Great White once again making the news but not for their music

Once again Great White is making news that has nothing to do with music. 

B661FA63-53D3-4F2C-9596-EE5264995EA2.jpeg

Edited by zacharyamelie

Yeah, Ron Young ripped into them of Facebook.

Talked about the fire and how he advised that they shouldn't have pyro eyc>
I'll see if I can find what he said.
Interesting, and ballsy to put it out like he did.

Ron Young quotes...

After setting their fans on fire, and then subjecting them to the Corona Virus, Great White announce their "Only The Strong Survive Tour" where the VIP package comes with a rabid, exploding Weasel.

Dan was a great Tour Manager with tons of respect and experience. He took the fall for these guys because he was the one that ignited it. He came to me and told me they planned to use it and I told him No as he didn't have a licensed pyro tech to do it, didn't have the fire blanket or the required dedicated extinguishers to plan for the worse. Because they couldn't afford the tech or the proper pyro for indoor, they made a tragic error in judgement. Because Dan was so experienced and knew that the things I mentioned weren't present and triggered it, he took the fall when the band knew damn well it was mickey mouse operation. they want an arena show in a club and people died for that ego bullshit. They got lucky on all those other nights. Then when they pulled it off in a venue that was old, low ceiling and didn't tell anyone, a tragedy occurred. It was only a matter of time. Even when I told them they couldn't do it, they still set it up. Good thing I'm a cynical douchebag that knew they were arrogant and waited. Pulled their cheap ass pyro off the stage and threw it in the parking lot out the load out door. Fuckers.

Too soon for what?....calling them out. My friend who was the Tour Manager who took the fall for when they burned down that club begs to differ. Read my other response. They knew EXACTLY how dangerous their shitty, low rent pyro was during their first calamity that wasn't meant for indoor use being set off by amateurs. They went for the money play again and used bad judgement once more....so no....it's not "too soon"....it's actually too late.

Like so many artists who have done some bad shit...you can love their art and dislike them as humans. But we need to call things what they are. Of all bands to be subjecting folks to danger...no matter what your take on this Virus....they shouldn't be one of the first ones back out there. Not when I know so many guys who are starving, staying off the road for the safety of their fans and band members.

After setting their fans on fire, and then subjecting them to the Corona Virus, Great White announce their "Only The Strong Survive Tour" where the VIP package comes with a rabid, exploding Weasel.

Edited by CureTheSane