Jump to content

Wig Wam - Never Say Die (Single)


Recommended Posts

Heavy as hell but not melodic enough for my tastes. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wig Wam are back with killer new single ‘Never Say Die’. Also signed to Frontiers for presumably a full length album in 2021.  What a track this is.. I’ve missed these guys  

Can not wait for this one...   WIG WAM will release their new album, “Never Say Die”, on January 22, 2021. Second single from the album and pre-orders will be available December 2nd. The title

Sounds excellent to these ears.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Fuck! It's not on the Spotifies, yet. I wanna hear it, meow!

It's on Spotify as of this morning, along with the other Frontiers releases from today (W.E.T., Creye, Labyrinth).

P.S. How pathetic is it that the sound quality on Spotify (if you're a premium subscriber) absolutely shits all over the digital files that Frontiers sends out to media outlets for review. The mp3s that Frontiers distributes through Haulix are bit starved, overcompressed hot garbage... basically 128k quality. Trying to gauge production/mix quality from those is an exercise in futility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Hypnotized'.

 

 

Probably my fav track on the disc thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

It's on Spotify as of this morning, along with the other Frontiers releases from today (W.E.T., Creye, Labyrinth).

P.S. How pathetic is it that the sound quality on Spotify (if you're a premium subscriber) absolutely shits all over the digital files that Frontiers sends out to media outlets for review. The mp3s that Frontiers distributes through Haulix are bit starved, overcompressed hot garbage... basically 128k quality. Trying to gauge production/mix quality from those is an exercise in futility.

Yeah, I saw that the release date is actually today. Everyone was just getting their copies early. 

Also, none of us get those review files from Frontiers, so we have no idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Also, none of us get those review files from Frontiers, so we have no idea. 

Actually, there are a couple of other folks here on the board that do get promo content from the labels directly. I should have framed it as a general comment, not just to you specifically... but I was in mid-rant. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this but is it me or does it sound a little low soundwise? Have to turn this one up a few extra volume turns(no bad thing) as opposed to the other new Frontiers releases :blink: or most newer released discs for that matter.

Edited by lettard
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
3 hours ago, lettard said:

Loving this but is it me or does it sound a little low soundwise? Have to turn this one up a few extra volume turns(no bad thing) as opposed to the other new Frontiers releases :blink: or most newer released discs for that matter.

Yeah, it was on the Spotifies. I played Creye's immediately after, and had to turn it down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never say die , Kilimanjaro , Hypnotized and Kaleidoscope Ark are all really nice songs but I'm not loving much else on this to be honest

Bit of a disappointment

Edited by Gotthardline
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Doggy said:

I will be holding my breathe to see that major electrical store down here will get it, they claim the last studio album by Eclipse as a new release.

The band that Bon Scott was previous in  joining up with AC/DC, they would not stock as know who they are.

Darkstone

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
On 1/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Doggy said:

I will be holding my breathe to see that major electrical store down here will get it, they claim the last studio album by Eclipse as a new release.

The band that Bon Scott was previous in  joining up with AC/DC, they would not stock as know who they are.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with major Retail/Department stores, not in Australia at least. Even back in the glory days it wasn't easy getting our type of stuff in those places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lettard said:

Loving this but is it me or does it sound a little low soundwise? Have to turn this one up a few extra volume turns(no bad thing) as opposed to the other new Frontiers releases :blink: or most newer released discs for that matter.

The sound is a bit strange on that album. On the one hand very powerful but the guitars are almost a bit too loud, the drums are a bit quiet here and there except for the ride bell, which is always very present. Backing choirs do not sound as big as on their other albums. Vocals on call of the wild sound like he shouted into a letter box. 

But I like most of the songs, the last few are a bit weaker than the first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with major Retail/Department stores, not in Australia at least. Even back in the glory days it wasn't easy getting our type of stuff in those places.

Might get R.R.  to get next month's order.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flipped through this album quickly and sounds pretty good.
Can't wait to give it a proper play...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some really cool moments on this album. Like a lot of Wig Wam, it's not all awesome, but when it's good it's good. 

I am quite fond of all these tunes;

Never Say Die
Shadows of Eternity
Where Does It Hurt
My Kaleidoscope Ark
Dirty Little Secret
Call of the Wild

Wasn't expecting the wall of riff I experienced listening to this album, but I liked it. Sadly not every song has the killer hook you're hoping for, but a lot of the time the riffs make up for it. As noted, the sound quality is pretty muddy again, but it's not the first time a Wig Wam album as suffered a bit from a sub-par production job... but it's not too bad. 

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this album. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than where they finished up and I quite dig their heavier sound. Suits them well, though I wouldn't mind an old-school fun rocker or two thrown in the mix too. But, it's a good return, imo. Nice album. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Some really cool moments on this album. Like a lot of Wig Wam, it's not all awesome, but when it's good it's good. 

I am quite fond of all these tunes;

Never Say Die
Shadows of Eternity
Where Does It Hurt
My Kaleidoscope Ark
Dirty Little Secret
Call of the Wild

Wasn't expecting the wall of riff I experienced listening to this album, but I liked it. Sadly not every song has the killer hook you're hoping for, but a lot of the time the riffs make up for it. As noted, the sound quality is pretty muddy again, but it's not the first time a Wig Wam album as suffered a bit from a sub-par production job... but it's not too bad. 

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this album. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than where they finished up and I quite dig their heavier sound. Suits them well, though I wouldn't mind an old-school fun rocker or two thrown in the mix too. But, it's a good return, imo. Nice album. 

really didn't hit with me.

I liked Dirty Little Secret and I think Never Say Die but thats about it.

a mile off the Wig Wam I loved....first 2 albums 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Glen said:

really didn't hit with me.

I liked Dirty Little Secret and I think Never Say Die but thats about it.

a mile off the Wig Wam I loved....first 2 albums 

Yeah, it looks like they'll sadly never capture that magic again. 'Non Stop Rock'n Roll' is still a completely acceptable album, though, and I'd probably put this new one somewhere about par with that. Hard to say to be honest, as they're very different albums. 

For me, I didn't have high expectations so I'm pleased to say that if anything the new albums slightly exceeds my expectations, which is cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

For me, I didn't have high expectations so I'm pleased to say that if anything the new albums slightly exceeds my expectations, which is cool. 

I don't think any of us did, which may be the reason we're all enjoying it as much as we are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really enjoying it and tbh will prob never play it again :(

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not sure about this one. I like some of it, some of it a bit bog average. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Damn I've been checking insurance costs for the BMW and Audi and it is ridiculous.....I'm thinking about going with a North American car.....may take a hard look at a new Mustang GT.....insurance for it is about half the cost of the other 2....at least those are the numbers I see online, reality may be different....
    • THE OFFSPRING – Let the Bad Times Roll (2021) April 12, 2021     from various sopurces: Working with mega producer Bob Rock (Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi) THE OFFSPRING are back next week with their new album ”Let The Bad Times Roll”: twelve tracks that are drenched with shades of their previous offerings, while delivering a vibrant modern sound that’s seen the title track ‘Let The Bad Times Roll’ elevated to high rotation on rock radio with its commercial polish, while keeping the attitude of the band intact. With ”Let The Bad Times Roll” The Offspring provide a refreshing soundtrack to your own personal apocalypse. Sugar-coating nothing with a satisfyingly merry acknowledgment that everything currently sucks, this is the perfect album to crank the volume on when you’re content just to watch the world burn for a day… Returning to their signature blend of jovial rock n’ pop-punky with a cheeky twist, the album kicks off without foreplay. “This Is Not Utopia,” a rhythmically palpitating opener led by power chords and gang chants, denounces modern-day America from being the Promised Land it monikers itself to be. It might seem a curious move from a band that doesn’t consider itself political, but it sets the tone perfectly for what follows. The title track and lead single, “Let the Bad Times Roll” is a near-perfect return to form. Its aggressive, guitar stabbing verses coupled with its poppy, acoustic-based chorus, and weighty lyrical undertones make it a perfect fit for the playlist to Satan’s spin class. And yet, the lazy fade-out that tags on to the end of the song is unforgivable, rendering its built-up momentum impotent. One of the most enjoyable things about ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is every member is clearly heard, feels completely present, and sounds wholly invested. Even on the reimagined Offspring milestone” Gone Away”, stripped back to a piano and vocal rendition with hints of strings that is as beautiful as it is haunting. A result in no small part due to another return from legendary producer, Bob Rock (Metallica, Motley Crue), who clearly knows what fans want to hear on a great Offspring record. Traits such as the dynamic duo of vocalist Dexter Holland and guitarist Noodles being a sonic force throughout. Especially evident on more moving numbers such as “Behind Your Walls,” which sees Holland cater to the verse with a seldom heard, lower register to his vocal delivery. Again with “Coming for You”, which is brought to life by drummer Pete Padara and newcomer Todd Morse on bass. Morse makes a great impression on this record, particularly on what is sure to become an instant Offspring classic, the satirically, and joyously depressing, “We Don’t Have Sex Anymore”. Led by a bass line that sounds like a nod to The Cure’s “Lovecats”, everything about this piece, from the horn section to the playful piano and painful, yet hilarious storytelling delivered by Holland, catapults this tale of sexless woe into the stratosphere. The album’s standout track, it achieves its own kind of happy ending, even if no one else does. Despite what it might initially allude to, ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is not the overtly political statement it might suggest itself be. The narrative is one of reflections, not criticisms, observations as opposed to opinions, while musically the energy, thankfully, is as dynamic as ever. A fun and entertaining shot for this lock down era. Tracklist: 01 – This Is Not Utopia 02 – Let The Bad Times Roll 03 – Behind Your Walls 04 – Army Of One 05 – Breaking These Bones 06 – Coming For You 07 – We Never Have Sex Anymore 08 – In The Hall Of The Mountain King 09 – The Opioid Diaries 10 – Hassan Chop 11 – Gone Away 12 – Lullaby Dexter Holland – lead and backing vocals, guitar Noodles – guitar Pete Parada – drums Todd Morse – bass guitar Bob Rock – producer, mixing, engineer   Pre order: www.target.com/p/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-82383162 theoffspring.concordrecords.com/products/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-cd/
    • I'd rather you go to the "I Love Geoff Tate" forum and post all you want there.  
    • Think I should post about Sweet Oblivion in the prog rock and metal section ? It’s difficult to categorize this great music !
    • People can do whatever they want with their own fiction, it's the people who subscribe to it that are weeding each other out, sadly some of us who dont, are also caught in the crossfire
    • I love the music. The vocals....... not so much. I agree musically it sounds like FarCry but a drastic change in vocal style. Maybe it will grow on me.
    • Never even knew this existed until today. Vinyl only release limited to 500 copies. Band was still in Canada at this time before moving to the US. Anyone ever heard this? April 12, 2021     Now very rare, this was a limited 500 copies – vinyl only – press via Precision Records. This was the time when the band rocked in their native Canada before moving to USA. Musically, they were much more raw, with a glam punky sleazy sound which was instantly adored by headbangers for their adrenaline charged, wasted tunes like “Nuclear Attack”, “I Do What I Want” and “Here Comes The Night”. Almost impossible to find vinyl. Tracklist: 01 – Here Comes The Night 02 – She’s So Pretty 03 – Everybody’s Gonna Have A Real Good Time 04 – I’ll Do What I Want 05 – Oh Love 06 – Nuclear Attack 07 – I Was Gonna Ron Sweetheart Collie – lead vocals Jeff Campbell – guitar, vocals Michael Lotimer – bass, vocals Peter Lotimer – drums, vocals   Out of print          
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.