Jump to content

Lionville - Magic Is Alive


Recommended Posts

97480936_3030646796999537_51343692361094

 

From FB:

We’re thrilled to announce that our new single and video “Nothing Without You” will be out on June 5th 2020!

Every info about the new album will be released on the same day.

Save the date, the countdown has begun! 

 

Edited by Stefan
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid, safe... It'll be nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if Lars is singing it all it will be great. looking forward 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Tomorrow, the new video 'Nothing Without You' .

From Frontiers:

“Magic Is Alive“ is Lionville's fourth studio album, following the widely acclaimed “A World of Fools,” which was well received by melodic rock fans and critics alike in 2017. Melodic rock/AOR fans have always held Lionville in high regard and “Magic Is Alive” will do nothing to dissuade them from this line of thinking. Pardon the pun, but a truly ‘magic’-al release, Lionville once again prove why they are one of the leaders of the melodic rock movement.

Lionville was started in 2010 by Stefano Lionetti, a songwriter, singer and guitarist based in Genova, Italy and his brother Alessandro. Thanks to the incredible songs Stefano had managed to write, he got none other than Lars Säfsund (Work Of Art, Enbound) involved as the lead vocalist, which was a true coup for the band.

After two indie releases, in 2017 Lionville finally signed with the Frontiers label, who managed to give the band’s releases larger support and distribution for the band’s third album “A World of Fools.” Lionville also appeared live at Frontiers Rock Festival in 2017 and became one of the new highest profile projects dedicated to pure AOR on the entire Frontiers roster.

The new album is certainly going to excite all the melodic rock/AOR lovers out there. With a sound that draws strong influences from classic AOR acts such as TOTO, Richard Marx, Giant, Bad English, Survivor and Boulevard, “Magic Is Alive” shows the winning combination of strong songwriting, stellar musicianship, and of course magnificent lead vocals.

A must hear for all AOR and melodic rock fans!

 

102723711_3204654492905611_6185911035581

Tracklisting:
1. Nothing Without You
2. You're Not Alone
3. Runaway
4. Finally You're With Me
5. Every Little Thing (Leads Back To You)
6. If You Don't Know Me
7. Living With The Truth
8. Reaching For The Sky
9. I'll Never Give My Heart Away
10. Into The Night
11. Magic Is Alive

Line-up:
Stefano Lionetti - Guitars, Vocals, Keyboards
Lars Säfsund - Lead & Backing vocals
Michele Cusato - Guitars
Fabrizio Caria - Piano & Keyboards
Giulio Dagnino - Bass
Martino Malacrida - Drums

 

 

Edited by Stefan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very safe and not as good as WOA....been saying that since their first release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, Stefan said:

Tomorrow, the new video 'Nothing Without You' .

From Frontiers:

“Magic Is Alive“ is Lionville's fourth studio album, following the widely acclaimed “A World of Fools,” which was well received by melodic rock fans and critics alike in 2017. Melodic rock/AOR fans have always held Lionville in high regard and “Magic Is Alive” will do nothing to dissuade them from this line of thinking. Pardon the pun, but a truly ‘magic’-al release, Lionville once again prove why they are one of the leaders of the melodic rock movement.

Lionville was started in 2010 by Stefano Lionetti, a songwriter, singer and guitarist based in Genova, Italy and his brother Alessandro. Thanks to the incredible songs Stefano had managed to write, he got none other than Lars Säfsund (Work Of Art, Enbound) involved as the lead vocalist, which was a true coup for the band.

After two indie releases, in 2017 Lionville finally signed with the Frontiers label, who managed to give the band’s releases larger support and distribution for the band’s third album “A World of Fools.” Lionville also appeared live at Frontiers Rock Festival in 2017 and became one of the new highest profile projects dedicated to pure AOR on the entire Frontiers roster.

The new album is certainly going to excite all the melodic rock/AOR lovers out there. With a sound that draws strong influences from classic AOR acts such as TOTO, Richard Marx, Giant, Bad English, Survivor and Boulevard, “Magic Is Alive” shows the winning combination of strong songwriting, stellar musicianship, and of course magnificent lead vocals.

A must hear for all AOR and melodic rock fans!

 

102723711_3204654492905611_6185911035581

Tracklisting:
1. Nothing Without You
2. You're Not Alone
3. Runaway
4. Finally You're With Me
5. Every Little Thing (Leads Back To You)
6. If You Don't Know Me
7. Living With The Truth
8. Reaching For The Sky
9. I'll Never Give My Heart Away
10. Into The Night
11. Magic Is Alive

Line-up:
Stefano Lionetti - Guitars, Vocals, Keyboards
Lars Säfsund - Lead & Backing vocals
Michele Cusato - Guitars
Fabrizio Caria - Piano & Keyboards
Giulio Dagnino - Bass
Martino Malacrida - Drums

 

 

Love it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Very safe and not as good as WOA....been saying that since their first release. 

sounds exactly like WoA

could be off their last album.

love it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Glen said:

sounds exactly like WoA

could be off their last album.

love it

 

The keys and guitar work is nowhere near as good. It’s a good song but it would not be a standout track on the last WOA. Lars is the reason Lionville is good. 

Edited by zacharyamelie
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

The keys and guitar work is nowhere near as good. It’s a good song but it would not be a standout track on the last WOA. Lars is the reason Lionville is good. 

better than 90% of stuff this year imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t argue with that

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Glen said:

better than 90% of stuff this year imo

Low bar, but yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

that is absolutely marvellous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

The album came out and it’s good. The first 3 tracks are solid. The best track is the fifth one “Every Little Thing”. The second half has a few good tracks but too many average or Jazzy Westcoast ones that I’m not into. 
 

The voice and sound of WOA but not as good. The layers of sound and technicality that make WOA so special just aren’t the same with Lionville. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Harsh.

At least half this album is marvellous.

WoA is over so I'll take this very gratefully. 

So easily top 5 for me, even after 1 spin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent album and probably their best yet. The Jazzy Westcoast tracks are right up my street, so they are a big bonus on here for me.  Great stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites

First impression:

Not their best, but not their worst. I normally don't enjoy Lionetti vocal tracks but the last one is pretty cool. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one more as it grows on me, if for no other reason than Safsund singing a mediocre song into a good one (lyrics on "If You Don't Know Me" are pretty awful).

On 8/7/2020 at 3:17 PM, Glen said:

WoA is over so I'll take this very gratefully. 

ummmmmmm WHAT

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eric3 said:

First impression:

Not their best, but not their worst. I normally don't enjoy Lionetti vocal tracks but the last one is pretty cool. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one more as it grows on me, if for no other reason than Safsund singing a mediocre song into a good one (lyrics on "If You Don't Know Me" are pretty awful).

ummmmmmm WHAT

I think they said that would be their last album....but you never know.

All 4 WoA albums are genius imo.

however whilst not quite in the same league, I can't say I heard any mediocre songs on Lionville. They were all good to great , with at least 4 or 5 matching WoA excellence 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.