Jump to content

Wig Wam - Never Say Die (Single)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wig Wam are back with killer new single ‘Never Say Die’. Also signed to Frontiers for presumably a full length album in 2021.  What a track this is.. I’ve missed these guys  

Can not wait for this one...   WIG WAM will release their new album, “Never Say Die”, on January 22, 2021. Second single from the album and pre-orders will be available December 2nd. The title

Sounds excellent to these ears.

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Can not wait for this one...
 

WIG WAM will release their new album, “Never Say Die”, on January 22, 2021. Second single from the album and pre-orders will be available December 2nd. The title track is available for your listening pleasure now! See the video: https://youtu.be/gv3AyHcZmH8

Early pre-orders are available now from the Frontiers' U.S. and EU webstores HERE: http://radi.al/FrontiersMusic

Stay tuned!

Tracklisting:
1. The Second Crusade (Intro, Instrumental)
2. Never Say Die
3. Hypnotized
4. Shadowx Of Eternity
5. Kilimanjaro
6. Where Does It Hurt
7. My Kaleidoscope Ark
8. Dirty Little Secret
9. Call Of The Wild
10. Northbound (Instrumental)
11. Hard Love
12. Silver Lining

4F12D395-02DE-4AA9-8290-3B58832F76DA.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J.S.M said:

Wow, didn't expect it that early, I'm really happy about that. 

Tracklist seems like they continue with the more serious path, hopefully it will not be too dark, I preferred their happier/ funnier stuff.

Yeah I didn’t expect January. Certainly happy it’s not far away though. 
 

I hope they continue the same style as the first single - I still think there will be light hearted songs etc but the big production and lyrical content of ‘Never Say Die’ really worked for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

If that single is indicative of the direction of the entire album, this will be the fucking surprise of the century. I am eagerly awaiting the next single.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

If that single is indicative of the direction of the entire album, this will be the fucking surprise of the century. I am eagerly awaiting the next single.

I concur. I wanna hear it now damnit. December 2nd seems like a long way away! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for this - Interested to hear the Japanese bonus track also  

The second single ‘Kilimanjaro’ from WIG WAM’s forthcoming comeback album ‘NEVER SAY DIE’ will be available on December 2. The full length album will be released January 22, and the Japanese version will include a 2020 re-worked version of ‘Dare Devil Heat’ from their ‘Wig Wamania’ album 2006. 

 

DED4A3A9-01DD-4F16-8DD2-F2A5B41E2B8A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Itunes samples are out in New Zealand😅

I was really a bit nervous before listening because WigWam was my absolutely favourite band before they split up.

I'd like to do a little sample by sample review 

 

Never say die - great song, typical wig wam hymn

Hypnotized - Great riff, very Wall Street sounding, weak chorus

Shadows of eternity - Very simple but working chorus, vocals a bit overshadowed by guitars. 

Kilimanjaro - very southern sounding, sounds a bit back to the roots with a darker edge, overall very dark sounding album to this point

Where does it hurt - Don't like the voice sound in the verse. Chorus is really missing harmonies. There are only some deep voices singing the same melody as the main voice. Could have been a "Gonna get you someday" hymn with more backing harmonies. Great riffs again, very heavy.

My Kaleidoskope ark - Typical Wig Wam ballad. First time I feel the same magic as on their debut. 

Dirty little secret - First song that's not that dark, at least until the riff kicks in. Chorus is a bit weak again.

Call of the wild - Teeny on vocals, yeah! Pre chorus is ugly 🤕 That sample starts cool but makes me feel uncomfortable. Lyrics-repeat in the chorus is a bit cheap.

Northbound - Nice guitar song, instrumental 

Hard Love - slower, heavy. WAS THAT ALREADY THE CHORUS?? oh, that's not good.

Silver linings - again slow, semi-ballad. Over 6 minutes. Chorus is cool but again they just repeated the lyrics 2 times.

Already over... I think I can get used to most of the songs... For me it misses almost everything that WigWam stood for, at least to me. That is:

-The perfect balance between all four members - on this album the guitars are very loud and the center of almost every song. The vocals are not as present as on the other albums and I think that's sad as Åge has that special thing in his voice that can lead through an album perfectly. He's always like "listen, I got something to say" and then he needs some space that the guitar doesn't give him on the album.

-The big hymns - Never say die is the closest to that. Wall street was missing them, too but with this album they went even further away from the catchyness of the first 3 albums.

-The funny moments - This album is very dark, not a single song that is a happy party song as "A R'n'R' girl like you" or "Hard to be a Rock'n'Roller". Even Wall Street was not that dark and serious ("Wrong can feel so right", "Natural high")

I definitely hope they stay together, play some of their old songs again and find their roots... This album is more HOLTER than Wig Wam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

These guys are performing via live stream this Friday. It's FREE.99, but you still need to reserve a "ticket." Hopefully that link works.

 

https://www.bandsintown.com/f/74655?came_from=206

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J.S.M said:

Itunes samples are out in New Zealand😅

I was really a bit nervous before listening because WigWam was my absolutely favourite band before they split up.

I'd like to do a little sample by sample review 

 

Never say die - great song, typical wig wam hymn

Hypnotized - Great riff, very Wall Street sounding, weak chorus

Shadows of eternity - Very simple but working chorus, vocals a bit overshadowed by guitars. 

Kilimanjaro - very southern sounding, sounds a bit back to the roots with a darker edge, overall very dark sounding album to this point

Where does it hurt - Don't like the voice sound in the verse. Chorus is really missing harmonies. There are only some deep voices singing the same melody as the main voice. Could have been a "Gonna get you someday" hymn with more backing harmonies. Great riffs again, very heavy.

My Kaleidoskope ark - Typical Wig Wam ballad. First time I feel the same magic as on their debut. 

Dirty little secret - First song that's not that dark, at least until the riff kicks in. Chorus is a bit weak again.

Call of the wild - Teeny on vocals, yeah! Pre chorus is ugly 🤕 That sample starts cool but makes me feel uncomfortable. Lyrics-repeat in the chorus is a bit cheap.

Northbound - Nice guitar song, instrumental 

Hard Love - slower, heavy. WAS THAT ALREADY THE CHORUS?? oh, that's not good.

Silver linings - again slow, semi-ballad. Over 6 minutes. Chorus is cool but again they just repeated the lyrics 2 times.

Already over... I think I can get used to most of the songs... For me it misses almost everything that WigWam stood for, at least to me. That is:

-The perfect balance between all four members - on this album the guitars are very loud and the center of almost every song. The vocals are not as present as on the other albums and I think that's sad as Åge has that special thing in his voice that can lead through an album perfectly. He's always like "listen, I got something to say" and then he needs some space that the guitar doesn't give him on the album.

-The big hymns - Never say die is the closest to that. Wall street was missing them, too but with this album they went even further away from the catchyness of the first 3 albums.

-The funny moments - This album is very dark, not a single song that is a happy party song as "A R'n'R' girl like you" or "Hard to be a Rock'n'Roller". Even Wall Street was not that dark and serious ("Wrong can feel so right", "Natural high")

I definitely hope they stay together, play some of their old songs again and find their roots... This album is more HOLTER than Wig Wam.

Enjoyed reading those comments as I couldn’t check the samples out until now. 
I never judge an album on samples alone but Ive played through them a couple of times myself and absolutely love what I hear - big riffs, big choruses and bigger production. 
 

The only couple of tracks I couldn’t warm to initially was My Kaleidoskope Ark, Silver Linings and Hard Love.
 

Shadows Of Eternity sounds killer.. really looking forward to hearing that one in full. It has a darker ‘Walls Come Down’ vibe to it. Hypnotized, Dirty Little Secret, Where Does It Hurt.. all great rockers too.

In terms of the more light hearted fun songs, I agree it has a more overall darker vibe, but I’d definitely put Kilimanjaro and Dirty Little Secret in that category. 
 

It’s hard to get a real feel of an album after 90 seconds but this sounds really solid and a huge improvement on Wall Street. Trond Holter is on fire and the album has a definite harder edge to it. Age is a class act and the production is great. So good to have these guys back, bring on January.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah like that too,happy days,really goin back to the type of stuff from Wamania  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Mine arrived today,love it, a real return to the form of old,a few spins through it but the guitar work is definately in the heavier direction with tracks like Dirty Little Secret on this one for me,so many goodies but i'm really liking Hypnotized most atm...a really nice suprise from these guys...Wig Wam are back  :) 

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lettard said:

Mine arrived today,love it, a real return to the form of old,a few spins through it but the guitar work is definately in the heavier direction with tracks like Dirty Little Secret on this one for me,so many goodies but i'm really liking Hypnotized most atm...a really nice suprise from these guys...Wig Wam are back  :) 

Hypnotized and Shadows Of Eternity stand out for me and as you say it’s great to have these guys back. Really good album. Tails off slightly towards the end I think but love the heavier sound. Today has been a fine day for music! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I already wrote a little bit about the samples. Now that the whole songs are out I got reminded why they were my favourite band until they broke up. They got some crazy energy and they're a puzzle... 4 great musicians who leave enough space for each other to shine. Even though here and there there could be a bit more space for the vocals but yeah, guitars were the concept of this album and that's fine. Trond is probably my favourite living guitar player, nobody writes riffs like him. 

In my earlier post I said Trond (Teeny) sings Call of the wild. Have to correct that, it's Bernt (Flash). Next time, let Åge sing... or Trond... the song is fine but the voice is a bit underwhelming.

Where does it hurt & Shadows of eternity are my favourites after the first run through, great songs with a heaviness never heard from Wig Wam.

Silver linings is very melodic but I guess one or five less repetitions of the chorus would have still been enough.

Hard love is actually better thsn I thought after listening to the samples, great build up.

My kaleidoscope ark is a great ballad, exactly what I missed when Wig Wam wasn't there.

One little point of criticism maybe... the production is veeery rough. Energetic but some mistakes could have been edited out. The first bar of the Where does it hurt verse has a little rhythm error in the palm mutes of the guitar; there was one solo that was a bit too slow somewhere, I also heard some tiny wrong notes of the singer. For a live performance that is usual but as a studio production a bit strange... at least I haven't heard things like that before on a well done record.

Anyway, these are great songs and I hope that it's only the beginning of a long future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

Fuck! It's not on the Spotifies, yet. I wanna hear it, meow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Fuck! It's not on the Spotifies, yet. I wanna hear it, meow!

It's on youtube mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be holding my breathe to see that major electrical store down here will get it, they claim the last studio album by Eclipse as a new release.

The band that Bon Scott was previous in  joining up with AC/DC, they would not stock as know who they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.