Sunstorm - Afterlife

Stefan

Is Jürgen Blackmore in the band?

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Sunstorm announced on Facebook they will have a new lead singer for this album. Joe Lynn Turner will not be handling the duties. 

Hmmm, interesting. They're big shoes to fill.

• Like 1

sunstorm_cdcsqauc8uqijzx.jpg

From Frontiers:

SUNSTORM, a project originally designed to showcase a musical style similar to singer Joe Lynn Turner’s Melodic Rock/AOR roots, now has a new face fronting the band in the form of Lords of Black and Rainbow singer Ronnie Romero. Romero’s debut album with Sunstorm, “Afterlife” will be released on March 12, 2021.
In discussions with producer and songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio, it was decided that moving the musical style of the next Sunstorm album to the more melodic AOR sound of the first records was what everyone wanted. But with Turner out of the picture, who to replace the formidable vocalist?
Ronnie’s name came about when the label decided that continuing the successful project was a must and that the music being crafted would put it back at the forefront of the scene….assuming the right vocalist was involved. And who better than Romero with his powerful vocal style?
With producer Alessandro Del Vecchio handling the songwriting, the new Sunstorm album will catch many in the melodic rock fanbase by surprise. For the first time, the amazing Ronnie Romero enters into melodic hard rock territory…and with outstanding results!

1.    Afterlife
2.    One Step Closet
3.    Swan Song
4.    Born Again
5.    Stronger
6.    I Found A Way
7.    Lost Forever
8.    Far From Over
9.    Here For You Tonight
10.    Darkest Night
11.    A Story That You Can Tell

Line-up:
Ronnie Romero – Vocals
Simone Mularoni – Guitars
Alessandro Del Vecchio – Keyboards, backing vocals
Nik Mazzucconi – Bass
Michele Sanna – Drums

This is the most Frontiers thing ever.

1. Create a studio project featuring a legendary singer; everyone buys it because the vocals bring nostalgia

2. Replace the singer after 15 years but keep the name of the project because monies!!!!1

3. Hit up one of your in-house producers who has already written for 50 of your other studio projects

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 7:40 AM, Eric3 said:

This is the most Frontiers thing ever.

1. Create a studio project featuring a legendary singer; everyone buys it because the vocals bring nostalgia

2. Replace the singer after 15 years but keep the name of the project because monies!!!!1

3. Hit up one of your in-house producers who has already written for 50 of your other studio projects

4. Get pissy with every single person that complains.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

This has turned in to another one of those Frontiers projects with go-to-guys ADV and now Ronnie Romero. It’s not the worst thing I’ve heard but not for me, bang average. No JLT no Sunstorm. 

• Like 1

Holy shit does that dude sound like the current lead singer for Gotthard - I thought it was him. 

I've always liked this project - I have enjoyed every album so far. I never really thought too much about it, but wasn't this pretty much an entire project built around Joe Lynn Turner? Isn't he the whole point of the thing - the only constant, thus far? 

New song sounds average and if it's a album full of that I'll pass. Seems completely illogical in every single way why this would still be called Sunstorm. :(

R.I.P. Sunstorm. :(

Just now, Ponen said:

How I wish I don't see this name Alessandro Del Veechio, in any Melodic rock releases this year. 

lol, don't be that way, mate. You know there's only one way for that to be possible and no one wants that. 

But I agree - and I genuinely don't mean any disrespect to the guy, but sadly don't know how to say it without it sounding disrespectful, but - I don't think he's doing "our music" many favours by putting different voices on the continuously same project. :(

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Holy shit does that dude sound like the current lead singer for Gotthard - I thought it was him. 

Yeah he sings for Core Leoni , the Gotthard guitarists project...that play classic Gotthard tracks  :)

1 minute ago, lettard said:

Yeah he sings for Core Leoni , the Gotthard guitarists project...that play classic Gotthard tracks  :)

Yeah, I did see that when I did the Googles - certainly a perfect fit for that project. Not so much for this one. ;)

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I did see that when I did the Googles - certainly a perfect fit for that project. Not so much for this one. ;)

Aye i'd agree with that wholeheartedly :drink: