Blood Red Saints - Undisputed

Stefan

122015904_3457353650987328_7767714570133

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to welcome UK melodic rockers Blood Red Saints back to the label. 2021 will see the release of the fourth studio album from the English rockers. Titled 'Undisputed', the album is also a return to the melodic rock style as heard on the band's debut album "Speedway".

Written during the Covid-19 pandemic, the recording of the album has taken place at guitarist Lee Revills' home studio. "We didn't set out to write a certain type of record, we brought ideas to the table and they happened to be melodic. As we live through the process and can reflect on these songs, this feels like it is shaping up to be our strongest album to date," says Revill.

Blood Red Saints was formed at the end of 2014 by singer Pete Godfrey and bassist Rob Naylor from the band Angels or Kings. They quickly got to work writing their debut album. Their search for a name ended with the chance discovery of a semi-legendary Speedway team “The Blood Red Saints”, who were formed in the late 1920s in Brooklyn, New York. Their leader 'Freddie Rendetti' became synonymous with the team and was a fiery, colorful character who ultimately lived the fast life a little too fast. The band loved the name and ran with it.

James Martin of VEGA came along and was instrumental in getting the band signed to Frontiers Music Srl for their debut album, "Speedway". James and his twin brother Tom also co-wrote two songs on the album and none other than Harry Hess (Harem Scarem) took care of the mastering of the album. The band’s debut album was an impressive slice of classic British AOR, following in the traditions of early Dare, FM, and Newman.

The band then went on to record two well-received albums, "Love Hate Conspiracies" and "Pulse", for AOR Heaven, but have now returned to Frontiers for their forthcoming fourth album, "Undisputed".

Stay tuned for more news on the album and the first taste of music soon!

bloodredsaints.net

www.facebook.com/bloodredsaints

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My last purchase of the day to arrive, well pleased with this, everything they've released i've been a fan of...pretty solid band, and this is no exception...nice big beat to everything...but after my first couple of listens production seems muddled...more listens needed though to give tunes a better listen  :)

Edited by lettard

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't expecting this. Very solid album. One thing that seems wonky though: on the promo audio files, the lead vocals, instead of being centered, are coming from the left channel. Is anyone else hearing the same?

No obvious listening issues for me that I noticed, but something production-wise wasn't top notch, so maybe that was it? Will re-listen. A good album and possibly the most consistent these guys have put up yet. I was surprised at how pleasant each song was, after the first dud. 'This Ain't a Love Song' is a terrible opener, but the rest is good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

This album pisses me off. Such possibilities, but the positioning of the lead vox in the left channel on every song just fucks everything up IMO. My brain keeps making me check my sound settings to "fix it".

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

This album pisses me off. Such possibilities, but the positioning of the lead vox in the left channel on every song just fucks everything up IMO. My brain keeps making me check my sound settings to "fix it".

just checked on Spotify and I'd agree with this. is a little left leaning. 

Would you prefer it out of the right channel 🤣🤣😉

9 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Absolutely!... no wait. On this issue I'm going to be decidedly centrist.

it is a distraction definitely. oddly the backing vocals seems to be more in the right channel 🤔 

hoping it doesn't catch on for sure 😕 

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

OMG..... have to agree. Just checked it out and it's definitely distracting. 

Somebody needs a punch to the face for this.

a left hook 😁

• Haha 1