Sign in to follow this  
Leykis101

Fire

I just barely heard the 4 track demo from the American band(how many are there) named Fire? I was instantly smashed by the lead off track, Never Run, the 3 other tracks following it fucking kicked ass, my big question is how did this band never land a mother fucking deal? based on this demo alone, who would've put this demo on, at any label, and finished listening to all 4 tracks before having the band on the phone to come sign the papers, It really just blows my mind, of all the shit out in 1987, this track alone still holds up, I'm just glad I finally discovered it, and really wonder what was missed as a result of them never being signed? bothers me, anyways, im sure everyone already knows this album, but if not, if your slow like me, heres the song that I would've signed them with, plus I would've had them re-record all 4 of those songs, they are all top tier shit.

• Thanks 1

That's great stuff mate. Thanks for sharing. I, for one was certainly not aware of this. I'll be sourcing that EP immediately! Jackie Ramos from "Bangalore Choir", "Hericane Alice", etc involved also. Nice discovery.

I recall stumbling across and downloading the Fire demo years ago, really cool 4 track set and a long lost gem.  That track 'Never Run' is my fave of their songs.  I think I had originally heard that tune on one of those unsigned L.A. band compilations back in the day.  Not sure of all the details but from what I recall reading, Michael Guy and Tom Rucci had left Shark Island.  And the lead singer had been in bands in New York area before moving to L.A. Michael Wagener was involved with recording of the demo.  And the band shopped it around to the labels, but unfortunately never landed a deal and split not long after. 

Edited by Crazysam

Yeah, this is really good stuff. I found another two tracks on youtube, but I can't find "Lonely Street". What a waste.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Thanks mate. I don't know why I was having trouble finding it.

Jessie, the singer, has done 4 solo albums. Last and recent one was in 2017.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Thanks mate. I don't know why I was having trouble finding it.

Cause there wasn't one, I had to upload and put it on my channel, don't know what the deal is with nobody having that track, thats the second best track.

2 hours ago, Doggy said:

Jessie, the singer, has done 4 solo albums. Last and recent one was in 2017.

Yes, I listened to them, not really like this though, I would like to hear the band she was in before this one, im gonna go look for it.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Cause there wasn't one, I had to upload and put it on my channel, don't know what the deal is with nobody having that track, thats the second best track.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Yes, I listened to them, not really like this though, I would like to hear the band she was in before this one, im gonna go look for it.

The "Actor" self titled 6 track EP is on youtube. 

• Like 1