Spotify

tts42572

I've been a big resister of Spotify in the past but after just getting my first new car without a CD player, decided I'd give the premium a try.  Basically, decided to dump Sirius that I never listen to anymore and use that money toward spotify instead.

And man, gotta say I'm loving it and I'm like a kid in a candy store.  It's awesome having so much music right at your fingertips and the ability to easily make any playlist you desire.  And I think one thing I'm really liking is that it's making it easier to discover new music.  I've been just playing H.E.A.T radio which is a playlist generated by spotify and it plays a lot of H.E.A.T and artists similar to them.  I've heard quite a few tunes already from bands I hadn't paid attention to that I dig and had never listened to before.

Yeah, I know this has been around and I'm probably about 5 years behind the times lol.  Better late than never I guess ;)

Granted, the quality might not be quite as good as CD's.  But it still sounds good enough to my ears after selecting high quality streams in the settings.

I do still prefer physical products and might still buy a couple CD's a year for albums I really have to have to support some artists.  But on the flip side, I rarely will sit down at home and pop a CD in to listen to as most of my listening happens on the go in my car, outside at home or at work.  So not sure how much sense it even makes to buy them to just have them sit on my shelf.

Just had to toss it out there.  If you've made any good spotify playlists you'd like to share, dump them in this thread. 

I'm not the type of person to be able to pick the difference in sound quality so much.

It's either shit or good.

I have a tonne of CD's and it's time to dump them.
I NEVER plug in a CD.
In fact music on these is the least listened, I relaly only listen to stuff on my hard drive, which then goes in to a USB to use in my car.
or at times I use spotify as well.
I still like the making of a mix. Old school. Boomer, whatever.

Really need a CD burner, as CD's are so outdated now my latest computer didn't come with a player lol
So when I am able to (covid) I'll get to the shops and buy one and start ripping.

Also need a new keyboard, a chromecast, and new speakers for my work computer.
None of this I can get at the moment, because all retail shops have been closed for the last 6 weeks.
Not the types of things I like to buy online...

• My Little Pony

I have a love/hate relationship with it. 

It's made discovering new music so much easier. You may have noticed it's started creating Daily Mixes for you based on the artists you listen to. Now for you that might only be two or three, but you can get a total of six, and they're auto-generated but customised to your listening habits. And then there's the Discover Weekly playlist, which is not as good, for me anyway.

What pisses me off the most about Spotify are all the holes, and there are many, within the genre we love. New music? Yeah, that'll likely all be there. But the old stuff? There are so many bands with half of their catalogue missing, or songs on their albums being unplayable. It really annoys me, because I can't fully commit to one format. I still need to bring my DAP with me, or some CDs. 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, tts42572 said:

I've been a big resister of Spotify in the past but after just getting my first new car without a CD player, decided I'd give the premium a try.  Basically, decided to dump Sirius that I never listen to anymore and use that money toward spotify instead.

And man, gotta say I'm loving it and I'm like a kid in a candy store.  It's awesome having so much music right at your fingertips and the ability to easily make any playlist you desire.  And I think one thing I'm really liking is that it's making it easier to discover new music.  I've been just playing H.E.A.T radio which is a playlist generated by spotify and it plays a lot of H.E.A.T and artists similar to them.  I've heard quite a few tunes already from bands I hadn't paid attention to that I dig and had never listened to before.

Yeah, I know this has been around and I'm probably about 5 years behind the times lol.  Better late than never I guess ;)

Granted, the quality might not be quite as good as CD's.  But it still sounds good enough to my ears after selecting high quality streams in the settings.

I do still prefer physical products and might still buy a couple CD's a year for albums I really have to have to support some artists.  But on the flip side, I rarely will sit down at home and pop a CD in to listen to as most of my listening happens on the go in my car, outside at home or at work.  So not sure how much sense it even makes to buy them to just have them sit on my shelf.

Just had to toss it out there.  If you've made any good spotify playlists you'd like to share, dump them in this thread. 

I don't know if you notice but i have been building a massive playlist and you can check out my Spotify playlist thread and perhaps you can follow and check out what I've been missing.

One playlist can accommodate up to 10k songs and so far from 4 playlists, I managed to add around 4-5K songs I guess and will keep adding one by one

I still keep around 1500+ CDs at home and there are still hundreds great albums that's not available so will slowly sell and downsize to maybe around 500 CDs. Intend to do that just for the sake of portability

19 hours ago, Nightrain said:

I don't know if you notice but i have been building a massive playlist and you can check out my Spotify playlist thread and perhaps you can follow and check out what I've been missing.

One playlist can accommodate up to 10k songs and so far from 4 playlists, I managed to add around 4-5K songs I guess and will keep adding one by one

I still keep around 1500+ CDs at home and there are still hundreds great albums that's not available so will slowly sell and downsize to maybe around 500 CDs. Intend to do that just for the sake of portability

Do you have a link to thread with your playlists?  I've also been building some playlists.

Also been unloading some CDs as it seems pointless to keep many i havent listened to in years.

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Do you have a link to thread with your playlists?  I've also been building some playlists.

Also been unloading some CDs as it seems pointless to keep many i havent listened to in years.