Rock Boulevard

Delbert

Back in 1990 we saw the release of the Nevada band ROCK BOULEVARD's "Self Titled" CD that became a collectors crown jewel.  Fast forward to 2020 ...... METALLIC BlUE RECORDS has released a new CD by the band titled "Stand And Fight"  which consists of tracks recorded in 1988-89 prior to their debut CD.   You read that right.....another full length ROCK BOULEVARD album with all new songs that has sat in a can all these years waiting to be rediscovered.   My hands were shaking and my heart fluttering with excitement when I received my advance copy.   When I pressed play on my CD player, I wasn't disappointed and the excitement was absolutely worthwhile......On this new 10 track release, vocals duties on seven tracks are handled by Jeff Kerr and the final three tracks feature Deland Voth's vocals.  There have been some lineup changes here and there......as a result, some fresh new sounds are part of the experience.  On several tracks, the listener is taken down some new melodic rock paths filled with keyboards and melodious layered songs that drive true melodic rock fans wild...  then swiftly taking you along another road filled with wild and crazy hair metal leaving you dizzy with delight.  The intitial style blends melodic hard rock that sounds more like US Westcoast melodic hard rock in the RATT school with a BON JOVI influence.  The remainder comes off in the vein of a more melodic SKID ROW (debut), with a touch of SILENT RAGE, LILLIAN AXE(early), JILLSON and LANCIA.   All of it with a top notch production, great backup vocals and excellent guitar work.  A huge thumbs up to Metallic Blue Records for making this one available after all these many years.   This is a "huge" release.  Along with the newly discovered material,  I was extremely impressed with the extensive liner notes, band history and photos compiled with this CD.  The liner notes alone separate an impressive release from an otherwise ordinary one.   Oh, and I should add, like all Metallic Blue Label releases, this is silver pressed and not a CD-R as is the case with many independant labels these days.    Although recorded prior to the debut, this is a worthy essential to add to your collection.   I should not fail to mention that the highly collectable self titled ROCK BOULEVARD, now titled "I Got What You Want, is also now available from Metallic Blue Records with 2 bonus tracks.   Another quality release that is silver pressed and contains an excellent 12 page booklet filled with band history and photos.   Don't wait till it's too late, get both of these great releases while they are available.   Surely they will become collectors items in the future.

Front Cover.jpg

I GOT WHAT YOU WANT.JPG