Alien - Into The Future (2020)

Aordave89

November 27th, 2020 Alien will release the album “Into the Future”. This record is taking the band from being merely an AOR band to more of a hard rock band with a heavier sound and more guitars. Creating “Into The Future” was really a journey back to the days of being free in a musical way to experiment with arrangement, sounds, melodies and just having a blast while doing it. Once again to the band's delight, Janet Morrison Minto has been a part of the lyrics writing and as always with great commitment. ALIEN is now Jim Jidhed, Tony Borg and Toby Tarrach (d). The album was recorded in various studios in Sweden incl. JM Studios in Gothenburg, Borg Music & Recording Studio in Stockholm, Music Family studio in Särö and Hope Studio in Gothenburg. The mix and mastering was handled by Erik Martensson (ECLIPSE) at Blowout Production in Sollerön.

Out November 27th 2020 via AOR Heaven. 

Looking forward to this one!

6AF5E972-31FE-45D0-920D-7D33133D3425.jpeg

All I recall about Alien was a most awesome cover of The Air That I Breathe

But for sure I like the sound of the song above.
Close your eyes and listen to it and you can't help but imagine a 25 year old kid singing. still has a youthful voice.

Pretty much the same as you guys - Debut is excellent but not much happening after that. Jim’s vocals still hold up really well and that track sounds promising. With Martensson mastering you know it should sound good also.

• 3 weeks later...

Like the beat/tone of that track...very funky...but is it just me but I cant understand a word of those first few lines until the bridge before the chorus? nice song though

Am I sensing no love for 'Shiftin' Gear?' Very fine album, imo. The 1989 s/t album (actually their second album, and I never heard the debut - which does have mostly the same songs) is definitely their finest moment, but I'm also a big fan of 'Shiftin' Gear.' After that it's rubbish, but they do have two good albums. 

Anyway, I don't mind this new sound. Don't really like that tune, but I quite like the sound/style and will definitely look forward to this album. Still plenty of potential there...  

• 4 weeks later...

So I listened to this and it's pretty bland on teh first listen.
Only real stand out was the last song, because it's a slow ballad and suits the bland vibe.
Hopefully will get better with more listens...

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, this album didn't do much for me at all. I liked the beefier sound - it was a good idea. Sadly, the songs suffered heavily at the expense of some balls. The only benefit to so many weak, bland hard rock songs is that the diamond in the rough stands out even more. I was asking myself this recently, wondering if sometimes, are fillers used as a tool to highlight good songs?

If you put three shit, dull and bland songs on an album in a row, then naturally, if you record something good it's going to sound even better than if there'd been three good songs to precede it. So, therefore, your good song sounds even better than it probably is? A scheme for some? Nope, probably not. But either way, 'Time is right' is the only good song on the album for me. I must admit, 'Freedom Wind' is half decent too, but still no keeper. 

• Like 1