Patty Smyth - It’s About Time (2020)

Aordave89

New album to be released 9th October. Only 6 new songs plus 2 covers (One has been re-recorded from her solo debut).

1. Drive 4:26
2. Build A Fire 3:39
3. Losing Things 3:02
4. No One Gets What They Want 4:13
5. Only One 3:08
6. I'm Gonna Get There 3:43
7. Downtown Train 4:47
8. Ode To Billie Joe 5:21

Really enjoying the first 2 singles especially Build A Fire - Great uptempo Rock/Pop song. Both remind me of a modern day Romeos Daughter.. Always a good thing.

B18D5F1D-1724-4E62-AAA1-90C3838C8A28.thumb.jpeg.6c8ba1a520d9915d43133de939296ed4.jpeg

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've always loved Patty Smyth. "The Warrior" is one of my favourite songs ever and "Goobye To You" is pure 80s. I'll have to check this and her other solo work out.

Also, having watched the new videos, I think after all this time I would still give her one. I'm a sentimental guy at heart.

Edited by Darkstone

The Warrior is also one of my fav of all time, I think anyone who claims to be a fan of awesome well crafted pop rock songs is a fucking liar and wanker if they claim not to like that song, and I have rubbed a few out to her over the years, John McEnroe is a very lucky man to get to go home every night to a set like that, I'm speaking of course of her pipes, phenomenal voice she has.

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

The Warrior is also one of my fav of all time, I think anyone who claims to be a fan of awesome well crafted pop rock songs is a fucking liar and wanker if they claim not to like that song, and I have rubbed a few out to her over the years, John McEnroe is a very lucky man to get to go home every night to a set like that, I'm speaking of course of her pipes, phenomenal voice she has.

Really? She's married to John McEnroe? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

Never knew that.

6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Really? She's married to John McEnroe? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

Never knew that.

Yep, what a fucky lucker

On 9/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, Leykis101 said:

Yep, what a fucky lucker

Nice songs. Obviously not in the same league as the 80's stuff, but well crafted and she still sings very well.

It goes without say that fap worthy is a definitive.

AND if "Fucky Lucker" isn't the best band name not yet used I am unsure what is. I mean seriously could you se that in the Maiden or Leppard font?

• Haha 1

Dont steal that, I might use it, good call Terry

or Snelly Smatch