Palace - Rock And Roll Radio

Stefan

• My Little Pony

Fuckin' stuperb (I'm making this a word) album!! Holy shit! This could be a sneaky contender for album of the year. I didn't hear a song I disliked. 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Fuckin' stuperb (I'm making this a word) album!! Holy shit! This could be a sneaky contender for album of the year. I didn't hear a song I disliked. 

100% agree! Easily their strongest and a fresh AOR pop sounding release. 

13 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Not to be pedantic, but the word exists, but not a combination of stupendous + superb, but rather stupid + superb... something that is idiotic yet wonderful.

For example, a 6-pound bacon cheeseburger would be stuperb.

Originally coined by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stuperb

I've got the video of that episode but couldn't find a clip anywhere online.

Jizzingly good in my humble Swedish Melodic Cheeserocky opinion.

Not bad after a few listens.  Wish there were a few more tunes with a little more edge like Hot Steel.  I know that's not what this is going for though.

I can see 3-4 tunes here making my playlist...probably Way Up Here, Hot Steel, Orgin of Love.  

If you enjoy the Kenny releases from H.E.A.T this one is for you...just much better production. 

Can’t stop listening to it. Is it complicated or adventurous...nope. Is it pure ear candy...damn right! 

10 of the 12 tracks are a score of at least 9 out of 10 for me. 

A top 10 for this year...2020 is turning out to be a great year for my ears and the singles I’ve heard are getting me excited for 2021. 

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not to be pedantic, but the word exists, but not a combination of stupendous + superb, but rather stupid + superb... something that is idiotic yet wonderful.

For example, a 6-pound bacon cheeseburger would be stuperb.

Originally coined by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stuperb

I've got the video of that episode but couldn't find a clip anywhere online.

Killjoy over here. 

;}

I'm with Karpetass and Dave on this one. 

Holy shit. I'll be honest, I pretty much wrote this project off after that second album. Steaming heap that went in an ear, quickly left it and I don't wish to have anything more to do with it. Couldn't gather much interest in this, pre-release, but my word have they (he?) put me in my place. Some absolute bliss on this one. 

Songs like 'Way up Here,' 'Eleanora' and 'Origin of Love' are easily amongst the best I've heard this year. Not every song is quite that awesome, but like Karpetass says, nothing too weak on it. 'Strictly by the Rules' and 'My gray cloud' aren't exactly great, but they're not bad for fillers. The rest are great, though. 

Just a real nice comeback release after a really disappointing second album. Well done, lad. Should skyrocket well into my top 5 with ease.