Levara - first single

Glen

Wow.. Did not see this coming.. Below is from Trev Lukather. 

PLEASE READ:
My dear friends and supporters. Unfortunately, my journey in LEVARA has ended. 
It’s been really hard to keep this information to myself for as long as I have. 6 weeks ago, the two other members of the band I put together and built from scratch, decided to boot me out of my band via email. It was a tough blow to the soul and a hard pill to swallow. I considered the guys a part of my family. Things obviously change and I haven’t heard from them since. Out of respect for the @mascot_records crew, I held this info back from you so it wouldn’t side track or hurt the release. The album is amazing. I’m beyond proud of what we made. It’s something you should purchase and blast over and over again. I can’t thank the friends of mine who helped us along the way enough for sharing their talent, support and love. I was a solid leader and I have no regrets. With being a leader, you always find yourself on the outskirts. The vibes towards you shift as things develop. Certain personality types can’t accept that they aren’t that person. As part management and head of the band, I had my eye on the prize of making LEVARA a household name and it was in motion until it was all ripped apart. Everything I did was for the band. It was for us. Not me. They didn’t see it like that. I do wish the two guys all the best moving forward. I apologize to the core fans we built and wanted you all to know that I didn’t quit. That’s not who I am. I didn’t have a say. People have asked me how I let this happen or how it could be possible. The answer is that I’m not gonna fight to be in something with guys who don’t appreciate my hard work and who don’t want me a part of it. 
We live and we learn from our mistakes. I learned a big lesson. Give, but don’t give too much. Don’t let people take advantage of your kindness and generosity. With that said, a new chapter has begun and new music is already in the works. I’m at the peak of my creativity and I will deliver some epic music ASAP with a new project. I’ve also been producing and writing for other artists and it’s great to be back in a fun working environment. Stay tuned friends and know that I love you always. #ontothenextchapter

B22606EC-DB4D-49F4-9E7E-95F61182795D.jpeg

Gave this a full listen through today. I wasn't fully sold based on the singles, but this album is damned good. The only problem is that it's too short at 37 minutes. After one listen though, I think my favorite track is the second to last cut "Just a Man".

EDIT: Just saw the post above. What the everloving FUCK?

• My Little Pony

Holy shit. I'm not gonna lie, this will likely hurt my enjoyment of this album going forward. Would love to hear their side of the story. 

Admittedly we don't know the full story, but It's his gig the end of the day, and it's a bit ridiculous being fired from your own band. He is the main name and has the connections from his dad (record company etc etc), so i reckon  they've made a big fuck up...album number 2 on the same label, if at all?  I very much doubt it. A real shame, as they had a good start

3 hours ago, Jez said:

Admittedly we don't know the full story, but It's his gig the end of the day, and it's a bit ridiculous being fired from your own band. He is the main name and has the connections from his dad (record company etc etc), so i reckon  they've made a big fuck up...album number 2 on the same label, if at all?  I very much doubt it. A real shame, as they had a good start

apparently it was a multi album deal. interesting. mmmm. 

Can those 2 get a new guitarist? seems unlikely they will be able to maintain the support but then will TL find another vocalist like him?? personally I doubt it.

A real shame as the album is brilliant imo 

On 5/15/2021 at 5:40 AM, AlphaMale said:

This is a good album. Very memorable songs and just done extremely well. 

Steve Perry on backing vocals just adds to the enjoyment. Love it!

lol, wtf, cob? You were tearing this apart in the entire lead up and you ended up liking it? What happened? Songs are still the same, aren't they? You mad conflicted individual. ;)

Anyway, really cool album and one of my favourites of the year so far. Really disappointing to read what transpired since it's release. What a buzzkill. But the album's still great. 

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol, wtf, cob? You were tearing this apart in the entire lead up and you ended up liking it? What happened? Songs are still the same, aren't they? You mad conflicted individual. ;)

Anyway, really cool album and one of my favourites of the year so far. Really disappointing to read what transpired since it's release. What a buzzkill. But the album's still great. 

Wasn't crazy about the single released but it's some good stuff.