Boys From Heaven - The Great Discovery

Stefan

cats-1.jpg?w=1024

I can hear some Toto influences.

Press release:

If there is one band riding the wave of the 80’s comeback in music, it is Danish rock group Boys From Heaven. Their first single from the band’s long-awaited debut album, ”The Great Discovery” (to be released later this year), comes lathered with unforgettable saxophone hooks, soaring guitar riffs, and lead vocals that could give many an AOR singer a run for their money.

It is a purebred summer hit, best suited to be blasted with the windows down and roof off. The production is best described as “the sound of the great eighties captured in the modern studio”.

Line-up:
Mads Noyé: keyboards
Mads Schaumann: guitar, vocals
Søren Viig: drums
Chris Catton: lead vocals
Esben Christensen: guitar
Jonas Klintström Larsen: saxophone
Andreas Valentin Berg: bass, vocals

facebook

Edited by Stefan

217a2867-d76b-43ad-9d1a-c522431a3a32.png

Press release from Target Records:

The spirit of the great eighties, captured in the modern studio. That is the essence of Danish rock group BOYS FROM HEAVEN. The band, captivated by the sound of the late seventies and early eighties – with stadium rockers like Toto and Journey – write, record and perform epic and grandiose rock music featuring the likes of lush vocal harmonies, wide piano, and synth hooks, fiery guitar solos and an oh-so-smooth alto saxophone. But the boys’ inspiration is not just confined to the era of reverb and Ray-Bans. Traces of the classic rock sound, pioneered by bands like The Who, are also present in the septet’s signature song DNA.

All this is encompassed in the band’s debut album, “The Great Discovery”. The band has decided to produce the album themselves, with lead vocalist Chris Catton spearheading the process as mixing engineer, and the results speak for themselves: a sound with the audacity of a record written in the 1980s, and the punch of an album produced in 2020.

Boys From Heaven is the best of both worlds: whimsical and witty, yet technically skilled. Rock’n’roll, yet soft and soulful. All this coming from a band only in their 20s.

The release of the EP “No Way! But Anyway”put Boys From Heaven on the map in 2017, and in the two years that have followed since the band has gone on to perform at several well-established venues and festivals, such as Musikhuset Posten in Odense and Kløften Festivalin Haderslev, as well as the one day festival Skodborg Parkrock, with over 3.000 festival-goers. There, the band performed alongside several famous artists, among others Danish rock giants Gnags. The boys also made it to the final of the Tak Rock Band Battle 2018, held at the esteemed DR Concert House in Copenhagen, and gathered massive plays in national Danish radio along the way. Come 2020 and, after a dominating performance at festival Nordic Noise 2020 – Streaming For Vengeance, the Boys From Heaven secured a record deal with Target Records, for the release of their debut album.

“The Great Discovery” will be released in digital, CD, and vinyl formats by Target Records (Mike Tramp, The Savage Rose) on October 23rd, 2020.

Tracklist:
01. The Ascent
02. Green Fields
03. Sunshine Soul
04. Burning Like A Flame
05. A Fool’s Hope
06. Keep On Movin’
07. Memory
08. Only Child
09. Convictions
10. Old Days
11. Don’t You Cry
12. Worlds Apart
13. Smile

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These guys don't sound too bad at all...may check em out but don't think they'll be a purchase cause its not really my thing...but then again I don't really wanna be searching google for boys from heaven...the band may be the last thing that comes up :P

Edited by lettard

Potential there, no doubt, but the tunes aren't really hooking me. I might give it a crack, but not sure it's designed for me. 

• 4 months later...