Unruly Child - Our Glass House

Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Unruly Child - Our Glass House
  • 3 weeks later...

New video for 'Poison Ivy'.

From Frontiers:

Melodic rock heroes Unruly Child return with their new album “Our Glass House” on December 4, 2020. The group, in its constant state of evolution, has generated an exciting new album reflecting its musical roots in contemporary and classic rock. For long-time fans of the band, this is a crucial entry in the Unruly Child discography and for melodic rock fans unfamiliar with the band, this is a wonderful entry point.

After disbanding around 1993, the legendary melodic hard rock quintet Unruly Child reunited to produce a brand new album for Frontiers Records in 2010, with subsequent releases following in 2014, 2017, and 2019. Marcie Michelle Free (vocalist - King Kobra, Signal), Bruce Gowdy (guitarist - Stone Fury, World Trade), and Guy Allison (keyboardist - Lodgic, World Trade, Doobie Brothers) are now back together again for their new album, “Our Glass House”. Joined by legendary fretless bass player Tony Franklin (ex-Blue Murder, The Firm) on bass, Unruly Child have written and recorded a stunning new album that continues the hot streak they have been on. The album is going to be nothing short of a true delight for all AOR/Melodic Rock lovers!

Since the initial release of the critically acclaimed "Unruly Child", the band continued to release music through other projects. Marcie Michelle Free is one of the finest singers of the melodic rock genre. She first released a solo record as Mark Free, entitled “Long Way From Love,” in 1993 and then another solo record as Marcie Free, “Tormented” in 1996. Guitarist Bruce Gowdy and keyboardist Guy Allison were also quite busy over the years. They produced two more Unruly Child records without Free and participated on another World Trade album with drummer Jay Schellen. They have also pursued other projects and their reputation as writers, performers, and arrangers is second to none with their experience of working with the likes of Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple), Bobby Kimball (Toto), Doobie Brothers, Boz Scaggs, Air Supply, and The Moody Blues.

Melodic rock fans can rejoice knowing that Unruly Child continue their current hot streak with the release of “Our Glass House”!

Tracklist:

1. Poison Ivy

2. Say What You Want

3. Our Glass House

4. Everyone Loves You When You’re Dead

5. Talked You Out Of Loving Me

6. Underwater

7. Catch Up To Yesterday

8. Freedom Is A Fight

9. The Wooden Monster

10. Here To Stay

11. To Be Your Everything 2020

12. Let’s Talk About Love 2020

Line-up:

Marcie Free – Vocals

Bruce Gowdy - Guitars, keyboards, vocals

Guy Allison - Keyboards, percussion, vocals

Tony Franklin – Bass

Unruly Child - Drums

facebook

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Wow, that sounds awful.  Not the song itself - the recording.  Like...muddy.  And that they used terrible equipment or something.  

Yup. Sounds like the poor production on Can't Go Home. :(

Another brilliant Frontiers production LOL. Totally unlistenable, just like its predecessor. 

How does this keep happening, anyway? The average Bandcamp solo project sounds better these days. 

2 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Another brilliant Frontiers production LOL. Totally unlistenable, just like its predecessor. 

How does this keep happening, anyway? The average Bandcamp solo project sounds better these days. 

Yeah, how DOES that keep happening?  All the instruments go straight into a computer.  Ditto for the voice.  So how do you get a recording that sounds like everyone is 50 feet from a cassette recorder from 1983?

Edited by Tabe

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lettard said:

Production aside , for me I think this is the best of their comeback albums song wise anyway , don't ever think we'll get that debut feel again.

About to be spun this evening.

This is a really good release. Much better than I expected.

Not near the perfection of the debut but this is probably close in line with World's Collide.

Some tasty guitar work throughout. More guitar oriented album. 

Not a Top 10 threat but a solid disc. Top picks: Talked You Out Of Loving Me, Underwater, The Wooden Monster, Poison Ivy, and Everyone Loves You When You'e Dead.

Initial rating: 76%

• Like 1

Enjoying this one, not a patch on the incredible debut (Never was going to be), but a good album. 
With better production I think I’d rate it even more. 
Say What You Want, Everyone Loves You When You’re Dead and Talked You Out Of Lovin Me are great tracks. 
As AlphaMale rightly said this is more guitar driven and I’m 100% okay with that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

DO NOT listen to the redos of To Be Your Everything and Let's Talk About Love.

Fucking terrible!

Agreed

Another of those moments in music filed firmly under "WHY?"