Laurenne/Louhimo (Smackbound/Battle Beast) - The Reckoning

Stefan

louhimo-laurenne.jpg

Wow. 2 top female vocalists. Can't be other than great.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is positively thrilled to announce the formation of one of their most exciting new projects, a collaboration between powerhouse Finnish vocalists Noora Louhimo (Battle Beast) and Netta Laurenne (Smackbound). Laurenne/Louhimo are currently hard at work recording music for their debut album for the label. Guitars will be handled by Nino Laurenne and drums by Sampo Haapaniemi. Bass duties will be determined soon and guest guitar solos are also being plotted. The album is currently tentatively planned for release in 2021.

Comments Netta Laurenne, ”I’ve had the idea about a possible collaboration with Noora incubating for a few years. Once the pandemic started and cleared out calendars for both of us, it felt like a perfect time to reach out to Noora and start this project. She is such a talented singer who masters various styles and on top of that, simply an awesome person. We are both initially from the same town, so it feels extra special to get us, two metal singers from Tampere, working together on an album full of kick ass metal. This is also a collaboration with my husband, music producer, and guitarist (Thunderstone) Nino Laurenne, with whom I’ve written the songs for the album. We’ve already started recording the album and just can’t wait for it to find its way to you in 2021 as it’ll be FANFUNTASTIC!"

Comments Noora Louhimo, "When Netta asked me to join in this project I was happily surprised. I had followed her as a singer for years and always admired her soulful and powerful vocals and her way of expressing herself. Now that we have gotten to know each other a bit better through this project, it's been amazing to realise how much in common we have as singers and as people. We both have similar idols and influences music wise and we both love singing with soul, blues, edge, and power. She's definitely my long lost soul sister and I'm super excited singing with her on an album filled with our explosive passion for music.”

Adds Frontiers President/Head of A&R Serafino Perugino, "I believe Netta is a truly gifted and talented artist and this is one of a few records besides Smackbound that we will start a fruitful creative and artistic cooperation with her on. To pair her with Noora [Louhimo], who literally blows everyone away with her smashing vocals in not only her main band Battle Beast, but also on Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall record, and another very special record we have coming, is incredibly exciting and an honor."

Stay tuned for more news on the debut Laurenne/Louhimo album and in the meantime, follow their freshly launch social media pages to keep up with their progress.

https://www.facebook.com/laurennelouhimo

Edited by Stefan

• 6 months later...

81SvxfgDCIS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This sounds great.

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is positively thrilled to announce the release of the debut album from one of their most exciting new projects, a collaboration between powerhouse Finnish vocalists Noora Louhimo (Battle Beast) and Netta Laurenne (Smackbound), under the banner Laurenne/Louhimo. "The Reckoning" will be unleashed on July 9, 2021 on CD/LP/Digital. Get your first taste of the album with the pummelling grooves of debut single and music video, 'Bitch Fire', which features a guest guitar solo by Samy Elbanna from Lost Society.

"With this album, I wanted to capture the essence of classic heavy metal and hard rock and combine it with great melodies and lyrics that have value. It was clear from the beginning, having two strong voices on the album, that this album was going to be full of power, energy, attitude and emotion. I envisioned it lovingly kicking everyone’s ass, my own included, and I think it does just that. It’s pushing us to do better and evolve, yet having great empathy towards the struggles we all face as humans," says Netta Laurenne.

”My inspiration was definitely the thought of empowering and the songs giving a feeling of strength and sensitivity. And us interpreting the songs from our hearts and souls with full force, leaving no question about how passionate we are as vocalists and artists," adds Noora Louhimo.

Adds Frontiers President/Head of A&R Serafino Perugino, "I believe Netta is a truly gifted and talented artist and this is one of a few records besides Smackbound that we will start a fruitful creative and artistic cooperation with her on. To pair her with Noora [Louhimo], who literally blows everyone away with her smashing vocals in not only her main band Battle Beast, but also on Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall and Heart Healer records, is incredibly exciting and an honor."

After Perugino approached Netta about the possibility of some new projects for the label, including a duets album, Netta realized this was the perfect opportunity to fulfill her idea of a collaborative album with Noora. And now, these two incredible singers have put together a storming melodic metal album!

Tracklist:

1. Time To Kill The Night

2. The Reckoning

3. Tongue Of Dirt

4. Striking Like A Thunder

5. Bitch Fire

6. Hurricane Love

7. To The Wall

8. Viper's Kiss

9. Walk Through Fire

10. Dancers Of Truth

www.facebook.com/laurennelouhimo

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Laurenne/Louhimo (Smackbound/Battle Beast) - The Reckoning
1 minute ago, Stefan said:

I don't think anyone around here expected you to be a fan. Not your style at all.

tru, but folk were moaning the other day that threads were dead so I thought id at least comment. I will check the rest out as might be a few keepers :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The album's out? I can't keep up with all these releases. Heh. 

Last Friday 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...