Creye - II

Stefan

• My Little Pony
On 1/21/2021 at 9:51 PM, zacharyamelie said:

Way better than the garbage Jason Bieler release...only the singles were any good. 

So... not gonna land in your top 3?

;}

Honestly... this is better than the new W.E.T., imo. Maybe a song too long but it's way more consistent and many more of the melodies have stuck with me.

It's funny because I didn't think much of this band after their debut, but now I definitely have to revisit it.

What I like about this album: There are a lot of songs, so there's variety though they are not too far away from each other. The songs are pretty compact but they got everything they need. The vocals are great. Love all those key changes.

What I don't like about this album: Song no. 2.

Pretty cool surprise...

• My Little Pony

Creye is easily the best of the three albums released that day. This is gonna get a lot of attention from me this year. 

9 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Creye is easily the best of the three albums released that day. This is gonna get a lot of attention from me this year. 

Love the Creye but that WET album is getting better with every spin. Not even listened to Wig Wam yet but the first couple of singles sounded more like Ammunition to me than classic Wig Wam ( first 2 albums)

Have to say though that Art of Illusion is excellent. Such a great album.

very nice start to 2021

Good album, that improves on the debut.  Full of catchy tracks and the new vocalist is a nice fit.  As far as the three releases from that day, I find myself spinning the new Wig Wam and W.E.T. more often.  Creye leans a bit too much on the pop side at times and I thought the album could benefit from a little more diversity (a few tracks started to blur together). 

I think this is better than the first one for me. Like sam said,few tracks really sound quite similar to each other. They remind me bit of H.E.A.T (first two albums),but not quite as upbeat or rocking,more mid tempo. Also I can hear some Palace too. But still I dig this mostly,they do what they do well.

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Glen said:

Have to say though that Art of Illusion is excellent. Such a great album.

very nice start to 2021

It's not on the Spotifies, unfortunately, so I'll have to listen to it elsewhere. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Glen said:

it is - search the album title 

Ok, now when I search "Art of Illusion" the artist photo is the X Marks the Spot album cover. That was not the case a couple days ago. However, the album itself does not show up, so I'm guessing it's not available in Canada. 

After multiple listens this is indeed an excellent album which gets better with each spin. Production is spot on with many layers and effects, each listen I pick up on something new. All killer no filler as they say. Whilst they don’t re-invent the wheel, its fresh and modern with elements of multiple genres mixed in. Will be up there come year end I’m sure. 

If I was being over critical I would say the second half of the album has a very similar pace and a slight lack of variation. That being said, one hell of an album. 

Delicious album. Jeez I love that 'Broken Highway' opener. Absolutely nothing I don't like about this - it all works. As for comparisons to the other early releases, I have it just under WET (early days), above Wig Wam and well above Art Of Illusion. I'll search the forum, but anyone talking about the Mark Haze album? That's nice too. 

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Another Robert Mason post, but this time I really do feel a connection with it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my name is Dustin.  Everybody calls me Dusty, so when I saw the new Warrant album (Rockaholic) featured not only one of my favourite vocalists, but also included a track called Dusty's Revenge, I couldn't believe it. I then find out that it's a concept album about a "Rockaholic" called Dusty. For obvious reasons, I love this album. Here's a couple of tracks.      
    • Harpsichord.    I thought of it and it was random, so there you go.
    • From their FB page: Alcatrazz wish to make the following announcement: Back in late 2020 the brilliant Doogie White came in to help us out with our then already booked live dates after the departure of the previous vocalist (those dates were ultimately postponed to late 2021 due to the Covid lockdowns). We all had a GREAT time...and thus, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had made two fantastic albums and toured considerably in a nearly 4 year period. Now our schedule is getting busier and busier, as is Doogie's with his very fine solo work... and with that, the inevitable clashing of dates in our respective diaries, and needless to say, the impossibility of him being able to be in two places at one time. We remain on very very good terms with Doogie and cannot thank him enough for his contributions to the band, he is very welcome on our stage anytime, as are all past Alcatrazz alumni. Current Warlord vocalist and someone already known to many Alcatrazz fans (as co-producer and also contributing songwriter for Alcatrazz's past 3 albums) Giles Lavery will be stepping up for the 2024 live dates - and with that we will be reintroducing many songs from the Alcatrazz past, including some not played in many years. Giles's first show is 22nd of March in New Orleans, lets all make him feel welcome and please lets also give a massive thank you to our dear friend Doogie White for everything he gave to this band since 2020, he is a true pro and a great person! Doogie has a video message to the fans that we will share later today as well. Jimmy, Gary, Joe, Larry.
    • Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.