Great TV show Theme songs.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

The first one's pedigree speaks for itself. Written by Steve Plunkett and performed by David Glen Eisley. Unfortunately Stephen Collins fucked up any future residual cheques.

The second one is a classic. Performed by David Pomeranz. I checked out his discography. Very, very light, but nice.

Always loved the third one. The song and the show. Very short lived. I think Brian Keith's death ended it. As it would.

The last one is another great AOR track in it's own right.

Heres some of my favs, going back to the archives to dig these out, these right here are the classics, take notes everybody on how this awesome thread is maneuvered by the TV theme song guru, that's right me, Mr. Dick Fitzwell, MD,

And who could forget 21 Jump Street reject, who's opening sequence was 100 times better then the actual show was?

• Like 1

And did anyone see the 1984 musical Streets Of Fire?? I loved it as a kid, and really enjoy some of the songs in it, though it's not really hard stuff, it's some really decent pop rock kind of stuff, and I'm sure everyone knows one of the songs. on a side note I just busted 3 nuts watching Diane Lane when she was 18, holy fucking shit, my childhood dream.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I'll take this a direction none of you will, with a few anime theme suggestions.

This show wasn't that great, if I recall correctly. The main reason I watched it was for the opening credits. Boom Boom Satellites are one of my favourite bands. 

Cowboy Bebop is a highly acclaimed anime, and is well-known for it's soundtrack. I love the opening theme, though I imagine most here will not. 

One Punch Man is another show that received a lot of praise. A big part of that is that it constantly went against the typical tropes in anime. The theme was dope, too. Kinda sounds like the Japanese version of Åge Sten Nilsen is singing here. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

And did anyone see the 1984 musical Streets Of Fire?? I loved it as a kid, and really enjoy some of the songs in it, though it's not really hard stuff, it's some really decent pop rock kind of stuff, and I'm sure everyone knows one of the songs. on a side note I just busted 3 nuts watching Diane Lane when she was 18, holy fucking shit, my childhood dream.

Yeah, "Streets of Fire" is great. Diane Lane has always been and still is highly fap worthy.

You reminded me of another great mid 80s show starring Stoney Jackson from "Streets of Fire" called "The Insiders". I always remembered the theme song, performed by "Genesis" no less!

The second clip is from a Japanese TV show about the great Chinese Saga "Journey to the West". This show was on everynight after school and was absolute essential viewing for my friends and I when we were 7 or 8 years old. We all had homemade "Monkey Sticks".

The third one needs no explanation. One of the best. Song and show.

Edited by Darkstone

Good shit so far and those anime themes plus 2k others are on endless repeat in my house as my kids are submerged in that arena.

Here are a few that are off the beaten path that I have enjoyed,

First a no brainer and a great (set) show with my man Will Katt

This ones a deeper dive from a great band, The Tories, that no one has heard of, but everyone should adore them. From a TV show no one probably remembers, Jesse starring Christina Applegate.

And the long form version from the album Upside of Down.

Can't have a theme song thread without a nod to Polaris' song Hey Sandy from the brilliant show Pete and Pete.

Normal Life. The Zappa vehicle with Shirley Feeney. :)

Honorary mention to this band skit from the Justin Bateman show Its Your Move. The band, The Dregs of Humanity. This show was awesome btw.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Good shit so far and those anime themes plus 2k others are on endless repeat in my house as my kids are submerged in that arena.

Here are a few that are off the beaten path that I have enjoyed,

First a no brainer and a great (set) show with my man Will Katt

This ones a deeper dive from a great band, The Tories, that no one has heard of, but everyone should adore them. From a TV show no one probably remembers, Jesse starring Christina Applegate.

And the long form version from the album Upside of Down.

Can't have a theme song thread without a nod to Polaris' song Hey Sandy from the brilliant show Pete and Pete.

Normal Life. The Zappa vehicle with Shirley Feeney. :)

Honorary mention to this band skit from the Justin Bateman show Its Your Move. The band, The Dregs of Humanity. This show was awesome btw.

It's hard to listen to "Believe it or Not" without being reminded of the "Costanza" version.

As for the TV show "It's Your Move", yes!!! It was awesome. Starring "Caren Kaye". Fuck me, talk about fap worthy. She starred in a movie just prior called "My Tutor". 80s titty movie excellence. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Is this one the best ever? Possibly?

In fact, the whole soundtrack wasn't too shabby. I used to have it on vinyl. Played the shit out of it. 

On a side note, "You Belong to the City", really makes me wish there were more AOR bands that embraced the saxaphone. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Well, I'm officially in a rabbit hole. I reminded myself of another time "You Belong to the City" featured on another TV show. Possibly my favourite show of all time!!!!

I used to tape every episode religiously. 

There's also a nice little "It's Your Move" connection, which brings things full circle. Just the way I like it.

Here we come,

Walkin down the street 

We get the funniest looks 

Everyone we meet

Hey, hey we're the Monkees

Edited by Doggy

I have too many favorites to post a video for each. :lol:

The Rockford Files

Magnum P.I.

L.A. Law

Hillstreet Blues

S.W.A.T.