a good, solid, very enjoyable album all the same.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • My Little Pony

So I know, now, why this wasn't familiar to me. I kept avoiding this thread because of Alex Strandell. Not a fan of his voice; he sounds like he's always struggling. And the Spotifies also kept trying to recommend this to, constantly throwing some of these songs into my playlists. But I would skip them. 

Anyways, I decided to give the album a listen, because it made Dan's top spot. First time through I was impressed. Musically it's great. But on the second playthrough his voice started to irritate me. 

I might add a couple songs to my "Liked" playlist. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So I know, now, why this wasn't familiar to me. I kept avoiding this thread because of Alex Strandell. Not a fan of his voice; he sounds like he's always struggling. And the Spotifies also kept trying to recommend this to, constantly throwing some of these songs into my playlists. But I would skip them. 

Anyways, I decided to give the album a listen, because it made Dan's top spot. First time through I was impressed. Musically it's great. But on the second playthrough his voice started to irritate me. 

it's decent but not one which featured highly for me or that I would return to

11 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Exactly my thoughts.

It's something I should like style-wise and musically it's right in my wheelhouse of tastes.  And there's a couple okay tunes.

But Strandell's voice has grown to annoy me for whatever reason.  He's a fine singer and not sure exactly why he's bothering me but he is.   

I wish Erik Gronwall was the singer on this Crowne project and Strandell was the singer on the New Horizon stuff.  Then this would be awesome and I could completely ignore New Horizon which I'm struggling getting into musically ;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Exactly my thoughts.

It's something I should like style-wise and musically it's right in my wheelhouse of tastes.  And there's a couple okay tunes.

But Strandell's voice has grown to annoy me for whatever reason.  He's a fine singer and not sure exactly why he's bothering me but he is.   

I wish Erik Gronwall was the singer on this Crowne project and Strandell was the singer on the New Horizon stuff.  Then this would be awesome and I could completely ignore New Horizon which I'm struggling getting into musically ;)

your obsession with Erik is kinda creepy ;)

but I have to agree here - if he was singing the songs like Cross to Bear and Make a Stand it would be far far better 

41 minutes ago, Glen said:

your obsession with Erik is kinda creepy ;)

but I have to agree here - if he was singing the songs like Cross to Bear and Make a Stand it would be far far better 

Lol. 

That was just my point though.  I feel like he'd be perfect singing those Crowne tunes and the style of those songs suits my tastes.

This New Horizon stuff really doesn't fit my tastes and Erik feels a bit wasted on that project....At least for me.  Maybe I'll find a few good tunes on it....we'll see.  Haven't gotten into the first 2 singles though.

I suppose I'm still bummed he left HEAT ;)

• 6 months later...

The above video is part of a live EP that Crowne is releasing. 

They also are working on a second studio album. That's great news for me as I absolutely loved the first album. 

As for the video, sure sounds like a ton of, uh, "producing" went on top of the live audio. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...