At The Movies - The Soundtrack Of Your Life Vol. 1

Stefan

AtTheMovies-696x542.jpg

Great stuff.

"What happens when you're in quarantine?
You watch a LOT of movies!
That's when Chris Laney realized how many fantastic soundtracks there are out there. After an online AW with Allan Sørensen, they decided to contact some friends to ask them to join in for some quarantine fun.

“No Easy Way Out” (Robert Tepper) From Rocky IV is first out and features members from bands like:
Soilwork, Hammerfall, King Diamond, Pretty Maids, The Night Flight Orchestra, Royal Hunt

Björn Speed Strid- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
Chris Laney- Guitars, Backing Vocals
Allan Sørensen- Drums
Morten Sandager- Keyboards
Pontus Egberg- Bass
Pontus Norgren- Solo guitar

“Maniac” (Michael Sembello) From Flashdance is the second track out, featuring members from:
Soilwork, Hammerfall, Pretty Maids, Mercenary, The Night Flight Orchestra, Royal Hunt, Therion, Kamelot, QFT

Linnéa Vikström Egg- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
Björn Speed Strid- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
Chris Laney- Guitars, Backing Vocals
Allan Sørensen- Drums
Morten Sandager- Keyboards
Andreas Passmark- Bass
Pontus Norgren- Solo guitar

Björn Strid : Vocals
Chris Laney: Guitars
Allan Sørensen: Drums
Morten Sandager: Keyboards
Pontus Norgren: Guitars
Pontus Egberg: Bass

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Very good,that's a great idea...maybe they'll take it further for our entertainment  :) I look forward to what they offer in week 4

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Does he post these on Facebook?

Don't know myself,i don't have facebook but he has been posting one every week on their youtube page

Very good. I like them all but I do think 'Maniac' must be entering territory where it should be banned from being covered for a decade or so. There are an obscene amount of rock covers of that song. 

7 hours ago, Glen said:

all great. My fav current vocalist 

Lol, I had no idea who he was but based purely on this comment it clicked that he must be the NFO guy.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:51 AM, Geoff said:

Very good. I like them all but I do think 'Maniac' must be entering territory where it should be banned from being covered for a decade or so. There are an obscene amount of rock covers of that song. 

lol. have you checked you tube for 'No Easy Way Out'  ??

it is insane how many covers of that song have been done. There must be 40 on there at least including the chipmonks :lol:

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

it is insane how many covers of that song have been done. There must be 40 on there at least including the chipmonks :lol:

I was close to mentioning that one too but it's such a cool song I let it slide. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Glen said:

I think that's a testament to how great the song is. The best way to hear it IMHO, is during the Rocky IV montage. It's not often a movie features a song in it's entirety. 

I just can’t stop staring at Strid’s Leafs jersey...I’m assuming it’s a Mats Sundin since he was the Swedish captain of the Leafs years ago. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, zacharyamelie said:

I just can’t stop staring at Strid’s Leafs jersey...I’m assuming it’s a Mats Sundin since he was the Swedish captain of the Leafs years ago. 

Haha. Me, too! I'm like why does he have a Maple Leaf's jersey? I mean, of all the Canadian teams he picks the worst one!