Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: Killer Dwarfs - "Big Deal" (1988)

AlphaMale

I remember like it was yesterday. I'm at Glen Burnie mall in Maryland. I'm at a record and tape shop called Record Bar. I'm shopping for a fresh batch of tapes. Some irritating Euro-Pop is on the in-store radio. Thankfully, somebody with better music taste starts playing something. From the opening riffs. I am already walking towards the front of the store. In the plastic "Now Playing" box on the counter, I see it....... KILLER DWARFS....... I'm like no way. I'd heard of them but hadn't actually heard their debut or Stand Tall. This was album #3 "Big Deal".

And holy fuckballs, this tape literally got played multiple times everyday. Great songs, great vocals, great production...... loud, crisp, clear and so good.

One of my desert island picks.

These are all amazing!

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

Yeah Stand Tall & Big Deal are very good albums but its Dirty Weapons for me too,all top releases,remember hearing "We Stand Alone" on MTV and then I got to see these guys supporting Iron Maiden,so at the time this was my favourite release from em.