Vega - Grit Your Teeth

Stefan

Always been slightly on the fence with Vega. Each release so far has a solid 3-5 tracks and that’s about it for me. 
However I’m pleasantly surprised with this one, 2 spins in and really enjoying it. They seem to have upped their game and the production is better. Not bad at all! 

Even before Vega I liked some songs that Martin brothers wrote for other projects. But then I tried, listened on youtube or streams but it was too little to make me a fan or buy album, actually I found the singers voce a little annoying. So the other day after listening to some other songs, the youtube went on auto play and I took notica about some catchy chorus. It was Vega:Dont fool yourself.  And now the full album is here and I can hardly find a bad song on it, it is such joy to listen to it every day, hooks, very good production , more hard guitars than before and the vocals I learned to appreciate.    _Next step will be to  concentrat on their older work, if I will like it more now. A big surprise for me, but probably one of my top 5 albums of the year.

all their albums are great. This is no exception.

The first 3 or 4 songs are good but from track 5 it is absolutely stellar.

top job. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

all their albums are great. This is no exception.

The first 3 or 4 songs are good but from track 5 it is absolutely stellar.

top job. 

First 3 albums are the best imo but they don't have a weak link in their discography. Among modern AOR bands with the same tenure they're certainty up at the top.

I absolutely love "What The Hell" and "Stereo Messiah" hard to choose my fav between them,but as pointed out their discography is pretty flawless,from my point of view anyway  :)

• 1 month later...

Got around to this one and had a few spins.
Stand outs for me are

Grit Your Teeth
Man On A Mission
Consequence Of Having A Heart
Battles Ain't A War
Save Me From Myself
How We Live

Only songs I don't like that much are the first two and maybe the last one, wouldn't call them fillers, but just not for me.

Overall I really like it, as mentioned earlier, this is my first time listening to this band.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Got around to this one and had a few spins.
Stand outs for me are

Grit Your Teeth
Man On A Mission
Consequence Of Having A Heart
Battles Ain't A War
Save Me From Myself
How We Live

Only songs I don't like that much are the first two and maybe the last one, wouldn't call them fillers, but just not for me.

Overall I really like it, as mentioned earlier, this is my first time listening to this band.

If you liked this then you should check out the rest of their discography. You won't be disappointed. Awesome band.

Edited by Ponen

I'm a fan but this one is definitely the weakest so far. I truly love 'How We Live', a sensational track. I dig 'Don't Fool Yourself' as well but Glen are you sure it's the best of the bunch ? i think they got better songs off their discography.

'Save Me From Myself' and 'Done With Me' also deserved attentions, but the rest are just subpar compared to Vega's true quality, don't you guys think ?

2 hours ago, Nightrain said:

I'm a fan but this one is definitely the weakest so far. I truly love 'How We Live', a sensational track. I dig 'Don't Fool Yourself' as well but Glen are you sure it's the best of the bunch ? i think they got better songs off their discography.

'Save Me From Myself' and 'Done With Me' also deserved attentions, but the rest are just subpar compared to Vega's true quality, don't you guys think ?

Yep, pales in comparison to their other albums. Their debut, What The Hell and Stereo Messiah are the best imo.

8 hours ago, Nightrain said:

I think it's prob best on the album...not ever. 

The last few albums are no where near as good as the first 3. 

With that said, there are some really good songs on this. Cure has it about right above.

No real crap on it which is good. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...