Jump to content

Crowne (feat. Alex Strandell) - Kings In The North


Stefan
 Share

Recommended Posts

149730458_119501820077506_34955633276352

 

Another announcement over the holidays from Frontiers.

"CROWNE – Another achievement from the label side was to put together this supergroup from the North! Featuring Alex Strandell on vocals (Art Nation), Jona Tee on keyboards (H.E.A.T), Love Magnusson on guitars (Dynazty), John Levén on bass (Europe), and Christian Lundkvist on drums (The Poodles) this record is every bit as good as you may imagine. Actually… better!"

Sounds great!

 

facebook

Edited by Stefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This "should" be good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I was hoping that Love Magnusson would write the songs instead of Alexander Strandell (By the way, why isn't he on the band pic?)

I just don't like Mr.Strandell's hyper modern songwriting that much. The first Art Nation album was great 80's melodic hard rock but then they started to mix it up with symphonic elements, the typical loud noisy modern metal sound, modern pop elements and that's not my cup of tea. 

The song sounds fine to me but wouldn't buy it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2020 at 4:18 AM, Aordave89 said:

Very much looking forward to this one. 

Jona also has a new project called ‘New Horizon’ out late 2021. Heavier than Crowne and H.E.A.T by the sounds of it. 

Any idea who the singer is on that heavier project?  I saw Erik Gronwall post a video of him laying down some pretty heavy vocals on Instagram recently and just wonder if it might be for that project?  

Wish it was Erik on this Crowne project.  I'd think a project like this would be a great way for Erik to still record some music without having to invest too much time and worry about touring or whatever.   I'd like to see Erik Gronwall and Erik Martensson hook up for a project.  Now that would be something!

As for this Crowne thing, it's okay I guess but for whatever reason I'm not a big fan of Alex Strandell's voice.  I don't know exactly why but I gave Art Nation a lot of chances and it just never really won me over.  It's hard to say if it was Alex's voice or the direction the music went though.  I did like a couple tunes on their debut album....Need You To Understand was pretty darn good.

I'll probably still keep my eye on this though to see if anything grabs me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys- If you prefer the more ‘melodic’ side of Alex’s voice, check out the Nitrate album ‘Renegade’ coming later in the year for some ‘Leppard’ influenced 80s melodic rock :headbanger:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically sounds like the second half of Art Nations career. It's "ok" I guess, but I don't know yet, will have to hear more before I buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Any idea who the singer is on that heavier project?  I saw Erik Gronwall post a video of him laying down some pretty heavy vocals on Instagram recently and just wonder if it might be for that project?  

Wish it was Erik on this Crowne project.  I'd think a project like this would be a great way for Erik to still record some music without having to invest too much time and worry about touring or whatever.   I'd like to see Erik Gronwall and Erik Martensson hook up for a project.  Now that would be something!

As for this Crowne thing, it's okay I guess but for whatever reason I'm not a big fan of Alex Strandell's voice.  I don't know exactly why but I gave Art Nation a lot of chances and it just never really won me over.  It's hard to say if it was Alex's voice or the direction the music went though.  I did like a couple tunes on their debut album....Need You To Understand was pretty darn good.

I'll probably still keep my eye on this though to see if anything grabs me.

Sadly I don’t. I must admit when I saw those Erik posts that did spring to mind, but I won’t get my hopes up as chances are it could be coincidence. Both of them have always been in to heavier spectrum so I guess it’s plausible. 

Crowne.. it’s a good song but not quite as strong as I was hoping. Killer solo from Love however (I’d expect nothing less, awesome player). I was a big fan of Alexander’s vocals on the Diamond Dawn and first 2 Art Nation albums but as time goes on I’m not quite as sold. I’m sure it will be a kick ass album, it’s a great line up and anything Jona touches turns to gold - for me at least. Really looking forward to hearing more! 

Edited by Aordave89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, J.S.M said:

I was hoping that Love Magnusson would write the songs instead of Alexander Strandell (By the way, why isn't he on the band pic?)

I just don't like Mr.Strandell's hyper modern songwriting that much. The first Art Nation album was great 80's melodic hard rock but then they started to mix it up with symphonic elements, the typical loud noisy modern metal sound, modern pop elements and that's not my cup of tea. 

The song sounds fine to me but wouldn't buy it...

Looks like Jona handled all guitar parts and Love contributed the guitar solos.. guess that explains why he isn’t in the line up photo. I too would have loved more involvement from Love. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Hi guys- If you prefer the more ‘melodic’ side of Alex’s voice, check out the Nitrate album ‘Renegade’ coming later in the year for some ‘Leppard’ influenced 80s melodic rock :headbanger:

I am looking forward to hearing that one!  I think I liked Art Nation better on their first album than on their later ones and he sounded better with those melodic songs than modern rock sounding songs.

Enjoy what you've done with those Nitrate albums as each album has it's own unique flair.  It's almost like each album is a new project which is pretty interesting as each signer gives the songs a different flair.  

Maybe Erik Gronwall for the 4th Nitrate album!  Or Joe Elliott!!!!  Coming from a huge Leppard fan, I'm not afraid to say your songs are better than a lot of what Leppard has done on their recent albums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Hi guys- If you prefer the more ‘melodic’ side of Alex’s voice, check out the Nitrate album ‘Renegade’ coming later in the year for some ‘Leppard’ influenced 80s melodic rock :headbanger:

You tease us sir  :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

I am looking forward to hearing that one!  I think I liked Art Nation better on their first album than on their later ones and he sounded better with those melodic songs than modern rock sounding songs.

Enjoy what you've done with those Nitrate albums as each album has it's own unique flair.  It's almost like each album is a new project which is pretty interesting as each signer gives the songs a different flair.  

Maybe Erik Gronwall for the 4th Nitrate album!  Or Joe Elliott!!!!  Coming from a huge Leppard fan, I'm not afraid to say your songs are better than a lot of what Leppard has done on their recent albums.

Thanks for the kind words. Just sorting out some videos and a vinyl for this one. I’m also a huge Leppard fan and We’ve tried to get more of that influence over on the latest album. Alex has totally smashed the vocals and the vocal range is off the scale on a couple of the tracks.
 yeah Joe Elliott for number 4. I dont fancy my chances !!! I’ll put the call in 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Thanks for the kind words. Just sorting out some videos and a vinyl for this one. I’m also a huge Leppard fan and We’ve tried to get more of that influence over on the latest album. Alex has totally smashed the vocals and the vocal range is off the scale on a couple of the tracks.
 yeah Joe Elliott for number 4. I dont fancy my chances !!! I’ll put the call in 😂 

Can not wait Nick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That first song is good.  Not great but good.  Chorus could be a little stronger.  I have no doubt the album will be great and it'll be a day one pickup for me, that's for sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Stefan changed the title to Crowne (feat. Alex Strandell) - Kings In The North
  • 3 weeks later...

I like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Man, this just not doing much for me.  The music itself is pretty cool but these songs just aren't interesting me in the least for whatever reason.  I'm not sure if it's wonky titles like Sharoline & Perceval setting me off on a bad foot.  Overall it's mostly just reminding me of the last Art Nation album which also didn't do much for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.