simo

Corona

After ski closed down for the season and all cover band gigs cancelled beacuse of the damn communist-dictatorship virus.

I reckon this will be the UK in around 2 weeks, people are still being too complacent and it's this complacency that's going to get them or their elderly relatives killed.

My state in Australia (Victoria) goes into lockdown in a day.
Schools closed, borders shut, only essential businesses open.
The prime minister announced more restrictions to appy to the rest of the country, but we are breaking from them and going alone to a  degree.
Prime minister blamed younger people for not adhering to social distancinge tc - very much like a parent chastising a kid/

Which leads me to....

"The way mellenials feel about being blamed for the spread of coronavirus is how boomers feel about being blamed for global warming"

I'm noy a boomer, but jeez it's nice to be able to turn the tables on these pretentious little shits.

Nova Scotia declared a state of emergency today....no groups over 5 people or you could face fines or arrest...this has come about mainly because of millenials ignoring the social distancing orders and congregating in large groups...Canada has closed the borders to everything but goods shipments...everything is closed except for drug stores, grocery stores, gas stations and some restaurants have take out....welcome to the future...:unsure:

30 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Nova Scotia declared a state of emergency today....no groups over 5 people or you could face fines or arrest...this has come about mainly because of millenials ignoring the social distancing orders and congregating in large groups...Canada has closed the borders to everything but goods shipments...everything is closed except for drug stores, grocery stores, gas stations and some restaurants have take out....welcome to the future...:unsure:

Holy shit. I wonder if that is gonna make its way westward.

I was planning to have a house party next weekend, but I cancelled it, because I felt it would be insensitive to my neighbours. Was it actually directed at millennials? Out here, a lot of people are continuing on in ignorance. Regardless of age. 

31 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Holy shit. I wonder if that is gonna make its way westward.

I was planning to have a house party next weekend, but I cancelled it, because I felt it would be insensitive to my neighbours. Was it actually directed at millennials? Out here, a lot of people are continuing on in ignorance. Regardless of age. 

Ignorance is no longer an excuse and yes the new rules were put in place because of young people ignoring the distancing rules....at least the majority of people ignoring the rules were young....

I don't want to seem like an asshole child as well, but I haven't been out and about for fun since……… July or August and even then it wasn't much. I would ignore them too, but only because I'm not worried about it (I know the rest of you are and I understand why but you won't understand because you're too busy being worried) and because I never have any fun and this winter was hard. It's the meanest thing, this virus, and I don't find it scary, worrying, intimidating, or anything, and I'm going to continue my life as normal, and any chance to go outside and away from my house I'll take. Those kids though that are  ignoring the rules, they are worse than I am because they actually get to go out more and they don't have any respect. I have respect, I just need to get out and release something inside of myself that's been trapped since the start of winter. 

Going outside is fine, as long as you're not coming in contact with other people. Go for a walk, bike ride, etc., but just don't go near other people. That's the point. Even though the risk to you personally is minimal due to your age, you could carry it to someone else who is more susceptible. That is the critical factor... all the people you might infect along the way without realizing it.

The videos of kids on Spring Break still partying it up even now, is horrific. The governor of Florida should be thrown in the slammer for incompetence. Sure, he's wanting to salvage the state's economy as much as he can, but he's oblivious to the fact that he's making it so much worse in the long run, and for the entire country once all those idiots return home.

I know the restrictions may seem extreme to some, especially when Nova Scotia only has 28 cases so far. BUT if you want lessons in what not to do then just look at Italy where they did not take it seriously , did not act quick enough and now transmission of the virus is rampant through the country...800 dead yesterday alone...personally I think we need to take extreme measures now before the numbers get crazy, after all it's not much use trying to close the barn door after all the horses have bolted....most provinces in Canada have declared a state of emergency although the rules vary between them...

Same in Switzerland, big groups standing together or people that don't keep a distance of at least 2 meters will get fined. Question is.... how do the cops intend to fine people if they can't move closer than 2m??

Alpha and G-off, group sex is still on, I repeat, the 44 at 12 is still a go, don't be late

• Like 1