Wig Wam - Never Say Die (Single)

Aordave89

13 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Fuck! It's not on the Spotifies, yet. I wanna hear it, meow!

It's on Spotify as of this morning, along with the other Frontiers releases from today (W.E.T., Creye, Labyrinth).

P.S. How pathetic is it that the sound quality on Spotify (if you're a premium subscriber) absolutely shits all over the digital files that Frontiers sends out to media outlets for review. The mp3s that Frontiers distributes through Haulix are bit starved, overcompressed hot garbage... basically 128k quality. Trying to gauge production/mix quality from those is an exercise in futility.

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

It's on Spotify as of this morning, along with the other Frontiers releases from today (W.E.T., Creye, Labyrinth).

P.S. How pathetic is it that the sound quality on Spotify (if you're a premium subscriber) absolutely shits all over the digital files that Frontiers sends out to media outlets for review. The mp3s that Frontiers distributes through Haulix are bit starved, overcompressed hot garbage... basically 128k quality. Trying to gauge production/mix quality from those is an exercise in futility.

Yeah, I saw that the release date is actually today. Everyone was just getting their copies early. 

Also, none of us get those review files from Frontiers, so we have no idea. 

23 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Also, none of us get those review files from Frontiers, so we have no idea. 

Actually, there are a couple of other folks here on the board that do get promo content from the labels directly. I should have framed it as a general comment, not just to you specifically... but I was in mid-rant. :P

Loving this but is it me or does it sound a little low soundwise? Have to turn this one up a few extra volume turns(no bad thing) as opposed to the other new Frontiers releases :blink: or most newer released discs for that matter.

Edited by lettard

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, lettard said:

Loving this but is it me or does it sound a little low soundwise? Have to turn this one up a few extra volume turns(no bad thing) as opposed to the other new Frontiers releases :blink: or most newer released discs for that matter.

Yeah, it was on the Spotifies. I played Creye's immediately after, and had to turn it down. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Doggy said:

I will be holding my breathe to see that major electrical store down here will get it, they claim the last studio album by Eclipse as a new release.

The band that Bon Scott was previous in  joining up with AC/DC, they would not stock as know who they are.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 1/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, Doggy said:

I will be holding my breathe to see that major electrical store down here will get it, they claim the last studio album by Eclipse as a new release.

The band that Bon Scott was previous in  joining up with AC/DC, they would not stock as know who they are.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with major Retail/Department stores, not in Australia at least. Even back in the glory days it wasn't easy getting our type of stuff in those places.

7 hours ago, lettard said:

The sound is a bit strange on that album. On the one hand very powerful but the guitars are almost a bit too loud, the drums are a bit quiet here and there except for the ride bell, which is always very present. Backing choirs do not sound as big as on their other albums. Vocals on call of the wild sound like he shouted into a letter box. 

But I like most of the songs, the last few are a bit weaker than the first.

23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother with major Retail/Department stores, not in Australia at least. Even back in the glory days it wasn't easy getting our type of stuff in those places.

Might get R.R.  to get next month's order.

Some really cool moments on this album. Like a lot of Wig Wam, it's not all awesome, but when it's good it's good. 

I am quite fond of all these tunes;

Never Say Die
Shadows of Eternity
Where Does It Hurt
My Kaleidoscope Ark
Dirty Little Secret
Call of the Wild

Wasn't expecting the wall of riff I experienced listening to this album, but I liked it. Sadly not every song has the killer hook you're hoping for, but a lot of the time the riffs make up for it. As noted, the sound quality is pretty muddy again, but it's not the first time a Wig Wam album as suffered a bit from a sub-par production job... but it's not too bad. 

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this album. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than where they finished up and I quite dig their heavier sound. Suits them well, though I wouldn't mind an old-school fun rocker or two thrown in the mix too. But, it's a good return, imo. Nice album. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Some really cool moments on this album. Like a lot of Wig Wam, it's not all awesome, but when it's good it's good. 

I am quite fond of all these tunes;

Never Say Die
Shadows of Eternity
Where Does It Hurt
My Kaleidoscope Ark
Dirty Little Secret
Call of the Wild

Wasn't expecting the wall of riff I experienced listening to this album, but I liked it. Sadly not every song has the killer hook you're hoping for, but a lot of the time the riffs make up for it. As noted, the sound quality is pretty muddy again, but it's not the first time a Wig Wam album as suffered a bit from a sub-par production job... but it's not too bad. 

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this album. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than where they finished up and I quite dig their heavier sound. Suits them well, though I wouldn't mind an old-school fun rocker or two thrown in the mix too. But, it's a good return, imo. Nice album. 

really didn't hit with me.

I liked Dirty Little Secret and I think Never Say Die but thats about it.

a mile off the Wig Wam I loved....first 2 albums 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

really didn't hit with me.

I liked Dirty Little Secret and I think Never Say Die but thats about it.

a mile off the Wig Wam I loved....first 2 albums 

Yeah, it looks like they'll sadly never capture that magic again. 'Non Stop Rock'n Roll' is still a completely acceptable album, though, and I'd probably put this new one somewhere about par with that. Hard to say to be honest, as they're very different albums. 

For me, I didn't have high expectations so I'm pleased to say that if anything the new albums slightly exceeds my expectations, which is cool. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

For me, I didn't have high expectations so I'm pleased to say that if anything the new albums slightly exceeds my expectations, which is cool. 

I don't think any of us did, which may be the reason we're all enjoying it as much as we are. 

• 1 year later...