Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been going through a 60s music phase. I discovered The Outsiders (Girl In Love!!!!!!!!!), The Beatles are obviously included, For What It's Worth, Runaway, I'm Not Your Stepping Stone, California Dreamin', Charade & Two For The Road by Henry Mancini (instrumental versions) Audrey's Moon River and there's more, but those are just some. 

Just wanted to share that 

What's your favorite 60s song(s)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one Stones song that I can say I like and that's Beast of Burden. But my family isn't a stones fan, and that's pretty much unanimously 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hendrix's Purple Haze, Who's My Generation, Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love

Edited by Doggy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

I love 60s music and 50s music, for that matter.

I've mentioned before how I was very lucky to grow up in a household where music was always playing in some form. I was listening to this stuff before I started school. 

You've got me reminiscing, so I've gone a bit overboard with the clips, but I love every one. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

This is of course, the tip of the iceberg. It was a very rich decade and I haven't even started with the great 50s tunes.

Back then, image was a bonus, but it was predominantly about the talent. Nowadays, talent is a bonus, but it's predominantly about the image.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

There are so many good artists from the 60s. Can't forget The Beach Boys. They had some of the most sing-a-long-able songs ever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I love 60s music and 50s music, for that matter.

I've mentioned before how I was very lucky to grow up in a household where music was always playing in some form. I was listening to this stuff before I started school. 

You've got me reminiscing, so I've gone a bit overboard with the clips, but I love every one. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

This is of course, the tip of the iceberg. It was a very rich decade and I haven't even started with the great 50s tunes.

Back then, image was a bonus, but it was predominantly about the talent. Nowadays, talent is a bonus, but it's predominantly about the image.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love Runaway! Blue Velvet is a good song too. Have you listened to The Outsiders? They're awesome! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
10 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

I love Runaway! Blue Velvet is a good song too. Have you listened to The Outsiders? They're awesome! 

I'm pretty well versed in 60s music, but I don't think I've ever heard of those guys. Any tracks I may recognize? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I'm pretty well versed in 60s music, but I don't think I've ever heard of those guys. Any tracks I may recognize? 

These are their three most popular 

They're not very well known 

Girl In Love, Respectable and Since I Lost My Baby are my favorites. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, PetraGirl86 said:

These are their three most popular 

They're not very well known 

Girl In Love, Respectable and Since I Lost My Baby are my favorites. 

 

Nup, never heard of 'em.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I love 60s music and 50s music, for that matter.

I've mentioned before how I was very lucky to grow up in a household where music was always playing in some form. I was listening to this stuff before I started school. 

You've got me reminiscing, so I've gone a bit overboard with the clips, but I love every one. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand.

This is of course, the tip of the iceberg. It was a very rich decade and I haven't even started with the great 50s tunes.

Back then, image was a bonus, but it was predominantly about the talent. Nowadays, talent is a bonus, but it's predominantly about the image.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Come on admitted they from your collection.

Somebody close to home Ricky Nelson, the father of Gunner & Matthew

Edited by Doggy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
22 minutes ago, Doggy said:

Come on admitted they from your collection.

Somebody close to home Ricky Nelson, the father of Gunner & Matthew

I'll gladly "admit" they're from my collection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2020 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

There are so many good artists from the 60s. Can't forget The Beach Boys. They had some of the most sing-a-long-able songs ever. 

60s "Surf Rock" is killer. 

Dick Dale kicks arse!

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.