Jump to content

Wig Wam - Never Say Die (Single)


Recommended Posts

Wig Wam are back with killer new single ‘Never Say Die’.

Also signed to Frontiers for presumably a full length album in 2021. 

What a track this is.. I’ve missed these guys

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope it takes its lead from the 667 or Wamania...the others not so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors

I was gonna start a "Wig Wam" cover band called "The Wig Wam Teepees", but the whole ordeal made me feel too tense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my fave bands of all time. And to see them back for another round is simply an awesome news. 

As for the new tune, it's a killer. Love it. 

Edited by Ponen
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ponen said:

One of my fave bands of all time. And to see them back for another round is simply an awesome news. 

As for the new tune, it's a killer. Love it. 

Awesome isn’t it.. the production sounds improved and loving the heavier guitar tone. Wouldn’t surprise me if Erik Martensson wasn’t involved in some capacity. 

Was only a few days back I was watching videos of the Sheffield gig back in 2010 - seriously good live band. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, huge song. Would never have believed they were still capable of that after the way they went off the rails so bad. But that is absolutely killer. Love it. 

Will be interested to see what direction they take, lyrically, on the new album. Will it still be a kind of parody/joke thing, or will it be straight up more serious melodic hard rock like this track suggests? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wow, huge song. Would never have believed they were still capable of that after the way they went off the rails so bad. But that is absolutely killer. Love it. 

Will be interested to see what direction they take, lyrically, on the new album. Will it still be a kind of parody/joke thing, or will it be straight up more serious melodic hard rock like this track suggests? 

Guess it shows the hiatus was needed.. Wall Street was a bad album, and I’m a fan of these guys. 
 

I thought the same - I think they’ll still have a couple of ‘fun’ tracks just like Age’s solo stuff, Ammunition and previous Wig Wam albums but it looks like a more serious and less tongue-in-cheek direction. 
 

Definitely looking forward to further info / music. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always loved the rock anthems they had. This song follows that direction and is a great opener for a reunion. 

Did anybody actually say that there will be an album? I could imagine that this is only a single because they had some time during corona.

Wall street was their worst album but it still had some good moments. This new song sounds as dark and serious as wall street but with the quality of early Wig Wam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

Always loved the rock anthems they had. This song follows that direction and is a great opener for a reunion. 

Did anybody actually say that there will be an album? I could imagine that this is only a single because they had some time during corona.

Wall street was their worst album but it still had some good moments. This new song sounds as dark and serious as wall street but with the quality of early Wig Wam. 

Nothing to confirm an album is on the way but they have reunion dates next year and Frontiers used the tag ‘What’s next for Wig Wam? Stay tuned!’.. could mean anything of course but in my opinion this is the first single from a 2021 comeback album.. only time will tell. 
 

I liked 2/3 tracks from Wall Street but I thought the rest was below average. This is up there with the best they’ve done in my eyes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked every album, with 6 keepers from each, except Wig Wamania which had 7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

To this day, I've still never listened to Wall Street. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

But this new song is dope. Holy shit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

To this day, I've still never listened to Wall Street. 

You ain't missing nothing!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know that wall street was that unpopular. 

Wall street, OMG, bleeding daylight, wrong can feel so right & natural high 

Are typical Wig Wam songs. I just don't like the other songs that much 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent tune...more of that please  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J.S.M said:

I didn't know that wall street was that unpopular. 

Wall street, OMG, bleeding daylight, wrong can feel so right & natural high 

Are typical Wig Wam songs. I just don't like the other songs that much 

Yeah, I really don't get the strong hate for that album.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Me...
Wall Street
OMG
Tides Will Turn
Wrong Can Feel So Right
Natural High
School's Out is a really good version as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I was gonna start a "Wig Wam" cover band called "The Wig Wam Teepees", but the whole ordeal made me feel too tense.

I feel like this joke was kinda campy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Yeah, I really don't get the strong hate for that album.

I wouldn't say that I strongly hate it...it just isn't as good as previous nor was non stop rock 'n' roll, I was excited at the time of their releases , that soon faded but they both had a few good tunes, I have to say that I haven't listened to them two in a while but would spin Wamania quite regularly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Posts

    • Album out now... this ROCKS!!!                         https://gbdeclaration.org/
    • AWESOME!!! Song...   https://gbdeclaration.org/
    • going to play today at some point. expecting a cheesefest but in a good way 
    • I've never seen that before on Spotify - says full album available soon. it's not clear if they've held in back or there's been an error uploading it 
    • From what I understand, Pete and Steve are extremely pissed at Mark "Gus" Scott. https://www.madrock1025.com/trixter-members-go-public-with-feud/ In an argument that’s gone uncomfortably public, Trixter drummer Mark “Gus” Scott has fired back at his disgruntled bandmates, claiming he only wants what’s best for the group. The feud began when Steve Brown and P.J. Farley told interviewers Scott was on “the sh*t list beyond belief,” comparing him to disobedient dog. Now, in a new interview, Scott says the band’s problems go well beyond just one dissenting member. “I don’t know if the ‘bad dog’ is the best analogy and the best manner in which to visualize what’s happened with Trixter,” he says. “I think there’s been different ideologies within the band for a very, very long time. We’ve been together over 30 years. So I think there’s always been — I don’t wanna say a ‘rift,’ but more recently, if there was a rift, it was certainly becoming more and more exponentially grown.” While not naming names, Scott says his issues are with the band’s “leadership,” adding he refuses to be “led by ignorance.” Ouch. How long will it be before Trixter either calls it quits or parts ways with Scott? Have the members of Trixter been together too long?
    • What's the story there? I recall a couple videos between the two "new" albums that portrayed them all as good buddies. 
    • A magnificent hidden gem from Ted Poley.    
    • Ok, so they did shoot a video for "Breakdown." I fucking love this song!!  
    • New hard rock from Maryland:  
    • Here's a few from artists not included on your list yet. I think they all qualify, we'll see. I've saved the best for last. A Legendary Aussie artist covering a Legendary Aussie band. The song is about the Vietnam War. Very profound.                           
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.