R.I.P Eddie Van Halen January 26, 1955 - October 6, 2020

whiplash1972

https://www.facebook.com/wolf.vanhalen.7

From Wolfgang Van Halen's FaceBook page:

I can’t believe I’m having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning. 

He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off stage was a gift. 

My heart is broken and I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover from this loss. 

I love you so much, Pop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am fucking heartbroken... no words right now. Fucking cancer... 

Mike

120728430_1264917183843476_8252901244325913510_o.jpg

• whiplash1972 changed the title to R.I.P Eddie Van Halen January 26, 1955 - October 6, 2020

I was reading it just minutes ago too. Im sure this will be a major story. He was an icon for several generations. I knew he had been sick but I did Not know it was this bad. Was I not up to date? Has it been Very serious for a long time? What a sad sad surprise for me and so many others. You will be missed Eddie. R.I.P. Brother. :(  https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2020-10-06/eddie-van-halen-guitar-dies-65 

Absolutely heartbreaking. I am speechless and gutted

• 2023 Gold Donors

This definitely caught me by surprise. A lot of the music we love just wouldn't exist without him and the influence he had on many, many others. There'll be a lot of VH being played all over the world today. 

I hope his passing gets the coverage it deserves in the media. R.I.P.

Wow, I too had no idea he was in this kind of state. Very sad, but what a life well lived.

As previously noted, not a massive fan of many VH tunes, but no doubting at all the influence and joy he gave to so many millions. Rest in peace. :(

Kind of had the feeling that he wasn't too good.
Dave had made some comments recently which kind of indicated that.
Sad. I always thought he got a lot of recognition, but it alwayskind of fell short of just how innovative and good he was.
Many musicians are propelled on to a pedastool way higher than they were entitlesd to after they die.
i wonder if Eddie will now be elevated to an extra (deserving) level.

I guess the Sammy vs Dave debate is kind of over now, seems a bit petty all of a sudden. :(