Brighton Rock singer, Gerry McGhee passes away

Captain Howdy

From Facebook

On behalf of Brighton Rock, Stevie Skreebs:
In the beginning we started this band to fulfill a Dream We shared together, along the way we grew into a Family, A True Band of Brothers.
On Tuesday August 25 2020 our singer Gerry McGhee was sadly taken from us. In Gerry's
final days He wanted to express His Thanks and Gratitude to everyone whoever worked with Brighton Rock, and to all of Our Fans who helped us Fullfill Our dreams.
On behalf of Greg, John, Mark and Myself, Brighton Rock will never again take the stage together, Gerry Your spirit will live on forever.
Thanks for the memories and for Rocking us all, with All of Our Love Gerry,
RIP
118227212_3106833489415778_7915927494323
Edited by Captain Howdy

• Captain Howdy changed the title to Brighton Rock singer, Gerry McGhee passes away

RIP Gerald. A class act man. A class act band. The music he created within Brighton Rock still gives me goosebumps and he had one of the most recognizable voices on the planet. I feel very fortunate to have seen them play live for the first time in 2017. Gerald addressed the crowd immediately after belting out a flawless version of One More Try; "I bet you all were saying, I wonder if he can still hit those high notes?" Yup. Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just hearing about this now... This one really sucks for me as I love Brighton Rock.  Young, Wild & Free is such an awesome album, and the two after were very good as well.  

It's all starting to hit home for me as all the members of my favorite 80's rock bands are well into their 50's now.  Seems like just yesterday it was 1986 and I was 18 years-old.  My have we've all grown old.