Mary-Ann

Leykis101

So I just heard this song, you all probably know of it, or not, I fucking really really like this song, I think it fucking rocks, but rocks in like a crossover Punk-Goth-Raw Hard Rock throwback to the Black Flag - Loose Nut type days, this song is completely raw, unpolished, and just dirty,

• 2 months later...

What do you guys think of this song? if you heard it before or not, I fucking really dig it, so much I listened to it with my stereo up high, and the windows open, in January

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, good track, but I definitely classify them as Sleaze.

I get the Punk references. As I've mentioned before, there's a fine line between Punk and Sleaze.

Having said that, I love Sleaze, but hate Punk with a passion.  

Edited by Darkstone
  • Thanks 1

Yeah but it sounds like Rollins era Black Flag, I def wouldnt classify that as sleaze would you?

Fuck no I didnt know that, makes sense, a band that good had to have done something, fuck bro, thanks, looks like I got about 7 albums to check out, thanks again.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Cody, did you know they changed their name to 'To/Die/For' back in 1999?

They released 7 albums spanning the years 1999-2015.

www.discogs.com/artist/239041-ToDieFor

Wow that's quit a bit different, thats the same band, their much heavier, and gothic, they almost remind me of Type O, is that the same dude singing? if it is, holy fuck. I still like this shit though.

5 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Wow that's quit a bit different, thats the same band, their much heavier, and gothic, they almost remind me of Type O, is that the same dude singing? if it is, holy fuck. I still like this shit though.

Yep. The same singer: Jarno 'Jape' Perätalo.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Yeah but it sounds like Rollins era Black Flag, I def wouldnt classify that as sleaze would you?

Honestly, I'm not particularly familiar with Black Flag's stuff. Not interested. I've always thought Henry Rollins was a muppet.

bruh, for real?? dude Black Flag Loose Nut is classic, bro Ginn came up with some of the coolest lix ever, that version of Black Flag was much more "sleaze" and lick and riff oriented then u may think, they completely ditched the punk style, it was almost the advent of a different style, not different now, but back then it was never done before,

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

bruh, for real?? dude Black Flag Loose Nut is classic, bro Ginn came up with some of the coolest lix ever, that version of Black Flag was much more "sleaze" and lick and riff oriented then u may think, they completely ditched the punk style, it was almost the advent of a different style, not different now, but back then it was never done before,

Okay, sounds interesting. Always thought they were very Punk. I've never really given them a go, but based on that, I'll check out "Loose Nut".

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Okay, sounds interesting. Always thought they were very Punk. I've never really given them a go, but based on that, I'll check out "Loose Nut".