Rock Sugar - Shout At The Devil Dog All Night

Captain Howdy

Nice stuff and your right Cap, the kickstarter has options for "coins" that have download codes, cuz they "can't sell the albums in printed media", must be a copyright thing???

Regardless some cool stuff as far as music goes and the kickstarter promo video on the KS page is pretty funny...

I have the first Rock Sugar album around here somewhere...

3 hours ago, martinsane said:

Nice stuff and your right Cap, the kickstarter has options for "coins" that have download codes, cuz they "can't sell the albums in printed media", must be a copyright thing???

Regardless some cool stuff as far as music goes and the kickstarter promo video on the KS page is pretty funny...

I have the first Rock Sugar album around here somewhere...

Nah they can do CD's etc but apparently they asked fans (I never saw them ask) and they said nobody buys CDs anymore, and then received a tonne of people saying why no CDs .. they said they might consider a limited run for a higher premium price down the line, but not gonna hold my breath.

What they cannot do though is sell or stream on traditional platforms (not sure how they get away with it on YouTube then) due to Steve Perry (although they never mention him by name) suing them as he does not believe Jess was able to perform his vocals and believes they sampled him.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Thought the new song was kind of a mess, a bit all over the place.
A few more listens will hopefully fix that.

I thought the same thing; waaaaay too “busy”. Could’ve been superb if they’d kept it just Tears For Fears and Crue. 

Great to see them back...be nice to get a cd if it appears,but if so we'll have to get in fast...the first disc sold/sells for quite a fee...glad I grabbed it upon release...this one will probably go the same way...even more so if it releases as limited as I'm picking up on.

• 9 months later...

Anyone heard this 'ReInventinator' rubbish yet? Thoughts?

My two cents, because you asked-

I imagine that listening to this would be like watching your child score top of their class all through school and then complete, for example, a law degree and be fully qualified to be a lawyer, or whatever dream they had... yet, they decided that they'd rather see out the rest of their days taking drive-thru orders at the local McDonalds. 

Because Loud N' Clear were a fantastic band and it's all but guaranteed that if they were still recording music, they'd be recording excellent music. Music that would genuinely leave an impression in people's top 10 lists at the end of years when they released music. 

BUT! Instead, they're still active, creating absolute garbage. I honestly just do not understand the time that they would dedicate to this, when they could be dedicating it to recording their own music that they could write, record and be proud of. Show their kids and say, hey son and daughter, this is what daddy did. 

Instead- Here, son, this is what a bunch of other artists did and we took it and we fucked it all up into a mess that's got enough appeal to maybe get a handful of people to listen once, but never again. In other words, we wasted all our time creating a muck of shit, instead of creating our own good music. 

Just annoys me, to be completely honest.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I might not ever hear this one even though really liking the first. Refuse to pay premium price for a digital album. Oh well, sounds like I may not be missing much!

I've heard this album a couple of times.
They've done some weird stuff with it.
It's blended really well - too well.
To the point that the mashups become their own songs.
Personally I find the fun in switching back and forth like the first album.
This one is good, easy to listen to and play in the background.
Bit weird that they put Nirvana in the mix.
I know they use other pop bands etc, but Nirvana seems a step too far lol

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Discconnected is amazing

Everything Loud N' Clear has recorded is amazing. 

I tell you what these guys should be going. Their debut is absolutely sensational, but it sounds like it was recorded with tins and cardboard boxes in a garage. 

Can they not put aside a few hours one week and just re-record the entire debut album with a current production job? That one simple task would be the greatest gift that any fan of these guys could ever receive. 

And the beauty of it is it's fulfilling their current desire not to record new material as well. 

Can someone close to them please make this happen next week? Thanks. 

On 9/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, Geoff said:

Everything Loud N' Clear has recorded is amazing. 

I tell you what these guys should be going. Their debut is absolutely sensational, but it sounds like it was recorded with tins and cardboard boxes in a garage. 

Can they not put aside a few hours one week and just re-record the entire debut album with a current production job? That one simple task would be the greatest gift that any fan of these guys could ever receive. 

And the beauty of it is it's fulfilling their current desire not to record new material as well. 

Can someone close to them please make this happen next week? Thanks. 

I agree. Disconnected was a great disc.