Jump to content

Cats In Space - Atlantis


Recommended Posts

Mine arrived today along with my Atlantis t-shirt...brilliant disc really enjoying it..it was the release this year that  I was most excited about and it hasn't let me down  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had a sneaky listen...you're in for a treat...guaranteed

New song 'I Fell Out Of Love With Rock 'n' Roil'.    

Got my package at the weekend and have been listening to it's tasty treats since then. The 'Echo Zoo Session' cd is really good too and a nice accompaniment. The actual 'Atlantis' album is absolutely

20 hours ago, lettard said:

Mine arrived today along with my Atlantis t-shirt...brilliant disc really enjoying it..it was the release this year that  I was most excited about and it hasn't let me down  :)

I think it gets better and better with subsequent listens. So much going on all over the place...it's probably their most rocking album too, which is no bad thing in my book . 'Dive/Spaceship Superstar' is a brilliant 7 minutes to open the album, 'Revolution' and 'Queen Of The Neverland' continue in a tougher vein, then there is the AOR'tastic 'Listen To The Radio' and the majestic pomp rock of 'Marionettes' and the lighter moments like 'Can't Wait For Tomorrow' and the fabulous title track to finish things off.  As has been mentioned, the weakest track is the single 'I Fell Out Of Love...' although it is in no way a bad song, but not quite up to the standard of what has gone before or follows.  Loads to get your teeth into and lots of nice surprises   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jez said:

I think it gets better and better with subsequent listens. So much going on all over the place...it's probably their most rocking album too, which is no bad thing in my book . 'Dive/Spaceship Superstar' is a brilliant 7 minutes to open the album, 'Revolution' and 'Queen Of The Neverland' continue in a tougher vein, then there is the AOR'tastic 'Listen To The Radio' and the majestic pomp rock of 'Marionettes' and the lighter moments like 'Can't Wait For Tomorrow' and the fabulous title track to finish things off.  As has been mentioned, the weakest track is the single 'I Fell Out Of Love...' although it is in no way a bad song, but not quite up to the standard of what has gone before or follows.  Loads to get your teeth into and lots of nice surprises   

I'm kinda new to them. I slagged them as a NFO sound-a-like. But for some odd reason, I tried out Too Many Gods. Had no idea how good it was gonna be. Holy shit. I have slowly been digesting their second album. Not quite as instant as the first, but I like it a lot.

I am stoked to hear this may be better than Too Many Gods!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm kinda new to them. I slagged them as a NFO sound-a-like. But for some odd reason, I tried out Too Many Gods. Had no idea how good it was gonna be. Holy shit. I have slowly been digesting their second album. Not quite as instant as the first, but I like it a lot.

I am stoked to hear this may be better than Too Many Gods!

Scarecrow is their weakest for me, with only 8 keepers :)

Daytrip To Narnia is also amazing, pretty sure EVERY song on that was a keeperf or me, very rare feat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Scarecrow is their weakest for me, with only 8 keepers :)

Daytrip To Narnia is also amazing, pretty sure EVERY song on that was a keeperf or me, very rare feat.

Daytrip is next in line. Skipping the live and xmas album for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Live is just a live album.
Xmas was good, but not great, the main song is good and will be played soon.

There is some challenging stuff on Narnia for some
Tragic Alter Ego
Thunder In The Night
One Small Step
Destination Unknown

Of all the songs She Talks Too MUch took me the longest to get into.
Unicorn is an instant killer
Not sure of the inspiration behind Silver And Gold but I always think of Kiss when I hear it
Hologram Man is also a cool song lyrically.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Live is just a live album.
Xmas was good, but not great, the main song is good and will be played soon.

There is some challenging stuff on Narnia for some
Tragic Alter Ego
Thunder In The Night
One Small Step
Destination Unknown

Of all the songs She Talks Too MUch took me the longest to get into.
Unicorn is an instant killer
Not sure of the inspiration behind Silver And Gold but I always think of Kiss when I hear it
Hologram Man is also a cool song lyrically.
 

thunder in the Night is great

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every release has a handful of great tracks. Atlantis seems to have more than a handful. Love the crunchiness of the guitars and the to the point tunes. I think this might be their best all around release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotify is messed with this release a handful of tracks are cut in half...not full length. The disc is 50 minutes yet only 35 minutes of music on Spotify. I hope they fix that asap

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

Spotify is messed with this release a handful of tracks are cut in half...not full length. The disc is 50 minutes yet only 35 minutes of music on Spotify. I hope they fix that asap

oh yeah. how weird!! my disc is due to arrive Tues I think so will probably wait til then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Glen said:

oh yeah. how weird!! my disc is due to arrive Tues I think so will probably wait til then. 

I'm trying to hold out too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding out until the wedding night is what we were instructed as kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen that before on Spotify - says full album available soon. it's not clear if they've held in back or there's been an error uploading it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate threads like this.
My expectations for this are so high they will certainly drop when I hear it.
Then afetr more listens it will surge I;m sure, but there is no way it can come close to what i am expecting lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Glen said:

I've never seen that before on Spotify - says full album available soon. it's not clear if they've held in back or there's been an error uploading it 

It’s been fixed now...every fantastic second is now there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zacharyamelie said:

It’s been fixed now...every fantastic second is now there. 

it's not fixed :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Holding out until the wedding night is what we were instructed as kids. 

And obviously ignored by you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great album, my favs at the minute are Spaceship Superstar , Listen To The Radio & Queen Of The Neverland , but the whole thing is just class, love it  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lettard said:

Great album, my favs at the minute are Spaceship Superstar , Listen To The Radio & Queen Of The Neverland , but the whole thing is just class, love it  :)

seasons change is also v good 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen said:

this album is superb.

that is all

I agree. The more rocking guitars suit them well. This is year's best for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.