Jump to content

Vaccine. Yes or no?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

 

Meh.
may as well fight against enforcement of seat belts, or not being allowed to carry guns.
Sometimes people have to be ordered to do what is known to be safe to protect themselves and others.

Not looking for a debate into guns or the effectiveness /consequences of vaccines.
Simply, IMO, there is a vast greater good for accepting them compared to the rare complications.
covid vaccine is the same, tried and tested, safe, and I'm happy if people are obligated to get it to go about their normal lives.

Yeah, if the vaccine is tested, safe and actual works then people should take it...it's not as if you are only hurting yourself by not taking it, if that was the case then I would not care, just like euthanasia, if you want to die I won't stand in your way but you have no right to kill others because of your selfishness....liberty does have some limitations otherwise there would be no laws at all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd have no problem taking them. This disease can be nasty.  Just because people survive it doesn't mean they aren't having issues.  I know a couple people personally that had it and are having i

Yes once it has proven effective and been tested by all the people who will be first in line....I figure 3-6 months after the vaccinations start....

No, a virus with a 99% success rate if you're healthy ... i'll pass.

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, Dead Planet said:

Yes once it has proven effective and been tested by all the people who will be first in line....I figure 3-6 months after the vaccinations start....

 I'll request a 3ple dose for my 3 hands. 

 

It's 95% effective. Are you also using statistics when gambling/betting or when getting in car/using other means of transport, eating red meat/drinking coffee/alcohol/drugs/Epogen/smoking Cohibas or  Arturo Fuentes?  :P

Edited by kourosofsteel3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, Dead Planet said:

Well here is one possible side effect that I would not want...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-vaccine-bells-palsy/

ye gods. Read the instructions on paracetamol- you can basically catch every disease known from taking it - has that stopped you? 

No. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears some people don't want to hear about possible side effects of the vaccines as it may undermine their confidence in big pharma and the vaccines....everyone will have to decide for themselves whether they will take the vaccine and the more info they have the better IMO....as for Bells Palsy, I'd never even heard of it before but it seems that those who blindly support the vaccines think that 1 in 5000 people getting it is normal....this particular side effect is concerning....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

It appears some people don't want to hear about possible side effects of the vaccines as it may undermine their confidence in big pharma and the vaccines....everyone will have to decide for themselves whether they will take the vaccine and the more info they have the better IMO....as for Bells Palsy, I'd never even heard of it before but it seems that those who blindly support the vaccines think that 1 in 5000 people getting it is normal....this particular side effect is concerning....

actually 1-4 in 10,000 is normal. Stop scaremongering- it's mainly caused by diabetes & pregnancy. The fact it's caused by diabetes would lead me to think it's more prevalent in the US bearing in mind nearly 10% of the population suffer with diabetes !!

Go figure eh. 

if people are so conceded about bells Palsy sort your bloody diet out instead of worrying about vaccines 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Yes, I agree 100% that all medications have possible side effects. As Glen pointed out, even relatively harmless drugs like Paracetamol, Aspirin, etc.

The big difference is that their side effects are KNOWN and were discovered after many years of rigorous trials and testing.

I know we don't have the luxury of time with this virus, but that still doesn't discount the fact that it's a big risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Glen said:

actually 1-4 in 10,000 is normal. Stop scaremongering- it's mainly caused by diabetes & pregnancy. The fact it's caused by diabetes would lead me to think it's more prevalent in the US bearing in mind nearly 10% of the population suffer with diabetes !!

Go figure eh. 

if people are so conceded about bells Palsy sort your bloody diet out instead of worrying about vaccines 

 

The more information people have the better...if that is scaremongering then so be it...as more people get the vaccine more info will come out about any issues and I will be paying attention...you are welcome to ignore that info...

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

The more information people have the better...if that is scaremongering then so be it...as more people get the vaccine more info will come out about any issues and I will be paying attention...you are welcome to ignore that info...

I'm not ignoring the info just pointing out that your chances of developing bells palsy is far greater if your diet is poor but no one seems to give a shit about that.

keep worrying about the safely trialled vaccine though ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm not ignoring the info just pointing out that your chances of developing bells palsy is far greater if your diet is poor but no one seems to give a shit about that.

keep worrying about the safely trialled vaccine though ;)

 

If this Bells palsy issue is the only one 6 months from now , it will not prevent me from getting the vaccine....but I think we all need to pay attention to what is going on because burying our heads in the sand and trusting big pharma and politicians is not wise...

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this a Trump/Biden thing?
Seems the Trump fans are anti vax and Biden are pro.

Anyway, I won't rush to get the vaccine, but I'm fortunate in that I don't have to.
If shit gets worse, I'll be first in line.
And if by getting it I get to travel, I'll be first in line.
Otherwise I'll just wait my turn...

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

So is this a Trump/Biden thing?
Seems the Trump fans are anti vax and Biden are pro.

Anyway, I won't rush to get the vaccine, but I'm fortunate in that I don't have to.
If shit gets worse, I'll be first in line.
And if by getting it I get to travel, I'll be first in line.
Otherwise I'll just wait my turn...

not a Trump / Biden thing. what on earth is taking a vaccine to do with left or right lol.

plus trump is promoting the vaccine isn't he?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

So is this a Trump/Biden thing?
Seems the Trump fans are anti vax and Biden are pro.

Where did you get that idea?

My boss is foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump and she doesn't want the vaccine until it has a proven track record. My mother is died-in-the-wool vote blue and she wants nothing to do with the vaccine for at least 6 months.

Nothing to do with political ideology.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Where did you get that idea?

My boss is foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump and she doesn't want the vaccine until it has a proven track record. My mother is died-in-the-wool vote blue and she wants nothing to do with the vaccine for at least 6 months.

Nothing to do with political ideology.

From all of the polls that I've seen pretty much say that democrats are more apt to take the vaccine than republicans.Regardless by the time it gets down to us common folk it'll be 6 months and we'll know pretty much its track record so your mother and boss will be be covered in that aspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're projecting the political ideology aspect of this. There doesn't appear to be a statistically significant correlation between politics and vaccine acceptance, outside of people with agendas WANTING there to be a correlation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I think you're projecting the political ideology aspect of this. There doesn't appear to be a statistically significant correlation between politics and vaccine acceptance, outside of people with agendas WANTING there to be a correlation.

lol,
this comment was received exactly as I thought it would be.
I mean I have noticed here that Trumpers tend to me more antio and Bidenites more pro.

It is a vague observation, but really just a bit of fun.
Carry on :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
23 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

lol,
this comment was received exactly as I thought it would be.
I mean I have noticed here that Trumpers tend to me more antio and Bidenites more pro.

It is a vague observation, but really just a bit of fun.
Carry on :)

I don't see it.

I felt that when it came to Trump/Biden, the board was split pretty much down the middle.

With the vaccine however, I've noticed more of us are Anti vax than Pro vax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I don't see it.

I felt that when it came to Trump/Biden, the board was split pretty much down the middle.

With the vaccine however, I've noticed more of us are Anti vax than Pro vax.

I have seen the 'polls' about Republicans being less apt to take the vaccine than Democrats but polls are pretty much useless these days....is it possible? maybe....since the Trump administration has been pro doctors and science one minute and then shits on them the next, it is possible that some Trump supporters are suspicious of the vaccine...but once they are actually offered the vaccine I think reality will sink in and many will take it making any statistical difference between Dems and Reps meaningless...

Personally I'm in the undecided category.....

Edited by Dead Planet
.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • The media will do what it has always done....it will switch to whatever president/party is in power and go after them at every opportunity....people have short memories, they went after Bill Clinton and the Dems without mercy over his sexcapades.... although Trump has set the bar considerably lower (underground) as to what constitutes bad/stupid behaviour so we will have to see how long it takes for the mainstream media to forget about Trump.... actually since Trump isn't really going away and will be telling anyone who listens that he will be the Republican candidate in 2024, the Dems may be looked upon with relief/favor for quite some time.... As for the Dems having their way in the 3 houses...I expect them to tear themselves apart at the seams with the progressives (regressives) fighting the moderates and getting very little of substance done, heck they may have to get moderate Republicans to work with them!!....just like the Reps in their first 2 years with Trump, they should have done a lot more but ended up fighting amongst themselves....
    • Ya know buddy, I will be honest with you, i was experimenting with substances in this frame of my life, and I dont remember the music because it was a jr high party and they only listened to shit then, I wasnt lucky where I gota go to partys in the 80s, Rap was becoming prolific, I remember sitting tripping on Acid at this one party in high school and I started feeling violent because every fucking party I went to they were all playing the same fucking 2pac cd, and it really begin to eat at me, and as the acid kicked in I stood up and walked over to the cd changer, and i was well fucking tripping, i couldnt figure out where the stop button was, i just started pushing them all, nothing was happening, and i thought people were starting to look at me, and see i couldnt figure this out, i lost my shit and just grabbed the fucker off the shelf and walked to the window and threw it down into the driveway, music was still playing, 2pac, I dont remember alot but I remember being restrained in a bedroom by some seniors waiting on my fellow baseball teammates to show up and retrieve me, I was suspended for 3 games so I just quit baseball, fuck em, I guess from what the girl I was frying with told me, I threw their changer out and busted it into pieces, the 2pac was coming from a sony discman they had plugged into the amp, that wouldve been much cheaper to replace, point is, if some fucking Venom, or Suicidal wouldve been playing, I probably wouldve had a good party, btw, all I remember about losing my virginity, was being ultra paranoid someone was gonna walk in, putting my junk in, and not even getting 5 full pumps off before I busted, then not wanting to look at the chick again, not at school, especially not there, if you guys were into the music playing your a much better man then I.
    • That's the problem with the Dems winning all 3 branches: if things don't go exactly to plan, there's no one for the media to scapegoat, unless they go back to Hillary's "vast rightwing conspiracy" mantra. We may see the ultra-left-wing progressives like AOC, Omar, and Bernie cannibalizing the moderates. There have already been hints of it around the edges, but without the Bad Orange Man to blame for everything including global warming and tooth decay, what are they going to do?
    • Max Cruise is the synthwave project of Austrailian multi-instrumentalist Benjamin Harrison.  
    • That Bad Wolves album is awesome.. shame Tommy Vext is no longer the vocalist. New album is pretty much wrote and ready to be recorded whenever they replace him. 
    • I think the debut is their weakest album añd Invincible is their weakest lead track, albeit v good. Walk away & Watch the Fire are better tho imo.  However just to clarify I would rate all 3 albums at least 85-90%  super consistent band. I also love the 2 singles so far - they would both rank in the top 20-30 songs I heard in 2020. in fact this has me interested now and I haven't properly rated an album for ages so I might later and see how it pans out.  debut will prob come out on top now lol. I think they all will be close 
    • Also, will be interesting to see how the US mdia handles the new president. They've kinda set him up as the saint vs Trumps sinner. Will he continue to get a hall pass on scrutiny? Or will they need someone else to savage, so just swap to him?
    • I've been binging on Below Deck. Far more entertaining. I mean your reality political show was entertaining for a while, but then it got very sooky. I'm no big Trump fam, but I do think that a lot of his humor went over most heads, and instead of saying "it was a joke" he just didn't give a fuck. As for cancel culture, we the poor dude who created Coon cheese lost his legacy. Seems society couldn't differentiate between real life and a racist slur. We have a reporter on the ABC here, her name is Ash Raper. Fuck knows how she been allowed to not have to change her name.... I can see Jesse James Dupree up before a court one day answering to he "if it feels good, do it" mantra That leaves the door open for far too many things lol I'm thinking that the term 'snowflakes' will be used a lot this year. It's already an annoying term, will only get worse...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.