JAKKS – Scream [Japanese Edition] (2019)

AlphaMale

JAKKS-Scream-Japanese-Edition-front.jpg

from various internet feeds:

Formed in 2006, JAKKS is one of the few bands from South America still playing the kind of glammy melodic hard rock that rules the airwaves during the second half of the 80s.
“Scream” is their latest album with English lyrics / songs capturing the hooks and catchy choruses from a bygone era that never will die.

Jakks supported the likes of Vince Neil (Motley Crue), Tracii Guns (LA Guns), Bulletboys, Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks) to name few and in recent years played the LA club circuit (including the Whiskey A Go Go) like if time froze in 1987.

Rocking songs like ‘Screaming In The Midnight’, ‘Images And Words’, ‘Anger’ or ‘In The Darkness’ takes you back to glory days of the genre and while obviously influences abound – think Dokken or Cinderella to Poison and Firehouse – the guys add their own spin with a lot of attitude.

Of course they serve a solid power ballad in the form of ‘Only Your Love’ – none album in this genre is complete without it.

JAKKS-Scream-Japanese-Edition-back.jpg

Very well composed, arranged and produced, “Scream” is just another proof that Eighties glam metal / melodic hard rock is still alive and kickin’, and doesn’t matter its geolocation, this rock sub-genre has no boundaries. (Thanks to Yuka for this one)

Highly Recommended

01 – Apocalypse (Intro)
02 – Screaming In The Midnight
03 – Never More
04 – Against The Wall
05 – Slaves
06 – Images And Words
07 – Anger
08 – Give Me A Reason
09 – In The Darkness
10 – City Of Brokenhearts
11 – Only Your Love
12 – In My Heart (Bonus Track Japan)

Alec – Bass and Vocals
Cristian – Guitar and Backing Vocals
Bonnie – Drums

BUY IT
www.fye.com/jakks—scream-japanese-bonus-material-aec.unij9013897.2.html

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds good. I'll check it out for sure. Production sounds solid, but I'd usually expect a million dollar sounding production job from any Japanese band.