Stryper - Even The Devil Believes

Stefan

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

They really love that colour palette. 

I actually think this is one of their better album covers, but yeah, it's time to switch up the design next time around.

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

I actually think this is one of their better album covers, but yeah, it's time to switch up the design next time around.

The last three have all been great, but the colour scheme is very reminiscent of a similar trend in the Battlefield video game box art. 

It's not that I didn't like the last 3 discs...... they just all seem to be the same album released 3 times. A bit samey.

And with all the output from Michael Sweet lately and his douchebag behavior has really turned me off.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:43 AM, AlphaMale said:

sam winchester yawn GIF

Yep,

Also agree the songs all sound the same.

I lump them in with Maiden who continue to do what worked a long time ago, but are missing a lot of hooks and melodies.

I'll probably cop shit for that from Styrper and Maiden fans I guess.

Disclaimer - massive Maiden fan until Fear Of The Dark and Stryper to Believe on the greatest hits album.
After that I cn only pluck a few keepers from each band :(

First single shows the holy bumblebees are sticking to the metallic end of the spectrum this time around. Sweet has promised this will be a "metal" album. Not a bad song, but I'm hoping for better.

Edited by metalmaniac777
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

First single shows the holy bumblebees are sticking to the metallic end of the spectrum this time around. Sweet has promised this will be a "metal" album. Not a bad song, but I'm hoping for better.

New lyric video for 'Blood From Above'.

Samples up on iTunes. Won't convert any non-believers (lame pun fully intended) but the Stryper faithful should be happy enough.

Don't really honestly feel like checking this out. Up through against the law is great, but not really after that. Also, I can't stop laughing at "the holy bumblebees" 🤣 You sound like my sister when you say that 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New song ("Make Love Great Again") is OK in a filler sort of way and will probably go down fine with the Stryper faithful, but it's certainly not good enough to convert any nonbelievers (kinda-sorta pun fully intended).

Second song far better than the first, but agree with the sentiment in this thread. A lot of recycled material in recent times, but still worth a listen for the occasional keeper tune.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what you all are going on about.

This sounds right in line with anything they did back in 88' and if it was 1988 you'd all be jizzing all over each other for it.

The first and last song are my fave's of the lot thus far and the video is nice. Good to see they all, minus Gaines of course who's mia, are looking the part still.

And Geoff. C'mon broseph, "recycled"? Isn't that the point? Adhering to the recipe? We all rant about bands going off script, here the Stryper guys are doing TO Hell w/The Devil 2.0 and your squawking about it?

All that said will I be online to buy it straight away, no. That's not me anymore, but I liked it enough.