Corona

simo

They are hoping that it will die off when warmer weather hits but even if it does it will most likely hit again next winter so we will be dealing with it every year like normal flu...hopefully we can get a vaccine out asap so that when you get a flu shot you will be covered...unfortunately they are saying it could take 18 months before there is a working vaccine....

I wouldn't put my eggs in the warm weather basket just yet:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/coronavirus-flu-weather-temperature-intl-hnk/index.html

Re: vaccine, while it is likely a year out, it may not be long as 18 months. Clinical trials have already started:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-vaccine.html

13 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

How the hell is india down so low on that list?
I've been there, and it's a perfect transmission country.

Probably because they don't test so they don't have as many cases when in reality they probably have a lot. Same with countries like Africa  

36 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

I wouldn't put my eggs in the warm weather basket just yet:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/asia/coronavirus-flu-weather-temperature-intl-hnk/index.html

Re: vaccine, while it is likely a year out, it may not be long as 18 months. Clinical trials have already started:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-vaccine.html

I hope you are right about the time frame but if they rush it out it could cause more problems than it solves...

5 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Probably because they don't test so they don't have as many cases when in reality they probably have a lot. Same with countries like Africa  

I agree, a lot of countries are not testing enough if at all so the numbers are meaningless, also there are countries who are not being honest about the severity of the virus such as Iran and Russia.....

Edited by Dead Planet

8 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Fox News, home of reason.

dr.drews been on all the channels saying the same thing, this was just the shortest clip, funny guy

Today I was woken up to a good old 5.7 earthquake, not big enough to do anything but shake you out of bed and knock all the shit off your shelves, and to spark around the clock news coverage, for really no reason, it's nice to switch it up from Corona, 

42 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I agree, a lot of countries are not testing enough if at all so the numbers are meaningless, also there are countries who are not being honest about the severity of the virus such as Iran and Russia.....

Another reason we are likely to see huge spikes in cases in the U.S. over the next 3 weeks is that testing is just now ramping up. In other words, a certain percentage of "new cases" will be people who have had it for quite some time, but were not reported due to the lack of testing, so they just now will be included in the numbers.

59 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Another reason we are likely to see huge spikes in cases in the U.S. over the next 3 weeks is that testing is just now ramping up. In other words, a certain percentage of "new cases" will be people who have had it for quite some time, but were not reported due to the lack of testing, so they just now will be included in the numbers.

Yeah, true

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Today I was woken up to a good old 5.7 earthquake, not big enough to do anything but shake you out of bed and knock all the shit off your shelves, and to spark around the clock news coverage, for really no reason, it's nice to switch it up from Corona, 

Lucky! An earthquake in my town would be nice, at least it'd be something to get people talking and out of their houses 😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Right. It's hard to get legitimate data when you're so far behind in actually measuring it.

Anyway, to add my two cents to the thread, this virus sucks shit. As someone who has battle anxiety issues for most of his life, the way everything is just on hold right now is really throwing me for a loop. Things will almost certainly get worse before they get better and that's not sitting well with me.

I'm just trying to be thankful for my own health...

12 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Nope, once it takes hold there, the shit will hit the fan.
There is a huge amount of poverty there, and people jam the streets all day and night.
If they can't contain it in India, it will go nuts, like it did at that mosque gathering in Malaysia.

On 3/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, PetraGirl86 said:

Lucky! An earthquake in my town would be nice, at least it'd be something to get people talking and out of their houses 😆

Sounds like you live in a boring dead zone. 

I went to Walmart today to shop for my Mom. It was unbelievable!! They were out of just about everything!

No water, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, canned pasta, canned vegetables, soda, eggs, yogurt, soap/body wash, pet food........ everything completely destroyed!

32 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I went to Walmart today to shop for my Mom. It was unbelievable!! They were out of just about everything!

No water, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, canned pasta, canned vegetables, soda, eggs, yogurt, soap/body wash, pet food........ everything completely destroyed!

How large of a town/city are you in? This past weekend our local Wal-Mart was utterly decimated, but as of today, the vast majority of things have been restocked and readily available. The shopping mood/crowd seemed normal.

Starting today though, hours are being reduced even further... 24/7 to 6AM-11PM and now to 8AM-7:30PM.

1 minute ago, heavyharmonies said:

How large of a town/city are you in? This past weekend our local Wal-Mart was utterly decimated, but as of today, the vast majority of things have been restocked and readily available. The shopping mood/crowd seemed normal.

Starting today though, hours are being reduced even further... 24/7 to 6AM-11PM and now to 8AM-7:30PM.

Baltimore. Big city. Been to the 2 closest and both were the same. Out of everything!!

Yeah, I heard taht Tasmania is basically in lockdown from the rest of Australia.
All international visitors nor banned.

Spoke to staff yesterday about what is going on.
Basically they said that all the items that are always sold out are restocked 8am every morening, but the queue of people waiting to get in basically clears them out for the rest of the day.

Weirdest thing for me is that people are doing all this panic buying, but there is tonnes of frozen food - pizzas, chips, deserts etc always available. I guess their freezers are all full now. Same with other foods, roast chickens (cooked) breads, milk etc are all use by withing 4 or 5 days so nobody wants them.

But like 500 people died in Italy yertersay from this. I know their population is older, but it's hardly the 'slightly more severe flu' that some people claim.

My daughter just did her last shift for 8 weeks.
Aother daughter is now working from home.
Just approved a letter to staff in my other business basically telling 20 people that they likely won't get many hours, if any, over the next month at least.
These are casual staff, and obviously rely on work.
And this is just the start.

I just booked to exhibit at a gift fair in August, but before I signed I had them put in writing that if cancelled, full refunds wouldbe made.
Can't be too careful.

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Latest update:

Malls are closed. MTA reduced by 50% and only hospital personnel allowed to use it.

This is getting fucked. Total lockdown is next. 

OH MY GOSH I'm gonna kill somebody :cussing::crying:

Just when I wanna have some fun the whole world shuts down 😖

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Play some Taylor Swift and dance away! LOL

Taylor Swift= :puke:

I want to do something with friends, not sit in my house in my boring town with my family of boring people! 

7 minutes ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Taylor Swift= :puke:

I want to do something with friends, not sit in my house in my boring town with my family of boring people! 

Ahhhh.... to be young again. :lol:

• Haha 1