Heartwind - Strangers

Stefan

From Escape Music:

Heartwind is the love child of progressive keyboard player Mikael Rosengren and guitar player Goran Engvall. The two friends came together in 2017 to write a true melodic rock album, inspired by all their heroes from the 70’s and 80’s, but with a fresh and updated sound. Fast guitars, heavy drums and great songs were their target, aiming for the likes of Whitesnake, Def Leppard and Van Halen.

Their 2018 debut “Higher and Higher” was such a breath of fresh air it gave the band strong recognition in a very competitive genre. The songs they had written were so powerful and full of melody that it left fans wanting more.

So here we have the follow up recording “Strangers” which sees the band escalate to new heights and features 10 tracks of superb melodic rock with outstanding vocal performances from Nina Soderquist and Stefan Nykvist. Songs filled with hooks, interesting arrangements and melodies to die for.

The song writing of Mikael and Goran is a match made in heaven and with a line up filled with high quality band members and superb guest performances from the likes of Mike Lavér (Dynazty), Eirikur Hauksson (Artch), Erik Mårtensson (Eclipse/WET) and Mats Leven (Malmsteen) “Strangers” can’t go wrong!

The album is produced, mixed and mastered by Fredrik Folkare (Eclipse / Unleashed), a guarantee itself for high quality and no compromises attitude, when it comes to groove, feel and power.

“Strangers” is one of those releases that have you hooked after just one play. Swedish melodic rock as it should be!

1.jpg

Release date: 20 November 2020
Catalogue No: ESM347 

The Band:
Nina Soderquist – Lead Vocals
Stefan Nykvist – Lead Vocals
Peter “Trumpeter” Svensson – Drums
Mikael Rosengren – Keyboards
Goran Engvall – Guitars, Bass, Backing Vocals & additional Keyboards.

Track listing: 
1- Strangers in the night  3:41
2- Line of Fire  3:32 
3- Amanda  3:47
4- Angels Cry Again  4:11
5- One Love  3:54
6- I’m Alive    3:39
7- Trial  4:24
8- One of us is Crying  3:42
9- Catcher in the Rye   3:16
10- Searching is over Now  4:45

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Nina Söderquist, great singer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i completely underestimated the album - totally awesome!
what a beautiful voice she has

One Of Us Is Crying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIfLwgfZnY

I'm Alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPbKr7gqgw

Trial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kYHx8oKp_o

Edited by rockingcobra

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, this pretty much takes off where the last one left off. Another good, nice sounding album. 'Trial' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are the best on the album for me, but there's quite a few keepers overall. 

I enjoyed the debut and this one makes a few slight improvements as the production seems a little better and vocals stand out more.  First track was just ok for me, but after that I thought the rest of the songs were all pretty good. 

Edited by Crazysam

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...