Covid Vaccine. Yes or no?

Darkstone

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Would you take it? 

Just a yes or no will suffice. No need to explain or defend yourself. 

Personally for me, it's a hard NO.

with no side effects and 95% success rate. 

odd.

I thought with trump plugging it you'd take them all no questions asked.

And some disinfectant too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I'm actually quite concerned about this now. I absolutely do not want to take the vaccine, but talk of "vaccine passports" or "cerificates" is a worry.

I don't travel overseas and I haven't got the biggest social life in the world, but my main concern is my work. I have a great boss who would never force me to be vaccinated, but I work for a commercial builder and we do quite a lot of Government work. As it is, sometimes Police checks and working with children permits are required. I see no reason to think that proof of vaccination will not be required in the future. 

I really don't know what I'll do.

3 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I'm actually quite concerned about this now. I absolutely do not want to take the vaccine, but talk of "vaccine passports" or "cerificates" is a worry.

I don't travel overseas and I haven't got the biggest social life in the world, but my main concern is my work. I have a great boss who would never force me to be vaccinated, but I work for a commercial builder and we do quite a lot of Government work. As it is, sometimes Police checks and working with children permits are required. I see no reason to think that proof of vaccination will not be required in the future. 

I really don't know what I'll do.

why would you not take it when over 3000 people are dying a day in your country?

even if you are not concerned about your risk of dying you could catch it and pass it to others causing their death.

lol, exactly sero people are dying from covid in our country.

Last death was probably over a month ago.
Only cases now really are returning travellers.

But that doesn't make us immune, the vaccine will do that :)

Yep, as an Australian, it is hard to relate to a lot of what is going on in the world at the moment. 

Like I've said elsewhere, I just quit all news earlier this year. I know things are happening around the world, and we had our little lockdowns and stuff here for a few months in NSW, but I haven't had any experience, or known anyone who has dealt with covid-19 personally.

Apart from Cody here on the forum, in the US. 

But personally, in human terms, it hasn't been a thing here. People on this forum talk about masks like it's a given to be wearing one - I never wore a mask once in 2020 and don't plan to. I know we are extremely lucky here in Australia and I'm very grateful for that, and it makes it very hard to comment on the whole thing as it's not what it is in other parts of the world what it is over here. 

I wouldn't get a vaccine unless it seemed necessary, and at this point, that might only be if it prevented me travelling overseas. But when will overseas travel recommence, for holidays? That could be five years away or more. Who knows? And who knows what a vaccine and it's impact has by then? Who the fucks knows any of it at all at the moment? All I know is the world looks fucked for any foreseeable future that I can tell, so I'll just keep doing what I do and wait it out... I guess? 

47 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yep, as an Australian, it is hard to relate to a lot of what is going on in the world at the moment. 

Like I've said elsewhere, I just quit all news earlier this year. I know things are happening around the world, and we had our little lockdowns and stuff here for a few months in NSW, but I haven't had any experience, or known anyone who has dealt with covid-19 personally.

Apart from Cody here on the forum, in the US. 

But personally, in human terms, it hasn't been a thing here. People on this forum talk about masks like it's a given to be wearing one - I never wore a mask once in 2020 and don't plan to. I know we are extremely lucky here in Australia and I'm very grateful for that, and it makes it very hard to comment on the whole thing as it's not what it is in other parts of the world what it is over here. 

I wouldn't get a vaccine unless it seemed necessary, and at this point, that might only be if it prevented me travelling overseas. But when will overseas travel recommence, for holidays? That could be five years away or more. Who knows? And who knows what a vaccine and it's impact has by then? Who the fucks knows any of it at all at the moment? All I know is the world looks fucked for any foreseeable future that I can tell, so I'll just keep doing what I do and wait it out... I guess? 

UK still on 500 deaths a day. Can't come soon enough here.

also 5 years is v pessimistic. If the vaccine actually works and people take it we could be looking at a year tops.

need to be as I've got serious gig cold turkey !!!!

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

UK still on 500 deaths a day. Can't come soon enough here.

also 5 years is v pessimistic. If the vaccine actually works and people take it we could be looking at a year tops.

need to be as I've got serious gig cold turkey !!!!

A year before everyone's travelling the globe like we used to? Call me pessimistic if you must, but I just don't see it. Don't see it at all. But, you watch the news and I don't so I'm probably the last to make such guesses. 

I have family and friends, and even my wife, who say they won't travel overseas anytime soon, even if/when we can. I'd personally travel tomorrow, but I can't help feeling my wife and others I've heard are not lonely opinions. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

A year before everyone's travelling the globe like we used to? Call me pessimistic if you must, but I just don't see it. Don't see it at all. But, you watch the news and I don't so I'm probably the last to make such guesses. 

I have family and friends, and even my wife, who say they won't travel overseas anytime soon, even if/when we can. I'd personally travel tomorrow, but I can't help feeling my wife and others I've heard are not lonely opinions. 

well someone I know saw projections for the planned NHS vaccination and the height is May 2021.

By June 2021 the plan is to have everyone done down to the age of 16. 

so yeah provided it's effective I don't think by the end of next year is unreasonable. 

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

well someone I know saw projections for the planned NHS vaccination and the height is May 2021.

By June 2021 the plan is to have everyone done down to the age of 16. 

so yeah provided it's effective I don't think by the end of next year is unreasonable. 

Like I say, I don't follow stuff and that's how I roll. But I am curious about stuff. All our travels have been to the South Pacific and South East Asia. For better or worse, it's what we can afford and co-incidentally, it's what we love. So it's a win-win situation. But I'm curious - are the vaccines going to be rolled out to the villages of Cook Islands, Niue, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Vietnam, the islands of Thailand and the Philippines etc. like they will be elsewhere? Is that how it's all going to go down? Legit question. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Like I say, I don't follow stuff and that's how I roll. But I am curious about stuff. All our travels have been to the South Pacific and South East Asia. For better or worse, it's what we can afford and co-incidentally, it's what we love. So it's a win-win situation. But I'm curious - are the vaccines going to be rolled out to the villages of Cook Islands, Niue, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Vietnam, the islands of Thailand and the Philippines etc. like they will be elsewhere? Is that how it's all going to go down? Legit question. 

well i was only talking about the UK and the logitical issue with Pfizer is it needs to be kept at -70 degrees and only survives for a few days out of storage- its also bloody expensive per shot (not that anyone pays except the government)

BUT the Oxford vaccine should be approved soon and that is much easier to store and distribute and lasts for one month in a fridge. it's also v cheap to mass produce and I think the idea is that would be widely distributed to poorly areas of the world.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

well i was only talking about the UK and the logitical issue with Pfizer is it needs to be kept at -70 degrees and only survives for a few days out of storage- its also bloody expensive per shot (not that anyone pays except the government)

BUT the Oxford vaccine should be approved soon and that is much easier to store and distribute and lasts for one month in a fridge. it's also v cheap to mass produce and I think the idea is that would be widely distributed to poorly areas of the world.

Cool, well I'll hope it all plays out well, but I remain skeptical. Sadly. But I hope you're right and we're all back at it soon. The stories I hear about pilots, though... can't help but wonder what state the aviation industry will be in if and when it gets going again. I was speaking to someone yesterday and he was telling me about his pilot friends who were on six figure salaries who are now packing boxes at the local supermarket because if you're a pilot you obviously can't just go out and become an accountant or high roller. They're pilots. So these guys are suddenly on $50K salaries with families and mortgages that rely on their six figure salaries. And obviously this is not a singular issue. I still wonder how it's all going to look even if and when we can technically "go back to normal." Can't see much about it being a smooth and easy transition.   

FUCK NO! i got my popcorn and drink to sit and watch the show, we outta get a deadpool going, how many people u think the vaccines gonna kill? LOL, I just got called a racist for calling the chinese virus the chinese virus, by some liberal snowflake cunt, probably a fuzz bumper, I said RACIST means you hate someone cause of their race, not cause you called a virus from china by it's its home of origin name, you fucking shlock, so she reported me, right on que, like a good little rug doctor, I am at my wits end with these fucking commies, and 2 more days then I get to leave my fucking house finally!! good thing I'm about ready to kill someone.

• Haha 1

I think most of the richer countries will have vaccinated the majority of their populace by the end of 2021 but I would not expect that to be the case with the rest of the world.....maybe by the end of 2022 .... but I expect that the virus will be with us in some form permanently and hopefully they will require people to prove vaccination before being allowed on airplanes....

I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. It is in 6 different stages and I received my first dose this morning at 06:20 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it is safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо. Komrade.

• Haha 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

FUCK NO! i got my popcorn and drink to sit and watch the show, we outta get a deadpool going, how many people u think the vaccines gonna kill? LOL, I just got called a racist for calling the chinese virus the chinese virus, by some liberal snowflake cunt, probably a fuzz bumper, I said RACIST means you hate someone cause of their race, not cause you called a virus from china by it's its home of origin name, you fucking shlock, so she reported me, right on que, like a good little rug doctor, I am at my wits end with these fucking commies, and 2 more days then I get to leave my fucking house finally!! good thing I'm about ready to kill someone.

You should have pointed out to her that the term "Chinese", refers to Nationality not Race.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

You should have pointed out to her that the term "Chinese", refers to Nationality not Race.

Yeah then I told her I'm a slope myself, so her calling me xenophobic is alot like the irony of dave chappelles skit the black white supremacist, she went on to post a bunch of links about how "the Japanese aren't racist against the chinese or anything are they" it's hard for me to get worked up over this bitch cause she's just so fucking stupid, but if I keep fucking with her she's gonna lure me right into FB jail, and I cant get any more before the end of the year or their going to ban my account and kick me off, bitches like these are like heroin of the internet, I cant stop myself from continuing to just annihilate her, then im gonna ask her out, liberal chicks love to fuck, as long as you get out the second your done and you dont have to listen to anything like their vies and opinions.

I wonder how the whole covid thing is going to really change day to day life.
Will people tracel less? and for how long?
What will they spend their travel money on?

There is a large amount of people in younger age groupd who will have been forced out of their partying ways prematurely.
Not being able to go out drinking will have allowed them to take up other interests and possibly see the routineness of the party lifestyle and decide to wind it all back a bit. Will they put their energies in more constructive areas?

Will uber eats continue to have massive growth, or will it slide back considerable?

Will cash remain relevant? Older people have had to learn how to actually use their bank cqards for payments. They have had to learn some internet banking rather than paying bills at the post office.
How will a cashless sociey affect tax evasions etc?

Will online shopping continue to grow, and will shopping centres continue to slide?

etc
etc

3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I wonder how the whole covid thing is going to really change day to day life.
Will people tracel less? and for how long?
What will they spend their travel money on?

There is a large amount of people in younger age groupd who will have been forced out of their partying ways prematurely.
Not being able to go out drinking will have allowed them to take up other interests and possibly see the routineness of the party lifestyle and decide to wind it all back a bit. Will they put their energies in more constructive areas?

Will uber eats continue to have massive growth, or will it slide back considerable?

Will cash remain relevant? Older people have had to learn how to actually use their bank cqards for payments. They have had to learn some internet banking rather than paying bills at the post office.
How will a cashless sociey affect tax evasions etc?

Will online shopping continue to grow, and will shopping centres continue to slide?

etc
etc

I think the biggest factor is definitely worldwide travel and what will happen there. That's the main thing I can't figure out - if and how it'll ever get back to anything like we've known it to be for our whole lives. 

As for the other stuff - young people will get back to partying as soon as they can - no doubt about it. I suspect most have not really stopped completely as much as they should have anyway. 

Stuff like Uber Eats will have no doubt had a surge in growth and stuff like that will always have big appeal... but I also think people will be getting back out there eating out as soon as they can. Again, anytime I've gone anywhere in the last few months there's as many people out as there possibly can be. 

We were always on a one way road to becoming cashless anyway, and yeah, this may have just sped it up. 

Again, online shopping and movies and music etc. was only ever going one way anyway - even working remotely, from home etc. It was all inevitable, and all this has all done is just speed up the inevitable a tad, imo. 

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I think the biggest factor is definitely worldwide travel and what will happen there. That's the main thing I can't figure out - if and how it'll ever get back to anything like we've known it to be for our whole lives. 

As for the other stuff - young people will get back to partying as soon as they can - no doubt about it. I suspect most have not really stopped completely as much as they should have anyway. 

Stuff like Uber Eats will have no doubt had a surge in growth and stuff like that will always have big appeal... but I also think people will be getting back out there eating out as soon as they can. Again, anytime I've gone anywhere in the last few months there's as many people out as there possibly can be. 

We were always on a one way road to becoming cashless anyway, and yeah, this may have just sped it up. 

Again, online shopping and movies and music etc. was only ever going one way anyway - even working remotely, from home etc. It was all inevitable, and all this has all done is just speed up the inevitable a tad, imo. 

Agree with most of that.
Travel will be interesting.
I'm biting at the bit to get OS for business.
Personal travel for me, will be better with less idiot tourists around :)

As for kids partying, I have 6 aged between 19 and 24.
5 girls, 1 boy
Some of the girls were never into the party thing, but my son was out partying hard, and since covid, has devoted a lot of time into his business which is thriving, so he will come out very different.
Possibly not primarily because of covid, but it sure helped him make some serious (good) changes to his lifestyle.

For me at around his age (23), my firends had kinda stopped partying and it became a real pain to organise nights out. ou know, land lines, answeing machines, getting parents to drop you off because you'd had drins already etc
These days, it's just a matter of dopping a message in a Facebook group and you have a bunch of people on board.
So it was harder for him to wind it all back and get real with life, if you know what I mean.
But yeah, 17 and 18 year olds will just follow the standard path once we are back to normal I guess.

As soon as this virus is behind us the travel industry will recover quickly and be back stronger than ever...the online stuff will recede somewhat as people get out of the house regularly....remote working will recede as well as most companies don't trust their employees to work unsupervised....I don't see a cashless society anytime soon, too much of a radical change for many people....the kids stopped partying!!! next you'll tell me the world stopped spinning too...:lol: