Pride Of Lions - Lion Heart

Stefan

• 4 months later...

I will looking forward to hear more, when get closer to the release date.

I am pleased that Toby is playing only one band, where almost every album that is coming out has Romero on it.

That's a pretty cool tune. I like Hitchcock, but gotta say, sometimes his voice really doesn't work for me. Sounds quite operatic in this tune, but it's still okay.

Peterik... seriously, what's he actually doing? Does he think he looks anything but absolutely fucking ridiculous? Not being funny and to each their own, but has the dude come out the closet in recent years or something? 

Eh, this is pretty vanilla to me. I can only handle this project in small doses because Hitchcock over-sings EVERYTHING. Tremendous vocalist obviously but his voice is hit-or-miss with this genre of music.

Also, if I want Survivor, I'll just listen to Survivor.

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Peterik... seriously, what's he actually doing? Does he think he looks anything but absolutely fucking ridiculous? Not being funny and to each their own, but has the dude come out the closet in recent years or something? 

I wonder about his look, too, because he does look so ridiculous.  He's still married to his wife Karen and they've been together for almost 50 years.

As goofy as he looks, I will say this: I read Jim's autobiography and he comes across as a really good dude.  

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Tabe said:

I wonder about his look, too, because he does look so ridiculous.  He's still married to his wife Karen and they've been together for almost 50 years.

As goofy as he looks, I will say this: I read Jim's autobiography and he comes across as a really good dude.  

Yeah, he always comes across in interviews as a good guy who's having a ball with life. As old as he is, he's always been a Rockstar at heart and his look reflects that. He doesn't quite pull it off, but good on him. He's livin' the dream man.

19 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Jim is one of the best people on this planet. Not a bad bone in his body.

That was absolutely the vibe I got from his book.  He came across as a dude who's blessed, who knows he's blessed, and wakes up every day really happy to be doing what he loves doing.  And it seemed really genuine.  

• 1 month later...

New lyric video for 'Lion Heart'.

Pride of Lions, the revered melodic rock band featuring the legendary ‘Eye of The Tiger’ songwriter and The Ides Of March member Jim Peterik together with powerhouse vocalist Toby Hitchcock, are back with their fabulous sixth studio album, “Lion Heart” on October 9, 2020.

Jim Peterik has never lost his verve for melodic rock, a style of music he inarguably helped forge. Pride Of Lions showcases everything that you should love about the genre: powerful vocals, thanks to Toby Hitchcock, and unforgettable melodies. And the new songs and performances truly show what a “lion heart" Peterik still is. The opening cut, the title track, blazes from the speakers gaining steam with every chorus. Future classics like “Carry Me Back” with a truly unforgettable hook, to the mesmerizing magic of “Unfinished Heart”, and the majesty of an epic song like “Rock and Roll Boomtown” illustrate why this record has everything to please all the melodic rock fans out there.

Powerhouse American vocalist Toby Hitchcock came to the attention of melodic rock fans on the now legendary debut album from Pride of Lions. Often compared to Bobby Kimball (TOTO), Jimi Jamison (Survivor), and Lou Gramm (Foreigner), Hitchcock’s voice has the depth, feeling and extension of each of them, while still keeping his own trademark. His brilliant voice makes him an absolute star in the current melodic rock scene.

Since the start of Pride of Lions, Jim Peterik wanted to take listeners back to the glory of his best, most successful songs. His name is rightfully in the pantheon of great songwriters in melodic rock due to his love for melody and driving rock. His phenomenal rise to the top was borne on the back of amazing songs he co-wrote like “Eye Of The Tiger” from the film “Rocky III” ( an indelible classic), “The Search Is Over”, “High On You”, and “I Can’t Hold Back”. Further hits from films followed like “Burning Heart” from “Rocky IV” and Jim co-wrote the theme song of the seminal animation classic “Heavy Metal” with Sammy Hagar. A long lasting and fruitful relationship started in 1980 between Jim and the southern-rock group .38 Special, where he co-wrote their platinum hits “Hold On Loosely”, “Caught Up In You”, “Wild-Eyed Southern Boys”, “Fantasy Girl”, and “Rockin’ Into The Night”. Their collaboration continues to this day. Jim has also written with the beloved Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Tracklisting:

1. Lion Heart

2. We Play For Free

3. Heart Of The Warrior

4. Carry Me Back

5. Sleeping With A Memory

6. Good Thing Gone

7. Unfinished Heart

8. Give It Away

9. Flagship

10. Rock & Roll Boomtown

11. You’re Not A Prisoner

12. Now

Line-up:

Toby Hitchcock-lead vocals

Jim Peterik-lead vocals, background vocals, keyboards, electric and acoustic guitar, percussion

Ed Breckenfeld- Drums and percussion

Klem Hayes- Bass

Mike Aquino- Lead and rhythm guitar

Colin Peterik- Drums on Lion Heart

Kevin Campbell- Bass on Lion Heart

Christian Mathew Cullen- Synths & Programming

Edited by Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

The intro to "Sleeping With A Memory" reminds of Foreigner - "Waiting For A Girl Like You". I've listened to the album now and really like it but wish Toby would sing more.

Not bad but not earth moving either...pretty much a paint by numbers POL album...you know exactly what your gonna get. 

On 10/13/2020 at 5:30 AM, Jez said:

Not bad but not earth moving either...pretty much a paint by numbers POL album...you know exactly what your gonna get. 

QFT.

It's exactly what I expected and nothing I'd ever play again, sadly. Very weak lyrics too, I really do have to say. Cringe-a-minute type of stuff.