Should the political/COVID discussions be allowed to continue?

heavyharmonies

Should political/COVID discussion be allowed to continue here at HH?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a NON-public poll, meaning that people cannot see your responses, because I want people to feel comfortable with answering honestly.

I just want to get a feel for the community's take on some of the rancorous discussion going on.

Thanks!

-Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

When people start editing your quotes

I did that as an absolute one off for a laugh. Don't be such a sensitive puppy.

Although, it is quite a serious offence that IMO warrants a warning point. It's the only way I'll learn......... Dan?

13 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Although, it is quite a serious offence that IMO warrants a warning point. It's the only way I'll learn......... Dan?

:baneed:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I wasn't referring to yours. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

People WANT warning points? #2021crazy

Maybe I should make forum warning points an incentive during the donation drive... I'll make literally TENS of dollars! :lol:

Are you kidding? Those warning points are highly sought after. 

Forget the DD icons, a warning point would be a true badge of honor, but as I've mentioned before, if Cody can't get one, then there's no chance for the rest of us.

• My Little Pony
On 2/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, AlphaMale said:

When people start editing your quotes and making you sound like you're editing the quote, it's time to pull the plug IMO.

Well, nobody can ever edit your post. They can misquote you, sure, but all you have to do is scroll up to read the original. The only person who can alter your post is yourself. Or maybe Dan. Does Dan have that power? 

In any case, I don't see how that should give reason to remove political discussion. 

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
43 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yep. Since the Biden administration entered office, that's the new way. :lol:

As long as the illegals vote the way that I want them to then I'm fine with it.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I don't think we should curtail topics speaking as a newbie. But, I might avoid certain topics anyway. When it comes down to it, everyone here has more in common, like hating the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame and thinking hip-hop is a waste of space.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, auslander said:

I don't think we should curtail topics speaking as a newbie. But, I might avoid certain topics anyway. When it comes down to it, everyone here has more in common, like hating the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame and thinking hip-hop is a waste of space.

Hip Hop is not a waste of space. 

Yep. He's completely independent, not beholden to any label or sponsors, so he doesn't have to tread any line with respect to his opinions. Not having to depend on 3rd parties means he can't be canceled. His girlfriend Nova does all the video work.

The video "Dear Slim" he dropped a few weeks back was epic. He purchased an Eminem-produced beat at auction for $100,000 and everyone assumed he would use it to slam Eminem because they are polar opposites politically. Eminem fans, aka "stans" were just all up in arms going apeshit. Tom drops the video and what was it? A tribute to Eminem thanking him for his music getting Tom through tough times when he was younger, dealing with addiction, bullying, etc. That's meta AF... buy someone's work and then use it as a thank you to them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, nyoilers said:

I'm still trying to figure out how 20 people voted yet the running total is 13 to 5.

Do we have illegals voting ??

As we say here in Chicago, "vote early and often!"

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, Glen said:

quite happy for people to discuss whatever they want but the threads are v dull now and I won't participate anymore. 

My posts can liven up any thread !