Corona

simo

Quote: “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

A tweet by the FDA that implored people to stop self-medicating against Covid-19 with a drug called ivermectin. Ivermectin is typically given to livestock for deworming purposes, but enough people have been taking it recently that the FDA and Mississippi’s state epidemiologist have issued warnings.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Quote: “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

A tweet by the FDA that implored people to stop self-medicating against Covid-19 with a drug called ivermectin. Ivermectin is typically given to livestock for deworming purposes, but enough people have been taking it recently that the FDA and Mississippi’s state epidemiologist have issued warnings.

Dafuq? How... why.... huh? Jesus, people are stupid. Between this and the whole drinking bleach thing, I'm firmly convinced that the majority of our population has room-temperature IQs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Dafuq? How... why.... huh? Jesus, people are stupid. Between this and the whole drinking bleach thing, I'm firmly convinced that the majority of our population has room-temperature IQs.

Yeah I don't understand it....they won't take a vaccine but they will take a drug meant for animals....:wacko:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Back on the American side because I saw Geoff post a video of Tucker Carlson.

While Tucker is on air promoting the masks don't work,blah blah blah-behind the scenes everyone in the control room with him( camera man ,etc...) is mandated by Fox to wear a mask !

Oops, double post. 

Edited by Geoff

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Back on the American side because I saw Geoff post a video of Tucker Carlson.

While Tucker is on air promoting the masks don't work,blah blah blah-behind the scenes everyone in the control room with him( camera man ,etc...) is mandated by Fox to wear a mask !

But isn't that the whole point? I'm mandated to wear a mask but it doesn't mean I don't think it's the stupidest fucking garbage I've been subjected to in my life thus far. We're all being forced to do stuff we don't agree with, hence why people like this dude, I assume (don't know the guy from a bar of soap), speak out against it... To try and restore common sense. I assume? 

7 hours ago, Glen said:

I told you about this ages ago? This isn't new, this has been in the public domain for some time. 

I said as soon as you reach 70% you'd open up just like UK. 

My poor misguided little friend. But just as you missed it 50 pages back, you're still missing the point we're trying to make. Our prime minister and one of our state premiers are finally talking about living with covid, but there's five other state premiers who don't want a bar of it. The reality of actually opening up, even at 70-80% seems neither believable, nor likely. 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

My poor misguided little friend. But just as you missed it 50 pages back, you're still missing the point we're trying to make. Our prime minister and one of our state premiers are finally talking about living with covid, but there's five other state premiers who don't want a bar of it. The reality of actually opening up, even at 70-80% seems neither believable, nor likely. 

it will happen. 

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

it will happen. 

You should source some media from Australia, particularly from Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia, and try to understand what they think of living with covid, even at 80% vaccinated. 

You're making assumptions that because you live in a country where common sense is prevelant that the rest of the world is the same. 

You don't see the frenzy that the mere suggestion that we need to live with covid has whipped up here. We've been talking about it for 18 months on this forum but in August 2021 this concept has taken most of Australia by surprise because an insane amount of people have believed, and 100% most certainly still believe, that we can live in a society without covid. 

I know you mean well, but thousands of miles away, you just don't have a comprehension of the level of stupidity down here. Don't mistake the overwhelming intelligence of all Australian posters on this forum as the norm in this country. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

You should source some media from Australia, particularly from Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia, and try to understand what they think of living with covid, even at 80% vaccinated. 

You're making assumptions that because you live in a country where common sense is prevelant that the rest of the world is the same. 

You don't see the frenzy that the mere suggestion that we need to live with covid has whipped up here. We've been talking about it for 18 months on this forum but in August 2021 this concept has taken most of Australia by surprise because an insane amount of people have believed, and 100% most certainly still believe, that we can live in a society without covid. 

I know you mean well, but thousands of miles away, you just don't have a comprehension of the level of stupidity down here. Don't mistake the overwhelming intelligence of all Australian posters on this forum as the norm in this country. 

Ok, I hope it will happen. Better?

I honestly think though at 70-80% there will be too much pressure economically.

thats basically what happened in the UK.

Interesting after all the blood clot news on Astra - I wonder if this has gone under the radar?

Myocarditis risk after second jabs 'influencing decision making'

A BBC News viewer says he had myocarditis (an inflammation of the heart muscle) after having his second Pfizer vaccine and ended up in A&E.

He asks if he should still have a booster vaccine - if and when they are offered - and whether he should switch to another jab.

Prof Finn says the myocarditis risk after second jabs in males is "indeed a concern" and is influencing the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation's decision making, particularly in the very young, where the risk of serious disease is much lower.

He says it is likely that if booster vaccines are offered there will be specific advice to people who have experienced these side effects - potentially saying they should switch vaccines

26 minutes ago, Geoff said:

What Tucker doesn't understand is the overwhelming public support this Draconianism has here in Australia. Ask 90% of people and they'd say shooting the dogs was justified as was the manhunt for the Sneeze Criminal. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Interesting after all the blood clot news on Astra - I wonder if this has gone under the radar?

Myocarditis risk after second jabs 'influencing decision making'

A BBC News viewer says he had myocarditis (an inflammation of the heart muscle) after having his second Pfizer vaccine and ended up in A&E.

He asks if he should still have a booster vaccine - if and when they are offered - and whether he should switch to another jab.

Prof Finn says the myocarditis risk after second jabs in males is "indeed a concern" and is influencing the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation's decision making, particularly in the very young, where the risk of serious disease is much lower.

He says it is likely that if booster vaccines are offered there will be specific advice to people who have experienced these side effects - potentially saying they should switch vaccines

Lol.

• Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given
  • Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given

You are more likely to win on lottery than get those side effects. It's literally one in a million.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, auslander said:

Lol.

• Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given
  • Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given

You are more likely to win on lottery than get those side effects. It's literally one in a million.

and Astra is 8 in a million, but people are still running scared of it.

second dose is even less than that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auslander said:

What Tucker doesn't understand is the overwhelming public support this Draconianism has here in Australia. Ask 90% of people and they'd say shooting the dogs was justified as was the manhunt for the Sneeze Criminal. 

Nah mate, I think he understands completely. In fact, I believe that's why he believes we are where we are. 

I hadn't even heard the sneeze story yet or I might have sliced my throat open when I did... 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, Geoff said:

But isn't that the whole point? I'm mandated to wear a mask but it doesn't mean I don't think it's the stupidest fucking garbage I've been subjected to in my life thus far. We're all being forced to do stuff we don't agree with, hence why people like this dude, I assume (don't know the guy from a bar of soap), speak out against it... To try and restore common sense. I assume? 

A lot of people like me don't like Tucker.Common sense isn't something I equate him with.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, Glen said:

Ok, I hope it will happen. Better?

I honestly think though at 70-80% there will be too much pressure economically.

thats basically what happened in the UK.

here you go Geoff. I assume this will force their hand. If opening up is what you want. Cant see anything changing though before you hit those numbers... Still a long way off (30% double jabbed)

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg warned state leaders on Wednesday that current emergency economic supports may be withdrawn when the country hits a 70%-80% COVID-19 vaccination rate, even if states and territories decide to retain border controls.

"There should be no expectation on behalf of premiers and chief ministers that our emergency economic support will continue at the scale that it is currently," Frydenberg told broadcaster Seven News.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

and Astra is 8 in a million, but people are still running scared of it.

second dose is even less than that 

The thing is nobody knows what the vaccine is going to do to your body in 5 to 10 years. No studies have been done to find out. 

1 minute ago, AlphaMale said:

The thing is nobody knows what the vaccine is going to do to your body in 5 to 10 years. No studies have been done to find out. 

its basically the same as the flu vaccine. its not going to do anything to your body. 

Pfizer I cannot comment because that is different. 

8 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

serious question- what do you actually think is in the Astra vaccine? 

its not some potion they dreamed up lol. 

They just take a protein sample of COVID , combine it with a harmless known cold vaccine and inject. This then teaches your t-cell to fight the virus by creating antibodies.

it is basically harmless - like being injected with a minute bit of COVID.

Honestly this is basically 100% safe. Except for a very very small (1/100,000) chance of a blood clot.

But there are known side effects for every medicine - just read a pack of paracetamol or ibuprofen and your brain will implode.